Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/96374
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 912 Riga 2004 (9 November. 64. § 18) National Agency "Latvian Statistical Institute", in accordance with the regulations issued by the public agency law 8 the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Public Agency "Latvian Institute of statistics" (hereinafter called the Institute) is the Minister of economy under the supervision of an existing direct regulatory authority.
2. the Institute is established to promote the development of the Latvian economy, analyze the situation and forecast trends, perform research, and also forces the implementation of scientific research in the field of statistics.
II. functions of the Institute, the tasks and rights 3. The Institute has the following functions: 3.1 carry out scientific studies, public management statistics, econometrics and contact areas of Science sub-sectors, through national and international projects and programs;
3.2. take forces studies (including regularly collect data, create and analyze database) industrial, construction, investment, agricultural, retail, service, labour market and other areas, be informed of the results of research State and local government bodies and international organisations under the joint harmonised European Union forces and the consumer survey programme;
3.3. create, maintain and update the database on research and practical calculations carried out in accordance with the long-term projects and contracts or by the public authorities of the order;
3.4. depth to analyze statistical data on issues related to the Institute's research themes;
3.5. provide consultative services (paid and free) natural and legal persons in the forces, territorial research statistics and statistical methods.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Institute performs the following tasks: 4.1 develop and publish research papers and statistical bulletins on the Institute's research results;
4.2. prepare and submit to the State and local government institutions, reports, reviews or other materials with proposals arising from the analysis of statistical data, as well as proposals for the development of statistics;
4.3. applying the research and statistical work projects or participate in other projects.
5. The Institute has the following rights: 5.1. legislation in order to take private transactions necessary for its activity;
5.2. the charge for the services of the Institute;
5.3. to request and receive, free of charge from national and municipal authorities, as well as of natural and legal persons for the functions of the Institute the necessary information;
5.4. organize and manage seminars and conferences, as well as to participate in foreign and international institutions take measures in the field of statistical science, provide a mutual exchange of information and experience;
5.5. to cooperate with State and local authorities, non-governmental organizations, universities, foreign and international institutions, as well as conclude cooperation agreements;
5.6. to prepare and distribute research papers and other publications.
III. the administration of the Institute the Institute headed by 6, the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute shall be recruited, dismissal and disciplinary penalty economy Minister.
7. The Director of the Institute of public administration of equipment carried out statutory direct administration functions. The duties of Director of the Institute of public law of the agency determines the rules and management contracts.
IV. The Institute's funding mechanism 8. the financial resources of the Institute consists of: 8.1. State budget grants from general revenue;
8.2. own revenue, including project competitions assigned funds;
8.3. donations and gifts;
8.4. foreign financial assistance.
9. Institute of law on budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to assume the guarantees. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance to the transactions that the documentation prepared by the Institute with the Ministry of economy.
V. activities of the Institute for Justice, security and reporting. the Institute's staff of 10 decisions and actual action may be challenged, by submitting the application to the Director of the Institute.
11. The Director of the Institute of administrative acts issued and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of the economy. The economic Ministry's decisions are subject to judicial review.
12. the Institute at least once a year, provide the Minister and the Ministry of Economic Affairs Officer for information on the work of the Institute.
13. the Institute shall prepare and publish in the Gazette "journal" report on last year's results of operation and financial resources spent.
VI. final question 14. in 2004 and 2005, the Institute is financed from its own revenues.
Prime Minister i. Emsis economic Minister j. lujans Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 13 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia