Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/96484
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 922 in 2004 (9 November. 64 27) State agencies ' medical library of Latvia "Issued in accordance with the Charter of the public agencies Act 8 the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Public Agency" Latvian medical library "(library) is under the supervision of the Ministry of health, the existing State authority.
2. the objective of the library is to participate in health care policies, providing the necessary library and information services, as well as provide: 2.1. National Library item creation health, environmental health, medical sciences and social care;
2.2. the library public access to information and the use of appropriate laws and regulations;
2.3. health workers the librarian, bibliographic and informational service.
II. Library functions, tasks and rights 3. Library has the following functions: output 3.1, catalog, systematize and bibliografē the library collections, as well as, if necessary, to write off inventory library documents;
3.2. provide health care persons employed qualitative (complete, accurate, timely) information for the health care, pharmaceutical and general reference;
3.3. promote health worker competency in providing them with information resources, as well as to train in the use of resources;
3.4. to build health care and medical sciences sectors bibliogrāfisko resources that are part of the national bibliography;
3.5. to advise the health care authorities, libraries, as well as to coordinate the health authorities of the activities of the library and give them methodological help.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the library performs the following tasks: 4.1 the kit library collections;
4.2. cooperate with the health authorities and other Latvian library library library item Assembly, as well as draw up proposals for a single library item acquisition policy in health, environmental health, medical sciences and social care;
4.3. provides libraries the inventory and preservation;
4.4. provide library collections and electronic resources of information according to laws and regulations;
4.5. using the Latvian and international interlibrary loans and document delivery services, the Centre provides access to materials that are not in the library item;
4.6 provides a library inventory processing, disclosing its content and creating the library electronic catalogue, as well as prepare bibliogrāfisko, lists and descriptions by using electronic data processing technologies;
4.7. create information resources: databases, filing and thematic newspaper and magazine articles;
4.8. participate in the national global catalog and single reader creating databases;
4.9. According to the competence participates in health care institutions and organizations held events;
4.10 promote library collections and library public relations;
4.11. create, maintain and keep updated the library home page on the internet;
4.12. ensure rapid and high-quality librarians, bibliographic and informational services;
4.13 organise methodological assistance measures and develop guidance materials health authorities libraries;
4.14. coordinates and analyzes the health care authorities, library work as well as health care workers, the librarian bibliographic and information service and developing proposals for its improvement;
4.15. promote and coordinate the implementation of new information technology in health care institutions, libraries and virtual libraries;
4.16. cooperate with other Latvian and foreign libraries, participates in Latvian and foreign librarians and library associations and the work of the Association.
5. the library has the right to charge a fee for library public services provided, as well as other library statutory rights.
III. structure of the library management and library work 6 conducts Library Director. The Library Director shall make public law agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions. Library Deputy Director can be.
7. the Director of the library is entitled to create a territorial unit provided for in these provisions for the exercise of its functions. The library of the departments of the competence of the Library Director.
IV. Library Advisory Board 8. in order to facilitate the cooperation of national regulatory authorities and the information service of library in the field of library matters within the competence of the Minister of health shall establish the Library Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
9. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the regulations of the Board.
10. The Board's main task is to provide the Minister of health and library of opinions and proposals for the library's medium-term development strategy and operational improvement.
11. meetings of the Board shall be entitled to participate in the library the Director or his authorized representative.
12. the work of the Council provide library facilities.
V. library assets and financial resources 13. Library with its possession passed to the Act public law agency in article 16.
14. the financial resources of the library: 14.1. Government grants from the general revenue;
14.2. own revenue (revenue for paid service provided by the library and project competitions assigned funds);
14.3. donations, gifts and foreign financial assistance.
15. the law on the budget of the library and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to conclude the leasing (leasing) agreements. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance to the transactions that the documentation prepared by the library with the Ministry of health.
Vi. Library activities ensuring the rule of law 16. Library regulations established shall prepare an annual report on its activities and the use of financial resources.
17. Library and library officials to staff the actual action may be challenged, by submitting the submissions to the Director of the library.
18. The Library Director to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of health of the administrative procedure law. The Ministry of health decision may appeal to the Court.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Health Minister r. Muciņš Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 17 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia