Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/99917
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 37 in Riga on 11 January 2005 (pr. 23. § 3) special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs Regulations Issued by the Secretariat in accordance with the law of public administration facilities 16. the first paragraph of article i. General question 1. Special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs Secretariat (hereinafter referred to as the Secretariat) has a special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs (hereinafter: the Minister) under the existing direct regulatory authority.
II. Secretariat functions, tasks and competences 2. The secretariat has the following functions: 2.1. organize and coordinate public policy development and implementation of electronic governance, information society and information technology;
2.2. promote and coordinate State and local development of electronic services;
2.3. other external regulations defined functions.
3. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions of the Secretariat shall undertake the following tasks: 3.1 develop a national policy for electronic governance, information society and information technology;
3.2. in accordance with the competency represent national interests in international organisations and European institutions;
3.3. developing law and other legislative acts of the electronic governance, information society and information technology;
3.4. the laws and regulations in the order collaborates with the other national regulatory authorities of a single national policy development and implementation of electronic governance, information society and information technology;
3.5. under the competence of other ministries shall give opinions on the policy developed by the planning document, the laws and international agreements;
3.6. information society and the National Council of electronic administration Coordination Council;
3.7. coordinated by the national Government and local government bodies for cooperation in developing electronic services;
3.8. organizes and coordinates the implementation of information technology in public administration, in order to ensure the modernisation of the public administration and effectiveness;
3.9. provides investment management, electronic information society and information technology;
3.10. prepares and regulations duly submit proposals for legislation and relevant policy planning documents for the implementation of the measures provided and the tasks of the Secretariat the necessary financing from the State budget;
3.11. European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funded project management;
3.12. organized by the European Union funds the implementation of projects financed by the public administration;
3.13. organizes and coordinates national policy development and implementation of a national information system in the field of development;
3.14. monitor the State of information systems projects (regardless of their source of funding) and organizes it expertise;
3.15. provide opinions on State budget requests for national information systems and development;
3.16. monitor the State of the security of information systems and technical requirements;
3.17. data collection and consumption of national information systems;
3.18. coordinate the development of the laws and European Union implementation of electronic governance, information society and information technology;
3.19. inform the public about the industry policy, consult with non-governmental organizations and to promote social dialogue on issues related to industry policy development and implementation, as well as representatives of the public involvement public administration issues;
3.20. the public order research application development, as well as to promote the effective use of research results in policy development of electronic governance, information society and information technology;
3.21. National behalf by private transactions that are required for the operation of the Secretariat;
3.22. the laws and carry out other tasks.
4. the Secretariat shall have the following rights: 4.1 to cooperate with other public administration authorities and institutions, non-governmental organizations, as well as with foreign and international institutions;
4.2. to participate in the international organization held events, to conclude international cooperation agreements, and coordinate international cooperation;
4.3. external laws and regulations established to request and receive, free of charge from the private law natural and legal persons of the secretariat tasks required for the implementation of the information and documents;
4.4. implementation of other legal or statutory rights.
III. structure of the Secretariat and executive competence 5. Parliamentary Secretary to make public administration facilities statutory tasks and functions.
6. the Secretariat Manager is a civil servant with the Secretary of State's rights.
7. the head of Secretariat: coordinating secretariat 7.1. officers and cooperation;
7.2. without express authorisation by the representative of the Secretariat;
7.3 according to the competence of the civil contract concluded;
7.4. the Secretariat provides the Government granted funds according to the law on State budget for the current year;
7.5. provide the Minister and the Parliamentary Secretary's orders and tasks;
7.6. provide to the Minister a report on the implementation of the plan of work of the Secretariat, the tasks and the State budget allocated to the efficient use of resources;
7.7. determining the Secretariat's internal audit system;
7.8. take other government facilities Act direct authorities functions, as well as other laws and specific functions.
8. the head of the Secretariat may be alternates. Deputy Head of the Secretariat are civil servants. Deputy Head of the Secretariat of the competence of the Secretariat.
9. in the absence of the head of the Secretariat, the Secretariat shall perform the duties of the head of his designated officer.
10. The secretariat shall consist of the Prime Minister's Office, departments, their divisions and stand-alone chapters.
11. the departments and independent department creates, reorganize and eliminate the head of the Secretariat. Department and an independent chapter of the tasks, functions and rights determined in the rules of procedure, the Secretariat, relevant departments and Department rules.
12. the composition of the Cabinet of Ministers, the Advisor and Assistant Press Secretary. Office staff shall be engaged by the Minister for the Minister's mandate. The Office of the Minister for the performance of functions provided for by the Minister is responsible.
13. the departments and independent sections according to the rules set out in the secretariat function for the distribution is subject to the Secretariat of the Manager or his Deputy.
14. the work of the Department is headed by the Director of the Department. The Director of the Department may be alternate.
15. The Department shall be headed by a head of Department.
IV. activities of the Secretariat in ensuring the rule of law and the reporting of the activities of the Secretariat rule 16 provides the Secretariat. The head of the Secretariat shall be responsible for the management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
17. the head of the Secretariat shall act on individuals by officials of the Secretariat of the contested administrative act issued or Government officials and employees, the actual action if external laws and regulations unless otherwise specified.
18. the Secretariat shall succeed the head of administrative provisions and the actual action of an individual may appeal to the Court.
19. the Secretariat not less than once a year, provide to the Minister reports on industry policy, Secretariat functions and the use of budget resources, as well as laws and regulations be prepared within a public annual report on the implementation of the sectoral policy.
20. The Minister shall have the right at any time to request a report on the implementation of electronic governance, information society and information technology, as well as on the functioning of the Secretariat.
Prime Minister a. Halloween special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs site: Defense Minister e. Repše Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by January 22, 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia