Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/95141
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 847 in 2004 (October 12. No 59 39) State agencies "spare" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Public Agency "spare" (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior of an existing national institution.
2. the Agency shall be established to carry out the national material reserves, organized the national substantive provisions, storing and updating, through the national material reserves as a national property preservation, as well as the store with the criminal evidence and exhibits related to the withdrawn items.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: to provide State 3.1 the material provisions, issue, storage and updating;
3.2. provide criminal-related evidence and removed items from the storage, disposal or destruction.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions, the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1 lists the State material reserves and prepare reports on State material reserves;
4.2. ensure materials reserve readiness for public involvement risk prevention and management situation (emergency situations);
4.3. organizes national material reserves buying;
4.4. distributes or utilizes the withdrawn State material reserve resources;
4.5. the stored materials reserves and closed storage contracts with custodians responsible for State material reserves storage resources;
4.6. examine the State material reserves the librarian responsible for the performance of the State material reserves accounting compliance, and storage are respected, as well as provide State compensation for damage suffered;
4.7. evaluate the proposals for the responsible custodian of national material resources, retirement reserves;
4.8. store with criminal evidence and exhibits related to the withdrawn items to the offender, the Prosecutor's inquiry or court order or decision resolving a criminal case;
4.9. in accordance with the decision of the promoters of the process or destroy the exercise of criminal evidence and exhibits related to the withdrawn items if they are perishable and cannot be returned to the owner or if prolonged storage is causing losses to the State;
4.10. in accordance with the decision of the promoters of the return process with related criminal matters the withdrawn items to their owners, or, if the removed items are disposed of or destroyed, pay the owner the value.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. legislation in to request and receive from the public administrations, legal and physical persons in the Agency's functions and tasks, the necessary information;
5.2. to provide public services and charge for the services provided.
6. Obligations of the Agency is in a position to assume the extent their performance or compensation for non-performance would not affect the Agency's functions.
III. Agency governance 7. The work of the agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Director recruiting and dismissal of the Interior Minister.
8. The Director shall determine the duties of the public agency law, these rules, the management contract and the contract of employment. The Agency Director is public administration facilities Act direct authorities driving.
IV. funding of the Agency's property and assets of the Agency has 9 national real property that is transferred to the possession of the Agency.
10. The budget of the Agency shall consist of: 10.1 Government grant from the general revenue;
10.2. the same revenue, including revenue for paid services rendered by the Agency;
10.3. donations, gifts and foreign financial assistance.
V. activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 11. Agency official decisions, and agency staff in actual action may be challenged, by the Director of the Agency for the application.
12. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions as well as the actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of the Interior. The decision of the Ministry of the Interior may appeal to the Court.
13. the Agency's regulations established shall prepare and provide a current and an annual report on its activities and the use of financial resources.
Vi. Closing questions 14. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 November 2004.
15. Rule 3.2, 4.8, 4.9 and 4.10 shall enter into force by 1 January 2005.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Interior Minister er ivry Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 1 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia