Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/99487
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 34 in Riga on 11 January 2005 (pr. 3. § 44) the State Agency of the European Union information agency "Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. public agency" European Union information agency "(hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is in the Prime Minister's supervision by a public authority. The Prime Minister is implemented by a national monitoring Office.
2. the agency created to provide the public with complete, accurate, timely and easily accessible information on the European Union and Latvia's participation in it.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1. informing the public about the European Union and membership of Latvia, as well as to coordinate public information;
3.2. tool to encourage public debate on Latvia's membership of the European Union.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1 develop proposals for public outreach strategy for the European Union and Latvia's participation in it, as well as coordinate the implementation of this strategy in public administration;
4.2. provides the public with information under the public information strategy of the European Union and Latvia's participation in it;
4.3. involvement of information intermediaries (for example, lecturers, teachers, representatives of the media, librarians) in informing the public about the European Union and Latvia's participation in it;
4.4. cooperate with institutions and organisations that provide information about the European Union and Latvia's participation in it (such as with the Parliament of the European Union information centre, European Commission representation in Latvia, the European Parliament information office in Latvia, non-governmental organizations, various information centres), as well as with the European institutions, public authorities and individuals;
4.5. organise public debates and other activities on the participation of Latvia in the European Union;
4.6. accumulate, codified, catalogs, and maintains a bibliograf printed matter, electronic publications and other documents on the European Union and Latvia's participation in it;
4.7. the development of information materials and prepare publications on topical European issues;
4.8. promote the spread of information in regions of Latvia in cooperation with the information centre of the European Union;
4.9. trained lecturers and other information intermediaries (e.g., teachers, representatives of the media, librarians) in the European Union;
4.10. the organized opinion polls and studies.
5. the Agency shall have the right to conclude contracts according to competence.
III. Agency governance 6. The work of the agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director of law by public agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director of the Agency can be alternates.
7. The Director recruiting and dismissal of the Director of the State Chancellery after coordination with the Prime Minister.
8. the Director of the State Chancellery and the Director of the Agency after coordination with the Prime Minister a switch management contract.
IV. Agency Advisory Board 9. To raise public awareness about the European Union and Latvia's participation in it, the Director of the State Chancellery shall establish an agency Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board). The Advisory Forum is an advisory agency of the law.
10. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the approved by the Director of the State Chancellery of Advisory Council Charter, which agreed with the Prime Minister.
11. the task of the Board is to assess the activities of the Agency and to make appropriate proposals to the Prime Minister, the Director of the State Chancellery and the Agency.
12. work of Technical Advisory Board, provided by the Agency.
V. Agency assets and financial resources 13. The Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 13.1. Government grants from the general revenue;
13.2. own revenue;
13.3. donations and gifts;
13.4. foreign financial assistance.
14. Legal relations with the private individuals the Agency shall be responsible for its current state in possession of the property.
Vi. Activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 15. Agency staff decisions and actual action administrative regulatory process regulations may be appealed in accordance with the procedure prescribed by submitting the application to the Director of the Agency.
16. The Director of the Agency's decisions and actual action administrative regulatory process regulations may be appealed in accordance with the procedure prescribed in the State Chancellery.
17. the Agency shall draw up a situation and an annual report on its activities and financial resources, and submit to the Prime Minister and the Director of the State Chancellery.
VII. final question 18. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 February 2005.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Justice Minister s. Āboltiņ Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by 1 February 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia