Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/94917
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 842 Riga 2004 5 October (pr. No 58 39) meeting of senior officials on issues of the European Union regulations Issued under the public administration facilities of article 13 of the law i. General questions 1. the meeting of the senior officials of the European Union (hereinafter referred to as the meeting) is the national coordinating body to ensure cooperation between national regulatory authorities in matters related to the participation of the Republic of Latvia in the European Union.
2. the Council has the following tasks: 2.1 to consider proposals on priorities with respect to its participation in the European Union;
2.2. to consider proposals for a United, with Latvia's membership of the European Union related to the implementation of national policies;
2.3. agree on joint solutions for the representatives of the national regulatory authorities in the practical operation of the European institutions;
2.4. to agree on the distribution of tasks under the competence of the national regulatory authority of coordination or other disputes cases between national regulatory authorities on issues related to Latvia's membership of the European Union, including the Latvian national position with regard to European legislation, decision-making and project implementation, on the representation of the European Union institutions, as well as Latvia's position on the Court of Justice of the European communities to the sectors of things;
2.5. to coordinate the national regulatory authorities in carrying out the tasks related to Latvia's membership of the European Union;
2.6. to consider and prepare proposals for the development of draft legislation if national regulatory authorities dispute matters related to law of the European Union;
2.7. to agree on the amount of the document to be translated, which each Ministry can sign up for translation and terminology Centre;
2.8. The Member States of the European Union to approve a small-scale twinning (Twinning Light) project applications.
II. composition and functioning of the meeting 3. at the proposal of the national regulatory authority in the composition of the meeting with voting rights shall include one representative from each Department (with the exception of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, represented by the European Union coordinating department director and another officer), a representative from the Secretariat of the Minister of special duties (national Deputy Secretary or another officer), as well as by the representative of the Bank of Latvia, a member of the Prime Minister's Office and the State Office of the Bureau of European Affairs (hereinafter referred to as the European Affairs Bureau) that the relevant national regulatory authority is responsible for the Affairs of the European Union (hereinafter referred to as the senior official of the European Union). In the absence of a representative of the national regulatory authority representing the interests of the senior officials of the European Union matters, but the representative and his Deputy — in the absence of the duly accredited representative of the national regulatory authority.
4. The meeting of the President of the meeting of the personnel of the proposal approved by the Prime Minister.
5. Meeting with the consultant's right to participate in the Parliamentary Commission for European Affairs, Chancellor information society Office, translation and terminology Centre, national radio and Television Council, State control, the Prosecutor's Office, the financial and capital market Commission and the Latvian Authorities, the representatives of the Union.
6. the Chairman of the meeting of the European Affairs Bureau Chief. The meeting in the absence of the President, his functions shall be the head of the Office for European Affairs ad interim.
7. the work of the meeting facilities provide the European Affairs Bureau (sends relevant material minuted meetings meetings, prepares the meeting agenda and the draft Protocol).
III. Meetings meetings, the preparation and conduct of meetings of the meeting 8 usually take place once a week. Meetings meeting time, place and agenda of the meeting, the President determines.
9. each meeting represented the national regulatory authority has the right to invite to participate in the meeting of experts, which are pending issues.
10. Meeting chaired by meeting Chairman.
11. questions of the meeting the agenda of the meeting included the Chairman of the meeting or its Member's request.
12. The meeting meeting required materials submitted its national regulatory authority that has jurisdiction in the present matter. Not later than two working days before the meeting the national regulatory authority shall electronically escalated materials Bureau for European Affairs. The meeting approved the agenda of the President and the other with agenda related materials, European Affairs Bureau sent electronically to all participants of the meeting not later than one working day before the regular session of the Council, except for this provision in paragraph 13 and 14 in certain cases.
13. materials associated with the European Union Council of Ministers meetings and the work of the Committee of permanent representatives, after consulting the Chairman of the meeting shall be sent no later than three hours before the opening of the meeting.
14. Material relating to the coordination of the position of the Republic of Latvia concerning the European Commission's formal notice of infringement procedure (the Treaty establishing the European Community, and the 226.227.228), the responsible national authority at least two working days before the meeting electronically and the European Affairs Bureau līdzatbildīgaj the national regulatory authorities.
15. If necessary, the President may convene an extraordinary meeting, by giving no later than two working days before the meeting. The Chairman of the meeting also approved the agenda of the extraordinary meeting. Extraordinary meeting of the agenda material for European Affairs Office electronically meeting one day before the extraordinary meeting.
IV. decisions of the meeting of the 16 meeting is valid if at least two-thirds of its members. Meeting decisions shall be taken unanimously. If any participant in the meeting on the matter is a different view of the matter, the Chairman of the meeting or the national regulatory authority which has competence for the matter, may propose to examine it in the Cabinet.
17. the senior official in the European Union according to the representative of the national regulatory authority competency: 17.1. provides execution of decisions of the meeting of deadlines;
17.2. inform the representative of the national regulatory authority and its subordinated institutions of public administration employees for meeting decisions;
17.3. inform European Affairs Office for the execution of decisions of the meeting.
18. If the meeting meeting cannot agree on an issue, the national regulatory authority in accordance with the development of a draft document and submit it to the Cabinet.
19. Meeting minutes. It shall indicate the agenda, persons who participated in the hearing and commented on the matter, the decisions taken and explicit tasks.
20. the Office for European Affairs meeting minutes one day during all meetings electronically to participants. The participants of the meeting during the next working day, have the right to raise reasoned objections to the draft Protocol. Harmonised protocol signing sitting President. The Office of European Affairs, two working days after the meeting place of the sitting Cabinet website on the internet and electronically sent to all meeting participants.
V. closing question 21. Be declared unenforceable: 21.1. Cabinet of Ministers of 20 May 2003, the provisions of no. 267 "meeting of senior officials on issues of European integration rules" (Latvian journal, 2003, nr. 77.94 no; 2004);
21.2. the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 May 2003, the provisions of no. 268 "Statute of the Council of the European integration" (Latvian journal, 2003, nr. 77.94 no; 2004).
Prime Minister i. Emsis, Minister of Justice v. höche Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 14 October 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia