Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/99055
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 8 in Riga in 2005 (4 January. 1. § 24) National Agency "Infektoloģij Center" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Public Agency "Infektoloģij Center" (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is the Minister of health in the national monitoring authority.
2. the Agency's main aim is to ensure that government institutions and public information support and guidance for Health Ministry — and institutional support to the infektoloģij policy and implementation, to provide sufferers of communicable diseases (including rare and resurgent diseases, HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases, parasitic sufferers) highly qualified and high quality specialized outpatient and inpatient secondary and tertiary level medical assistance, as well as the specific infectious diseases prevention and research.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1 develop methodological recommendations infektoloģij and regulatory base for regulatory development;
3.2. to provide medical assistance to the patients of infectious diseases;
3.3. to provide the statutory epidemiologically dangerous infectious disease isolation and treatment of patients;
3.4. to perform a national reference center features Microbiology (including HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis) area to organize quality control laboratories in Latvia and take part in trans-national quality control measures;
3.5. centrally diagnose less common infection and the introduction of new, State-of-the-art technology in laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases;
3.6. to carry out specific prevention of communicable diseases and to train experts in this field;
3.7. store imūnbioloģisko preparations and split it family physician practices, and other medical institutions;
3.8. to manage and carry out theoretical and applied research in infektoloģij in national and international projects;
3.9. to provide clinical and laboratory base undergraduate and postgraduate training in diagnostic and laboratory infektoloģij.
4. the Agency shall have the following tasks: 4.1 provide infectious disease sufferers highly qualified and high-quality outpatient consultative and hospital secondary and tertiary level medical assistance, using modern diagnostic methods and effective antimicrobial therapy;
4.2. to ensure and maintain the statutory epidemiologically dangerous infectious disease patient isolation and treatment agencies specialized in using the staff individual and collective protection;
4.3. to improve infectious disease diagnostic and treatment technology: 4.3.1. introduction of new, modern infectious disease laboratory diagnostic methods, based on the infection-causing direct identification;
4.3.2. to focus the less common infectious disease diagnosis in a laboratory of the Agency, accredited national agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau";
4.3.3. extend the determination of antimicrobial resistance to antibiotics and to participate in relevant international projects;
4.3.4. improve existing infectious disease laboratory diagnostic algorithms and to expand the spectrum of Diagnostics;
4.3.5. strengthen viral hepatitis diagnostic reference laboratories function in a laboratory accredited by the Agency's national agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau";
4.3.6. to improve infectious disease diagnostic methods;
4.4. provide cures and preventive imūnbioloģisk for storage, preparation and distribution of medical institutions;
4.5. creating and developing national information and monitoring system on HIV, HBV, HCV, and other infections that spread with the blood, and to coordinate the activities of the system;
4.6. perform inspection and to provide advice and specific infektoloģij prevention matters;
4.7. conduct theoretical and applied research: 4.7.1. prepare projects and make a priority of Latvia's interests in scientific research with infektoloģij-related areas and to publish the results of research and international editions of Latvia;
4.7.2. manage national and international scientific development;
4.7.3. clinical trials and observations;
4.7.4. promoting scientific practical use infektoloģij recording developments;
4.7.5. participate in Latvia and other countries in the system of information exchange in the field of infektoloģij;
4.8. train medical persons, students, residents and other persons in the infektoloģij and in the laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases;
4.9. to develop and maintain trust functions of the phone psychological and social support and assistance in infectious diseases (mainly HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases) patients;
4.10. to cooperate with State and local authorities, non-governmental organizations, natural and legal persons and international institutions infektoloģij, ensuring the exchange of information and experience, training and the implementation of joint projects.
5. the agency according to the competence and concluded international treaties of the Republic of Latvia abroad and cooperating with international organizations on issues related to infectious disease prevention and control, as well as diagnosis and treatment.
6. the Agency shall have the following rights: 6.1. to request and receive, free of charge from the national regulatory authorities, as well as the laws and regulations in the order of natural and legal persons in the Agency's functions and tasks, the necessary information;
6.2. to publish information and promotional materials and to provide the media information on the competence of the Agency questions;
6.3. organize and manage seminars, conferences and congresses;
6.4. invite experts to carry out the Agency's operational tasks;
6.5. the survey and interview visitors and patients of the Agency;
6.6. the charge for public services provided.
III. Agency structure and administration 7. The Agency shall be managed by the Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director of law by public agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director recruiting and dismissal of the Health Minister. The Director of the Agency can be alternates.
8. the Agency shall have the right to build a territorial unit. The Department operates in accordance with the rules approved by the Agency's Director. Territorial departments of the agency headed by the head of department concerned.
IV. Agency Advisory Board 9. To promote cross-sectoral cooperation, the Minister of health shall establish the Agency's Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
10. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the regulations approved by the Minister of health.
11. The Board's task is to promote the development of the Agency's effective implementation of the strategy.
12. the work of the Council to ensure the Agency's facilities.
(V). the Agency's financial resources and assets 13. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 13.1. Government grants from the general revenue;
13.2. own revenue, including revenue on public services provided by the Agency;
13.3. donations donations;
13.4. foreign financial assistance.
14. With the permission of the Minister of finance to act on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order have the right to take loans and to assume the guarantees. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the Agency in line with the Health Ministry.
Vi. Activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 15. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director.
16. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action administrative regulatory process regulations may be appealed in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Ministry of health. The Ministry of health decision may appeal to the Court.
17. the Agency shall prepare and submit to the current Ministry of health, and an annual report on the activities of the Agency and the use of financial resources.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Health Minister g. Smith Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 8 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia