Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/103601
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 174 in Riga, 8 March 2005 (pr. 13 § 3) in the state metrological Inspection Regulations Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. metrological inspection (hereinafter referred to as the Inspectorate) is the Minister of economy under the supervision of an existing direct regulatory authority.
2. inspection activities to implement the public administration system of the mentēt function in the field of metrology to provide regulated metrology laws and regulatory requirements and enforcement.
II. the role and tasks of the Inspectorate 3. Inspection carried out the law "on a uniformity of measurements" and other regulated metrology regulations governing certain functions.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the inspection function performs the following tasks: 4.1. controls and monitors market regulated sphere measuring products offered conform to the laws and requirements;
4.2. carry out the measurement of the use of public funds for the metrological supervision, duals;
4.3. in the case of the goods in metrological control;
4.4. According to prepare proposals for competency requires amendments to the laws relating to the state metrological control and supervision;
4.5. appropriate competence shall cooperate with foreign public administration institutions, international and non-governmental organizations, their representatives and experts;
4.6. providing natural and legal persons for information about laws and other regulatory acts governing the application of the field of metrology;
4.7. performs other tasks in accordance with the legislation.
III. rights and responsibilities of the Inspectorate 5. inspection officials according to competence, indicating the service card, have the right to: 5.1 without restrictions to attend the production, trade and service companies, as well as State and local authorities to carry out checks on sites that use, manufactured, marketed or measuring means;
5.2. to request and receive, free of charge from the State and municipal institutions, as well as external regulations in the order from the private law natural and legal persons the inspection tasks necessary information;
5.3. to draw up administrative measures, in accordance with the Latvian Code of administrative offences to issue warnings and to take decisions about legislation breaches regulated in the field of metrology, to call for the perpetrators to administrative liability and impose administrative penalties;
5.4. prepackaged goods based on the results of controls to prohibit bulk lot to realize the actual content does not comply with the regulatory requirements;
5.5. If necessary, inspection tasks call upon law protection authorities (e.g. police) officers.
6. inspection officials prohibited the disclosure of the legal and natural person business secrets which become known to them in the performance of their duties.
IV. Inspection body 7. the work of the Inspectorate organizes and conducts inspections for the boss.
8. The inspection chiefs after the approval of the nomination of the Cabinet of Ministers is appointed and released from the post of Economy Minister.
9. the Chief of the inspection carried out installations of Public Administration Act direct authorities managerial functions.
10. the Chief of Inspection inspection consists of the internal organisational structure. Inspection Chief is entitled to conclude contracts with experts, consultants and specialists on certain tasks.
V. inspection activity ensuring the rule of law and reporting 11. Inspection operations rule of law provide the inspection chiefs. Inspection Chief is responsible for the inspection of internal control and inspection system and operation.
12. the Chief of the Inspectorate has the right to withdraw or amend the inspection person Amat decisions and succeed in the internal regulations.
13. the Chief of the inspection shall take a decision on contested inspection officials issued the administrative act or the inspection officers or works a little actual action. The Chief of the inspection decision on contested inspection officials issued the administrative act or the officials or employees of the Inspectorate's actual action can be appealed in court.
14. Inspection once a year, provide to the Ministry of Economics report on inspection activities and functions, as well as a review of the State budget funds.
VI. final question 15. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 31 august 1998, the provisions of no. 331 "state metrological inspection rules" (Latvian journal, 1998, no. 19).
Prime Minister a. Halloween instead of Minister of Economics, Minister with special responsibility for public integration a. Latkovsk the Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 16 March 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia