Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/102561
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 147 in Riga on 22 February 2005 (pr. 10. § 28) nature protection management regulations Issued in accordance with the law of public administration facilities 16. the first paragraph of article i. General question 1. Nature Protection Administration under the authority of the Minister of the environment has an existing direct regulatory authority.
II. Nature conservation administrative functions, tasks and rights 2. Nature Protection Board has the following features: 2.1 coordinate parliamentary and cabinet created specially protected natural areas (protected area) management;
2.2. implementation of a national policy for the conservation of nature species and habitats;
2.3. to carry out the monitoring functions of the institution in accordance with the laws and regulations on international trade in endangered species of wild fauna and flora.
3. in order to ensure the performance of functions, management of nature protection performs the following tasks: 3.1. organized nature protection plans and restoration of protected areas, which is not in the Administration, as well as to promote the implementation of those plans;
3.2. provide proposals for new protected areas, protected areas categories or protection, as well as protected areas into the international networks of protected areas;
3.3. provide opinions on protected areas status merits of conventional;
3.4. organise the protection of species and habitats and reconstruction plans, as well as to promote the implementation of those plans;
3.5. organizes the rare and specially protected species, their habitats, as well as protected habitat for optimal maintenance and reconstruction measures, except for protected areas, which the Administration has been created;
3.6. issuing and withdrawing: UR3.6.1.at let the Latvian nature not typical wildlife introduction (introduction), as well as the suspended its activities;
UR3.6.2.at allows for the recovery of animal populations (reintroduction) in nature, as well as the suspended its activities;
UR3.6.3.at not allow wild game, wild animals as well as suspended its activities;
3.6.4. fishing authorization (license) to fish for specific purposes or scientific research purposes;
3.7. every two years, prepare a public report on particular individuals in the taking of protected species;
3.8. accumulate and collect information on the ongoing and necessary, nature protection measures in protected areas, with the exception of those protected areas, which was created by the Administration;
2.4. appropriate competency implement and monitor the implementation of international projects in the field of the protection of nature;
3.10. the laws and carry out other tasks.
4. the nature protection board have the following rights: 4.1 to request and receive, free of charge from national and municipal authorities the information necessary for the management of nature protection tasks;
4.2. in interact with individuals and State and local authorities in the field of the protection of nature;
4.3. According to competence to implement the cooperation between folksy nature protection area, to work in international organisations, to participate in international projects and programmes;
4.4. create tourism and environmental education infrastructure;
UR4.5.sl UDE private transactions that are required for the management of nature protection activity;
UR4.6.sa to take donations, donations and foreign financial assistance;
4.7. in accordance with the competency to provide information for the preparation and processing of the paid services.
III. management of nature protection organization of work 5. Nature Protection Administration headed by Managing Director of nature protection (hereinafter referred to as the Director). The Director shall be appointed and relieved of the post of Environment Minister.
6. The Director shall make the facilities of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions.
7. the Director shall establish environmental management internal organisational structure.
8. the Director shall be entitled to establish working groups and those of the Commission and to involve other direct administrative authorities and local proxies, as well as individuals.
IV. Nature protection activity of the administration of Justice and reporting 9. Nature protection activity of the administration of Justice provided by the Director. The Director is responsible for the management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
10. The Director may cancel a conservation management governance adopted by the decision of officials.
11. Directors and officers issued administrative acts or actual action can challenge the environmental monitoring national Office. Environmental monitoring national Office can appeal the decision in court.
12. Decision concerning nature protection officials of the administration of the legal status of the establishment, change or termination or decision which significantly restricts human rights officials, may be challenged by submitting the application to the Director, if other law does not provide otherwise. The Director's decision can be challenged in the Environment Ministry.
13. the management of nature conservation legislation established prepare a public annual report on the functions and tasks and the use of financial resources.
14. the nature protection authority at the request of the Ministry of the environment provides information on the use of financial resources and specific tasks.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Environment Ministers in place, traffic Minister a. shlesers Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force with 2 March 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia