Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/97392
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 993 in 2004 30 November (pr. No 68 40. §) rules on the invalid document register in accordance with the issued identity documents article 16 of the law the second part and the maritime administration maritime safety law and article 27 of the fifth part i. General questions 1. detects an invalid document and not the completed form, be included in the invalid document register (hereinafter register), this document and the form of the accounting procedures, as well as the use of the registry.
2. the register is a national information system, which includes news on invalid Republic of Latvia and foreign identity documents, rights supporting documents and their forms (hereinafter document).
3. the register shall include the following documents: 3.1 Passport;
3.2. the identity card;
3.3. return certificate;
3.4. driver's license;
3.5. the seaman's book.
4. the register aims to provide the document, as well as the status of the document-legal fact (event) a single computerized records to limit the illegal use of the document.
5. Based on an event, document the register shall contain the following status: 5.1 invalid;
5.2. not specified;
6. the registry administrator and the holder is the Interior Ministry's information center (hereinafter referred to as the Centre).
7. On the reliability of the news, timely input to the registry and updates or News Center to provide input and updating the registry is responsible for the establishment or unit manager whose messages entered in the register and update or provide information to input in the Centre and updates (referred to as the authority).
8. the Centre shall be entitled to request and receive, free of charge from the authorities and users of the registry the registry requires information.
II. status of the document discovery 9. Document status "invalid" the registry determines if the event with document of the Republic of Latvia provides the holder, document storage, the responsible person or authority, as well as if the news of the event a foreign document to provide the relevant competent authority abroad. Status is determined on the basis of the following events: 9.1 document lost;
9.2. the document is not passed (but the law for the service of documents is expected to pass) in the following cases: 9.2.1. death of the holder;
9.2.2. holder's legal status;
9.3. changed the name of the holder and (or) name, the Republic of Latvia and the document is in the possession of the holder and not void the laws on the issue of the document specified in the order;
9.4. the document is reversed (except in the case where the law on the service in the cases of the holder, the person responsible for the storage or disposal of the notified body or has been destroyed);
9.5. the termination of the document (the document is found);
9.6. the document found in the original content changes (counterfeit).
10. Document status "not specified" the register shall, on the basis of these provisions 9.1., 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5 and 9.6. event, referred to in the following cases: 10.1 if details of the event to the document provided by the Republic of Latvia a person who is not the holder, or for possession of the document to the person responsible. In this case, the body immediately after news of the input shall take measures to identify the document status;
10.2. If the information supplied for the event with a foreign document is not approved by the competent authorities abroad. In this case the Center within three working days from the date of the message input provides information to identify the document status, such institutions: 10.2.1. to appropriate foreign diplomatic or consular representation in the Republic of Latvia;
10.2.2. the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which shall forward the information to the relevant competent authorities of the country where the foreign diplomatic or consular representation in the Republic of Latvia is not accredited.
11. Document status "valid" is determined on the basis of information provided by the authorities on the recognition of the document to be valid in the following cases: 11.1 if a document of the Republic of Latvia the issuing authority shall accept as valid, the previous status was "invalid" or "not specified";
11.2. If a competent authority abroad accept as valid the documents issued in a foreign country whose previous status was "invalid" or "not specified".
III. building registry 12. Registry content creation the following authorities: 12.1 national police;
12.2. the State border;
12.3. the citizenship and Immigration Department;
12.4. the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
12.5. the diplomatic and consular representations abroad;
12.6. the National Protocol;
12.7. The Naturalization Board;
12.8. the national joint stock company "Road Safety Directorate" (hereinafter referred to as the road safety Directorate);
12.9. the national joint stock company "Latvian maritime administration" seafarers ' register (hereinafter register of Seafarers);
12.10. the vital statistics office.
13. in paragraph 12 of these regulations the authorities immediately after the registration in the register held that rule 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21, paragraph news as well as the information included in the register of the following updated information: 13.1. National Police: news on the territory of the Republic of Latvia and abroad have registered for events;
the State border guard of 13.2 — news about events registered during the border control and monitoring of persons residing in the country as well as abroad registered events with foreign documents;
13.3. the citizenship and Immigration Board — news about events with documents of the Republic of Latvia;
13.4. the diplomatic and consular representations abroad, news on events with foreign documents and details of the registered events abroad with documents of the Republic of Latvia;
13.5. the National Protocol-news about events with non-residents of the Republic of Latvia of the identity card;
13.6. The Naturalization Board — News of the particular order of the Republic of Latvia passed no documents when document holders lost their Latvian citizenship;
8.5. the register of seafarers — news about events in the Republic of Latvia with Mariner books;
13.8. the vital statistics Office-news about the Republic of Latvia, the documents are not passed after the death of the holder.
14. the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs immediately following the message on the territory of the Republic of Latvia and abroad tracked events provide the Centre with this rule 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 of the report referred to input and updating the registry.
15. Road Traffic Safety Directorate, registering events with the Republic of Latvia, driving licences and driver of the vehicle in the national register, include this provision in question 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 of the report referred to automated online data transmission mode.
IV. to be included in the register the particulars in the register included 16 news Latvian language. Relevant foreign language transliteration of latīņalfabētisk the oriģinālform shall include the following: 16.1. foreign holder's name (name), surname and address of the foreign country;
16.2. the name of the person (s) and surname, which provides news on events (hereinafter referred to as a news provider) if the supplier is a foreigner.
17. the register shall include the following information on the holder: 17.1. name (name) and last name: 17.1.1. a document recorded in the population register includes the word (words) and last name;
17.1.2. the specified name (name), if the person is a foreign document holder;
17.2. ID code: 17.2.1. document recorded in the population register of persons included in the code;
17.2.2. foreign ID number (identifier);
17.3. date of birth;
17.5. home address: 17.5.1. in Latvia the registered address of the place of residence or, if the person does not have a registered place of residence addresses, residence address specified;
17.5.2. residence address abroad;
10.9. details on personal data exchange (Exchange date, previous and new data);
17.7. the news of the death.
18. The register shall include the following information about the document: 18.1. indication, if the document is not a completed form;
18.3. series and number;
18.4. the date of issue;
18.5. the issuing country;
18.6. the issuing authority;
11.6. the period of validity;
19. the register shall include the following information about the event: 19.1.;
19.2. the exact or approximate date of the event;
19.3. finding the date of the event;
19.4. event registration date;
19.5. the authority;
12.2. the institutions Department;
19.7. the document or set of documents, and a number that contains news about the event and whose present authority.
20. the register shall include the following information on authority: 20.1.;
20.3. the posts;
20.4 20.4.1. contact information: telephone number;
20.4.2. e-mail address.
21. the register shall include the following information about the message, not the holder of the document: 21.1. the word (words) and last name;
21.2. ID code: 21.2.1. the person in the population register code;
21.2.2. foreign ID number (identifier);
21.3. the date of birth.
22. If the supplier is a Latvian citizen, non-citizen or a person who has been granted refugee status to stateless persons, alternate or temporary protection, or is the holder of an alien who regulations on residence permits in the order received authorization to reside in the Republic of Latvia, the rules of 17.1.1., 17.2.1., 17.3., 17.4.,.,., 11.0 10.9 17.5.1., 21.1 and 184.108.40.206.1. the information referred to in the register of the population register shall be included in the information system of automated online data transmission mode.
23. where a document is to be included in the register: 23.1. The Republic of Latvia of issued identity document (except diplomatic passports, service passports and identity cards for non-residents), that rule 18.2 18.3, 18.4, 18.5, 18.6 and 18.7..., the information referred to in the register of the population register shall be included in the information system of automated online data transmission mode;
23.2. The Republic of Latvia of issued driving licences, this rule 18.2, 18.3, 18.4., 18.5, 18.6 and 18.7... the information referred to in the register of vehicles and their drivers include a national register of automated online data transmission mode.
V. register access levels and use of information 24. information contained in the registry, there are two access levels: first and second.
25. the first approach level corresponds to the following: 25.1. details of the document holder: 25.1.1. the word (words) and last name;
25.1.2. ID code;
25.1.3. date of birth;
25.1.4. details of death;
25.2. the particulars of the document: 25.2.1. indication, if the document is not a completed form;
25.2.3. series and number;
25.2.4. issuing country;
25.3. the details of the event: exact or approximate 25.3.1. the date of the event;
25.3.2. event registration date.
26. The second approach level corresponds to the first level of information access and the following additional information: 26.1. details of the document holder: 26.1.1. residence address;
26.1.3. details on personal data exchange (Exchange date, previous and new data);
26.2. the particulars of the document: 26.2.1. the date of issue;
26.2.2. issuing authority;
26.2.3. period of validity;
26.3. the details of the event: 26.3.1. event type;
26.3.2. date of event detection;
26.3.4. body unit;
26.3.5. the document or set of documents, and a number that contains the details of the event and which draws up the body;
26.4. the particulars of the authority;
26.5. details of the news provider, other than the holder.
27. Access to the second level of information is: 27.1. the national police;
27.2. the National Guard;
27.3. the security police;
27.4. the citizenship and Immigration Board;
27.5. Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
17.1. the Latvian diplomatic and consular representatives abroad;
17.2. the National Protocol;
17.3. The constitutional protection Office;
17.3. the public prosecutor's Office;
27.10. Corruption Prevention and combating Bureau;
27.11. The State revenue service;
27.12. The Registrar of companies;
27.13. The Naturalization Board;
27.14. The Parliament and the President's security service;
27.15. the military police;
27.16. the municipal police;
27.17. the register of Seafarers;
27.18. Road Traffic Safety Directorate;
27.19. the vital statistics office;
27.20. other national and local authorities, which control the operations regulations have certain rights to get acquainted with the nature of the information to fulfill the role.
28. the legal persons, other than those referred to in paragraph 27 of these rules, and natural persons upon the conclusion of a contract with the Center, the information contained in the register can be used for crime prevention, as well as the interests of holders of documents and their economic interests. These persons have access to only the first level of information.
29. Access to the information contained in the register shall grant the Centre's boss, on the basis of this provision in paragraph 27 of that authority a written application of the leader.
30. the competent authorities of Foreign registry information received in accordance with the international agreements concluded.
Vi. Information storage time limits 31. Information in the active registry database stores up to the expiry date of the document, but not less than 10 years. After the end of the period of storage information into the registry's archive database.
32. Information on assets unlimited documents registry database stored in 50 years. After the end of the period of storage information into the registry's archive database.
33. Information on invalid document forms in the active registry database stores up to the termination of the search.
34. Information about documents that the search is terminated immediately after the termination of the search inserts registry archive database.
35. Information on the documents that have been accepted for, immediately after the status "valid" discovery place records in the archive database.
36. If the document type or its modification is removed from circulation, information about such documents within 10 days after receipt of the data about the withdrawal document inserts a record in the archive database.
37. the register archive database stores information in 10 years. After the end of the period of storage of the archive information of the activities of regulatory laws in accordance with the procedure laid down in the national archive and delete from the register of the Directorate, drawing up the relevant legislation.
VII. Closing questions 38. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 4 February 2003, the provisions of no. 65 "regulations on the invalid document register" (Latvian journal, 2003, no. 21).
39. the diplomatic and consular representations in foreign countries, which do not provide the technical ability to carry out this provision set out in paragraph 13, immediately after receiving the news about the events with foreign documents and registered events abroad with documents of the Republic of Latvia provides these provisions concerned the Centre 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 of the report referred to input and updating the registry.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Interior Minister er ivry Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 4 December 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia