Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/101399
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 105 in 2005 (8 February. No 8 21) amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers on 6 January 2004, the Regulation No 21 "State secrets," the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, the European Union and foreign institutions for the protection of classified information, "Issued in accordance with the law" on State secrets "the third subparagraph of article 6, article 7, the second, fourth and eighth, article 11 of the fourth subparagraph and the second subparagraph of article 15 to make the Cabinet on 6 January 2004, the Regulation No 21" national secret , The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the European Union and foreign institutions for the protection of classified information "(Latvian journal, 2004, nr. 17) the following amendments: 1. Delete the second sentence of paragraph 1.
2. To supplement the provisions under point 8.1 as follows: "the citizen of the Republic of Latvia to 8.1, which related to the work of the NATO or the European Union institutions need access to NATO or the European Union classified information before starting work personally submitted to the national security authority the relevant NATO or European Union institutions head signed an application for issuance of a certificate to that person, as well as the provision of the information referred to in paragraph 11 (inspection). The application shall specify the grounds for issue of the certificate, the term for which the certificate is to be issued, and the information is classified. "
3. Express 11.1. subparagraph by the following: "the complete manuscript 11.1 questionnaire (annex 2);".
4. Supplement with 11.1 points as follows: 11.1 "national safety authority within the inspection carried out interviews with people who claimed to have access to top secret national secret objects, European Union top secret classified information to NATO's formal, secret konfiden, and especially to sensitive classified information. With people who claimed to have access to sensitive and confidential State secret objects, secret and confidential information, discussions may be carried out if necessary to clarify the answers to the questionnaire questions referred or to be assessed during the inspection revealed important information. The pace of the discussions documented in writing or audio recording, or video recording. "
5. To express 17 as follows: ' 17. If it is found the law "on State secret" article 9 of the conditions referred to in the third subparagraph or it is established that a person knowingly itself supplied false information, the national security authority revoke the certificate and shall inform the head of the institution. "
6. Express section 18.4 as follows: "create departments of 18.4 or designated individual responsible for NATO and/or the European Union classified information circulation;".
7. Make the paragraph 22 and 23 by the following: "22. Information containing State secret, NATO and the European Union in bas classified information may be processed and stored in the electronic media. This information is processed and stored only to local computer networks or on a separate computer (information system) that is protected against unauthorised access. Room in which the information system is installed must meet the security requirements are rooms that keep state secrets, the objects of NATO and the European Union classified information. The information system must not be connected to public networks, including the internet. Prior to the commencement of work information system must be registered at the national security authority and obtain the certificate of accreditation for information systems compliance with security requirements.
23. the information systems, which are processed and stored in the national settlement in PUMA, NATO and the European Union classified information, may savstar care to connect if the national security establishment have received separate accreditation. National security authority determines the encryption system, which are allowed to use the State secrets in object, NATO and the European Union for the protection of classified information as well as perform all the cryptographic material, procurement and accounting admin a trācij. All cryptographic materials indicate the specialty label kryptos. Access to cryptographic materials can only be obtained after encryption, authorisation. "
8. Supplement with 23.1 points as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers issued 23.1 instructions establishing procedures for information system security checking, registration and accreditation, authorisation of encryption, cryptographic materials distribution, storage, and records, as well as the security requirements of information systems is to provide šināt of State secrets, NATO and the European Union classified information processing, storage, and transmission."
9. Express 24 as follows: "24. the functioning of the system of information which are processed and stored in the objects of State secret, NATO and the European Union classified information, shall be responsible to the head of the institution's written order (order) posted information about the jas system security manager. Information system service employees need the degree of special permit corresponding to the information system and processed accumulated State secrets secret. If the information in the system shall be handled and stored in NATO and the European Union, transmitting the secret conferences or classified information, information systems, operating in the countryside is running you will also need a certificate, which is about one degree higher than the security information system and processed in aggregate of NATO and the European Union to the security of classified information. If the information system is processed and stored in NATO and the European Union top secret classified information, information system service employees need a certificate attesting to their access rights to NATO and the European Union for the top secret classified information. "
10. Make a paragraph 29 by the following: "29. State secret object, NATO and the European Union classified information storage wallet code combinations, wallet and room key one copy along with information on safety reference number, location, and staff (name and position), which is responsible for the safe, stored in secret mode of departments or institutions in case of driver safety deposit box or envelope. To penāļ or envelope closure sites are responsible for the safety of the employee's seal (stamp) a fingerprint or signature. A timestamp or too covered with a transparent adhesive tape of the STU or other suitable packaging material. "
11. Add to paragraph 33 of the fifth sentence by the following: "relevant national security authority has the right to carry out inspections without warning on State secret the existence of institutions and object protection requirements."
12. Make 36 and 37 points as follows: "36. State secrets, the objects of NATO and the European Union classified information can be delivered to the recipient in Latvia institution messengers (confidential, secret and top secret national secret objects, NATO and the European Union confidential, secret and top secret classified information), the head of the institution seconded staff (confidential and secret objects of national secrecy, NATO and the European Union confidential classified information), or the national joint stock company" Latvijas Pasts "courier (for official konfiden secret and top secret national secret objects) by using the service of road transport, air transport or when carrying (forbidden to carry secret and top secret national secret objects, NATO and the European Union in secret and top secret classified information). The NATO or the European Union and the top secret of secret classified information to recipients in Latvia may be only national safety authorities approved for the messengers. State secret object, NATO or the European Union to convey classified information prohibits the use of public transport. State joint stock company "Latvijas Pasts" courier a State secret objects, recipients can be delivered by train.
37. the national secret objects, NATO and the European Union classified information to a foreign country and from foreign countries can be delivered by diplomatic mail (confidential and secret objects of national secrecy, NATO and the European Union are confidential and secret classified information), the institution of the messengers (confidential, secret and top secret national secret objects, NATO and the European Union confidential, secret and top secret classified information) and the head of the institution seconded staff (confidential and sensitive national secrets items NATO and the European Union confidential classified information) using service transport or air transport. Employee or courier requires a corresponding level of special permit and bringing NATO or European Union classified information, the certificate. The NATO or the European Union and the top secret of secret classified information to foreign countries and from abroad may be the only national security authorities approved for the messengers. The NATO or the European Union top secret classified information of the type and route of shipment to foreign countries and from abroad should be aligned with the national security agency. "
13. Delete paragraph 38, the words "non-profit organization".
14. the introductory part of paragraph 40 Deleted the words "and secret".
15. Supplement with 24.9 points as follows: "the head of the institution 24.9 can allow an employee to receive the finance institution, NATO or European Union secret classified information or to deliver the recipient, or to take a business trip (also abroad) for NATO or European Union secret classified information, if each time has previously received the national security authorities a written permission. When issuing the authorization, the national security authority shall assess the need to receive, deliver, or take a business trip to NATO or the European Union's secret classified information, possible threats, which may lead to its delivery, as well as the opportunity to ensure that rule 39.1 39.2 39.3.,., and 24.9. the requirements in point. "
16. Add to paragraph 45 of the second sentence as follows: "If the information in accordance with the list of objects comply with the State secret status of the object, but the loss or unlawful disclosure may harm national security, economic or political interests, information status is determined, under the freedom of information act."
17. Supplement with 56.1 points as follows: "from the private law 56.1 received classified information not state secret status is granted, if in accordance with the law" on State of mu "hidden article 2, the first part of it contains state secrets. The status of State secret information who granted private law is addressed, if there is a category of the special permit. The employee to receive the object shall be marked on a certain degree of security, use other special symbols, as well as inform the private law of the object assigned to the received State secret status. "
18. Amend paragraph 58, the words "(with the exception of NATO and the European Union classified information)".
19. Supplement with 58.1 points in the following wording: "References page and specify 58.1 sticker added to the NATO and the European Union classified information."
20. Delete paragraph 59 in the introductory part, the words ' State secret object ".
21. Replace the words "paragraph 59.1 object" with the words "hide the object state ma, NATO or European Union classified information".
22. To express 60 as follows: "The 60 color indication label glue to keep the information in the electronic media (such as floppy disks, CDs, CD-R), tables, maps, drawings and photographs. The indications on the label include: 60.1. State secret object, NATO or the European Union to the security of classified information;
60.2. the name of the institution;
60.3. the national secret object, NATO or European Union classified information, the registration number and date. "
23. To supplement the provisions of the following paragraph 60.1:60.1 State secrets "object pirmstekst the first page area on the right side indicates the State of the object the common secret gradings (" top secret "," secret "," confidential ") and copy number."
24. Make 62 the following: "62. In each country the secret object in the page top edge and bottom edge of the middle of the check shall be made the object of the current page to the security of information (" top secret "," secret "," confidential "). If a State secret object on the current page is not the information that contains state secrets, the top edge of the page and the bottom edge of the Middle made "NOT classified", "service" or the "limited availability". "
25. Make 63 the second sentence as follows: "the State secret of The declassified objects do NOT" classified "," service "or the" limited availability "."
26. Express 64 the second sentence by the following: "in such case the State secrets in the text of the object before these parts include the degree of secrecy of the information used to denote special abbreviated notation:" top secret ", (SS)," secret "," confidential "(S)", (K), but components of State secrets, which do not contain State secrets, (N), "service" (DV) or "limited availability" (IP). "
27. Supplement with 39.8 points as follows: "State secrets 64.1 object, NATO or European Union classified information cover sheet is not a State secret, NATO or European Union classified information, if it just indicates the State secret of the added object, NATO or European Union classified information."
28. To complement 65. point after the number, and the name "(annex 5)" with the words "and the relevant Latvian legend".
29. Make the following paragraph 69: "69. Nato and the European Union, the movement of classified information on the no tion occurs separately from the State secret object, and the clerk at the top but sort of Office or Sub Office of the checkpoint (sub-) — a special institution or to the institution of the Department or institution created by the head of the order (order) assigned employee, the clerk at the base or particular subsidiary body that organises and controls the NATO and European Union classified information and protection. Child register is directly exposed to the head of the institution. "
30. Replace paragraph 76 the name prefaced with the word "external" in the "internal".
31. Supplement 76.4. subparagraph after the word "object" with the words "NATO or European Union classified information".
32. Make 79. paragraph by the following: "79. Received national register of objects, NATO secret or classified information of the European Union to sign the relevant filing system referred to the addressee or to the head of the institution, its directions and tasks for execution can be determined in the resolution."
33. Delete paragraph 80, the word "Developer".
34. To complement the introductory part of paragraph 82, after the word "Union" with the word "confidential".
35. In expressing subparagraph following 82.1. "the State secrets 82.1. object, NATO or European Union holders of classified information, if it is carried out, ensuring the work or service interests, and copies of internal circulation within the institution. The head of the institution by approving the State secret, NATO and/or the European Union classified information protection measures in the body, determine the location and order in which holders made of confidential State secret object, NATO or European Union classified information. Made copies of the work are not recorded. Multipliers can put other reproductions made in the employee's possession after ensuring that you have the appropriate degree of special permit or certificate and the opportunity to provide copies of the relevant storage requirements; ".
36. To supplement the first sentence of paragraph 83 behind the word "Union" with the word "secret".
37. A supplement 84. the fourth sentence, after the word "prepared" with the words "top secret".
38. To supplement 85, second sentence, after the word "Union" with the word "security".
87. paragraph 39. Express the first sentence as follows: "Of confidential and secret government secret object, NATO or the European Union confidential and secret classified information received from other institutions, can make statements and include other secret objects, preserving the original state secret object, NATO or European Union security of classified information and assigning them registration numbers."
40. To supplement the rules with 87.1 points as follows: "87.1 foreign translations of classified information stores relevant originals in certain degree of secrecy and assign registration numbers."
41. in paragraph 92, the deleted the words "non-profit organization".
42. To supplement the 92, second sentence, after the word "Department" with the word "(sub-)".
43. Express 97 and 98 above. as follows: "97. By institution Manager's written order receipt on State secret object destruction by a team member who is responsible for the country's secret storage, registration and movement of the body. Top secret and sensitive State secrets for object destruction process involves a witness — the national security authorities. The destruction of the two officials in the Act with signatures certify destruction. The Act of destruction shall be drawn up in duplicate. Destroying the chapter register confidential State secret objects and copies, the Act of destruction is not drawn up, but will destroy the NASA process witness — the head of the institution or designated staff member. Unregistered copies made of confidential State secret objects, by institution work needs to destroy the document holder. This copy does not document the destruction.
98. by order of the head of the institution in writing of receipt of NATO and the European Union on the destruction of classified information by employees of the Sub, which is responsible for the appropriate NATO or European Union classified information, registration and movement of the body. NATO and the European Union in the secret and top secret classified information destruction process involves the national security authorities. NATO and the European Union are confidential and top secret destruction of classified information shall be drawn up in two copies of the acts of destruction. Destruction in the two sons of the Council with the signatures attest to the destruction. The destruction of one copy shall be sent to the national security authority, but the other remains in storage at the Sub. Destroying the NATO and the European Union registered a confidential classified information, the Act of destruction, but destruction shall be drawn up not participating institutions designate a Manager or employee. Work reproduced copies, if they are registered, the holder shall be destroyed. This copy does not document the destruction. "
44. Make 99. the second sentence as follows: "a confidential State secret objects, NATO or European Union confidential classified information using the system indicates NASA will destroy the grounds, the date and the person at the shared destruction (this entry, the person concerned shall be attested by the signature), but top secret and sensitive State secrets and secret objects or NATO or European Union top secret classified information — for destruction Act number and date."
45.110.109. and express the point as follows: "109. the investigative materials related to confidential and sensitive State secret object, NATO or European Union classified confidential and secret information disclosure or loss shall be kept for a period of five years, but the official investigation materials related to State secrets secret object, NATO or the European Union top secret classified information disclosure or loss, for 10 years.
110. The national security authorities shall promptly inform the Security Office of the NATO or the European Union's Security Office for NATO or European Union classified information unauthorized disclosure and investigation of service. "
46. To make 115. paragraph by the following: "to this rule 115 23.1 referred to Cabinet instrukc nary picking day, but not longer than until 1 July 2005 shall be valid for the national security institutions accept instructions."
47. Replace annex 2, paragraph 31, the words "alcoholism, drug addiction, toksikomānij" with the words "alcohol, narcotic, psychotropic or toxic substance addiction".
48. The deletion of annex 2, the following text: "the accuracy of the information supplied by the certified with your signature _____ _____ _____ _____ 20 _____ year _____. _____ ____ ____".
49. To supplement the annex behind the sentence "about the changes in the questionnaire data given in the calendar month will inform national security structure, which issued the access to national secrets" with text by the following: "certifying the accuracy of the information Provided with your signature _____ _____ _____ _____ 20 _____ year _____. _____ ____ ____".
50. Make 5 of annex 6. column name as follows: "information service".
51. Make of annex 5 paragraph 5 by the following: 52. Express 5. paragraph 19 of the annex by the following: 53. Deletion of Annex 8, the words "non-profit organization".
Prime Minister a. Halloween Defense Minister e. Morgan
Search Translated Laws of Latvia