Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/96790
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 94 in Riga 2004 November 16 (Mon. No 66 37) Government agencies "Paula stradiņa medical history museum" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article I. General questions 1. public agency "Paula stradiņa medical history museum" (further – the Agency) is subordinated to the Minister of health national authority.
2. the objective of the Agency is to collect, preserve, study, exhibit and promote tangible and intangible evidence that have historical, scientific, and Memorial significance, as well as related information on Latvian and world medical history in order to promote public education and development.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1 maintain, replenish and make Paula stradiņa medical history museum (Museum) stocks like National Museum part of the inventory, and to ensure its preservation;
3.2. ensuring the value of public access to the Museum;
3.3. to study the medical history;
3.4. to educate the public in the field of preventive medicine;
3.5. encourage public international communication and cooperation in health care;
3.6. provide informational support and consultations for legal and physical persons of the medical museums.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions, the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1 added, lists and keep the Museum's inventory, ensure its conservation, and preserve the troubleshooting, as well as the use of Museum inventory prescribed laws;
4.2. create and maintain a museum item information system;
4.3. development, equipment and constant exposure and exhibition;
4.4. public museum studies;
4.5. preparing the pedagogical programs, provides guided tours of the Centre, providing advice and lectures, as well as hosting the public measures;
4.6. organizes national and international projects and participating in them;
4.7. maintain and develop the Museum's operation required infrastructure;
4.8. make proposals for the development of legislation on matters related to the development of the Museum and the National Museum of the item.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from the State and municipal institutions for the functions of the Agency the necessary information;
5.2. the charge for public services provided by the Agency;
5.3. enter into agreements with State and municipal institutions, non-governmental organizations, natural and legal persons, as well as foreign institutions;
5.4. to publish informational materials and provide information to the media;
5.5. make purchases to replenish the inventory of the Museum.
6. the Agency shall carry out the functions under the management contract and the medium-term development strategy. Strategy after checking with museums, the Government confirms the Health Minister. Management contract with Agency Director switch Health Minister.
III. Agency governance and structure 7. The Agency shall be managed by the Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director of law by public agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions.
8. The Director recruiting and dismissal of the Health Minister.
9. the Director of the Agency can be alternates.
10. The Director of the Agency constitutes the Agency's internal organisational structure.
IV. Agency Advisory Council to promote the institution 11. cooperation and information services the Museum Area Agency on matters within the competence of the Minister of Health established the Advisory Board of the Agency (hereinafter referred to as the Board).
12. the Advisory Board shall operate in accordance with the regulations approved by the Minister of health.
13. The Board's main task is to provide the Minister of health and the Agency opinions and proposals on the Agency's medium-term development strategy and operational improvement.
14. numerical composition of the Board and Advisory Council personnel approved by the Minister of health.
15. meetings of the Board shall be entitled to participate in the Agency's Director or his authorized representative.
16. the work of the Council to ensure the Agency's facilities.
V. The Agency's assets and financial resources 17. The Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 17.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
17.2. own revenue (revenue from paid services rendered by the Agency and project competitions assigned funds);
17.3. donations, gifts and foreign financial assistance.
18. the law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and commitments. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance agency provisions of the transaction in question into line with the Health Ministry.
Vi. Activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 19. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director.
20. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of health. The Ministry of health decisions can be appealed in court.
21. the Agency shall submit annually to the Museum public administration review of the Agency's functions. Agency management contract and within the time limit set in the agenda of the Ministry of health submitted a report on the Agency's functions and the use of financial resources.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Health Minister r. Muciņš Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 24 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia