Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/99056
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 7 of 2005 in Riga in January (pr 4. No. 1 23) health promotion Charter issued to the national agency, in accordance with the law of public agencies 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Health Promotion Agency (hereinafter the Agency) under the supervision of the Ministry of health has an existing national institution.
2. the Agency's activities aimed at the promotion of public health.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1 support for Ministry of health promotion-public health policy, health promotion program to participate in the development and implementation of a methodical drive to national and regional level;
3.2. the systematic study and evaluate the population habits that affect their health;
3.3. to educate various groups in society about the factors that affect health and healthy lifestyles;
3.4. prepare proposals to the Ministry of health on health policy, prepare information and develop recommendations for national and municipal institutions, non-governmental organizations, other legal and natural persons in matters related to the promotion of health;
3.5. to give proposals to the Ministry of Health policy planning document drafting, implementation and coordination, according to the World Health Organization strategy, engage in international health promotion programs and research, as well as school and municipal projects, health promotion;
3.6. create and maintain a database of information about health promotion training programmes, health education opportunities and resources;
3.7. the laws and regulations of other specific functions.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions, the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1. participates in policy planning and legislation to develop projects in the field of health promotion, as well as coordinate the implementation of the policy planning documents in the field of health promotion in the County, city, district and national level: 4.1.1 methodically directs, organizes and coordinates the promotion of reproductive health;
4.1.2. the methodical drives, organized and coordinated by the breastfeeding promotion, protection and support;
4.1.3. methodically directs, organizes and coordinates the health promotion and psychoactive substance use and gambling addiction mitigation work;
4.1.4. participates in activities that contribute to the reduction of tobacco consumption;
4.1.5. methodically directs, organizes and coordinates the healthy eating;
4.2. develop health promotion programmes and measures for the evaluation of indicators;
4.3. organise and coordinate research in the field of health promotion, including the following studies: 4.3.1. habits that affect the health of the population;
4.3.2. the habits that affect the health of students;
4.3.3. the adult and student smoking;
4.4. in Latvia women's poll on breastfeeding experiences and attitudes to breastfeeding;
4.5. organise and coordinate survey on population nutrition;
4.6. the organized and coordinated by the World Health Organization's world health survey in Latvia;
4.7. appropriate competency involved in international health promotion programmes and studies, including the school and municipal projects;
4.8. the issue with health promotion and disease prevention related printed matter;
4.9. According to competency hosting conferences, seminars, exhibitions, sports and other activities;
4.10 according to competence, cooperate with State and local authorities, natural or legal persons and foreign and international institutions;
4.11. the various professional groups (for example, health workers, teachers, journalists) in-service training in the field of health promotion;
4.12. According to the legislation of the Republic of Latvia abroad in matters relating to the promotion of health.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. legislation in order to request and receive, free of charge from natural and legal persons to perform the tasks of the Agency the necessary data and information;
5.2. According to competence to cooperate with State and local authorities, non-governmental organizations, natural and legal persons, as well as foreign institutions;
5.3. the charge for the services provided;
5.4. implementation of other legal rights.
III. Agency structure and governance 6. Agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director of law by public agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director recruiting and dismissal of the Health Minister.
7. The Director of the Agency constitutes the Agency's organizational structure.
IV. Agency Advisory Board 8. To promote the cross-sectoral cooperation, the Minister of health shall establish the Agency's Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
9. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the regulations of the Board.
10. The Board's task is to promote the development of the Agency's strategy for effective implementation.
11. the work of the Council for technical support agency.
(V). the Agency's financial resources and assets 12. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 12.1. Government grants from the general revenue;
12.2. the same revenue, including revenue on public services provided by the Agency, as well as contests of projects granted funds;
12.3. foreign financial assistance;
12.4. donations and gifts.
13. The law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and commitments. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the Agency in line with the Health Ministry.
Vi. Activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 14. Agency staff's decision or actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director. Director of the Agency's decision on the contested decision of the employee or the actual action may appeal to the Court.
15. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of health. The Ministry of health decision may appeal to the Court.
16. the laws and regulations of the agency order draw up and submit to the current Ministry of health, and an annual report on its activities and the use of financial resources.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Health Minister g. Smith Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 8 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia