Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/100417
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 56 in Riga on 25 January 2005 (pr. 6. § 6) national standardization Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 13 of the equipment 1. National Standards Council (hereinafter Council) is a collegiate advisory body that coordinates the standardization process.
2. The Council shall have the following functions: 2.1 give the interested institutions advice and guidance in the field of standardisation;
2.2. to consider and submit to the national standardisation body proposals for the current year's standardisation programmes;
2.3. to recommend priorities in the development and adaptation of standards;
2.4. to follow the progress of standardisation programmes;
2.5. in cooperation with the institutions involved in standardization to promote fundraising for the implementation of the programme of standardisation;
2.6. to submit proposals for the development of the laws relating to standardization, and according to the competency to participate in the legislative review project;
2.7. to cooperate with standardization institutions in Latvia and abroad.
3. the Council shall have the following rights: 3.1. to request and receive, free of charge from State and local authorities the necessary information on the standardization process;
3.2. to invite professionals and experts to participate in the Board meetings in an advisory capacity to receive necessary information and opinions with the standardization of the sais clouded matters;
3.3. provide opinions on standardization issues, as well as to evaluate the publication media and messages related to the standardization process.
4. The President of the Council is authorized, Ministry of Economic Affairs. The Council is composed of the following State institutions, commercial companies and non-governmental organisations authorised representatives: 4.1. two representatives of the Ministry of the economy;
4.2. a representative of the Ministry of finance;
4.3. a representative of the Ministry of the Interior;
4.4. Special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs representative of the Secretariat;
4.5. the Ministry of education and science of the representative;
4.6. the representative of the Ministry of welfare;
4.7. a representative of the Ministry of transport;
4.8. the representative of the Ministry of the environment;
4.9. the representative of the Ministry of agriculture;
4.10 the meat producer and processor, a representative of the Association;
4.11. Building materials manufacturers Association representative;
4.12. The employers ' Confederation of Latvia's representative;
4.13. The Latvian Electrotechnical Commission representative;
4.14. The Latvian quality Association representative;
4.15. The Latvian National Accreditation Bureau representative;
4.16. limited liability company "Latvian standard ' representative;
4.17. the dairy farmers of the Central Union representative;
4.18. the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and industry spokesman;
4.19. a representative of the Academy of Sciences;
4.20. the engineering and metalworking industry business association representative;
4.21. Consumer Protection Club representative;
4.22. food company representative of the Federation;
4.23. The technical experts, the representative of the Association.
5. The President of the Council shall: 5.1. Approves the Council's internal rules;
5.2. approve the agenda of the Council;
5.3. convene and chair the meetings of the Council;
5.4. the signature of Council decisions, minutes of meetings and other documents.
6. the Council of members shall elect the Deputy Chairman of the Council. Council in the absence of the President, his duties shall be the Deputy Chairman of the Council.
7. The Council meets at least twice a year. Extraordinary meeting shall be convened at the request of the President of the Council or at least one third of the members of the Council.
8. the Council are valid if they participate in the hearing not less than half of the Board members.
9. the Council shall adopt decisions, an open vote, with a simple majority. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
10. the minutes of the Council, and Council decision shall be recorded in minutes. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
11. the functions of the Council Secretariat to ensure the Ministry of economics.
12. Be declared unenforceable for Min three cabinet 2 March 1999 the provisions of no. 76 "national standardization Council Charter" (Latvian journal, 1999, 64./65.nr.; 2003, 125. no).
Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister A.r. Kariņš Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 29 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia