Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/103963
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 158 in Riga in 2005 (1 March. 11. § 15) rules on vessels traffic in inland waters Issued in accordance with article 8 of the code of the sea the third part i. General questions 1. determines all vessels traffic arrangements of the Republic of Latvia in internal waters.
2. The terms used in the following terms: 2.1 ship these rules the holiday — the meaning of sport and recreation for the shipping agent that will be from 2.5 to 24 meters, which is not used for commercial purposes and who is not a professional crew, as well as the small craft;
2.2. the daylight time is the time from sunrise to sundown;
2.3. the 24-hour dark time: 24 hours from sunset to Sunrise;
2.4. internal waters, the owner or possessor — national or local government, as well as a legal or natural person owning a proper internal waters or lease;
2.5. the vessel — engineering device that constructively intended for use on the water;
2.6. the small vessel, boat, watercraft, as well as motor and cutter, with a length of less than 12 metres;
2.7. minimum speed: less speed, with which the vessel retains control in certain circumstances and condition;
2.8. insufficient visibility-time conditions (such as fog, rain, snow), which the visibility is restricted navigation zone;
2.9. ring of fire: the white light lamp that is placed so that its light visible 360 ° horizontal arc;
2.10. robežakvatorij — proper internal waters on which in accordance with the international treaties of the Republic of Latvia is set in the country;
2.11. topugun-White fire, placed the vessels in the Diametral plane (to centreline line) so that the light should be visible in a straight line to the front of the vessels up to 22.5 ° after each side and lit with dvars continuous light 225 ° large horizon circle;
2.12. accidents of water — the water traffic in the event that damaged at least one vessel died or suffered injury people, suffered damage to a third party or damage to the environment;
2.13. flashes of fire — the fire that uzzibsn with regular intervals or more 120 times per minute.
3. the provisions laid down in the internal waters, the owner or possessor, as well as the water traffic and safety regulations of the Republic of Latvia in internal waters and 3000 metre wide band of the coast (the base) line on the sea side of the Gulf of Riga and the Baltic Sea in the coastal part of the Republic of Latvia (hereinafter inland waters).
4. Komerckuģošan used in ship traffic in the ports of the Republic of Latvia, as well as the proper vessels traffic their draught, can only be safely with navigation signs and lights (for example, buoys, marker buoys shall, guidelines) designated for proper stages and channels, in accordance with the 1972 Convention on the international vessel collision prevention regulations and its amendments (COLREG-72), Between 1974 and International Convention for the safety of life at sea (SOLAS-74) and others of International Maritime Organization documents that is binding on the Republic of Latvia. In addition to the proper port followed by the port rules and regulations governing traffic on this port.
5. Each water user shall have the right to believe that also other water traffic participants will perform the requirements of these regulations.
6. the requirements of this Regulation shall not apply when shipping products that are labelled as well as equipped with either installed beacons and raised the national flag, when these vessels performing official duties and shall be provided at other water traffic safety.
7. Water traffic within its competence, monitor the police, the national environmental service and State border (port proper and robežakvatorij). Officials monitor water traffic, must be accompanied by a certificate of service, presented by shipping the driver's request.
8. Water traffic permitted: 8.1 damage, arbitrarily set or remove the navigation signs and lights;
8.2. contaminate or piegruž the internal waters;
8.3. without specific permission to use fishing and fishing tools.
9. Sports competitions and other public events, as well as the proper means of shipping traffic arrangements during these measures are aligned with the inner waters of the owner or possessor, but also with the national robežakvatorij, the border guards.
10. A derogation from the requirements of these regulations are permitted only in the water sports or non-governmental organizations held events (such as competition, public events), when organizers ensure water safety.
II. the use of recreational craft 11. Recreational vessel traffic takes place in accordance with these rules.
12. Entering the shipping, the driver checks the rest of technical condition of vessels and equipment, as well as: 12.1. motor position;
12.2. the housing situation;
12.3. rescue tools and equipment;
12.4. navigation lights;
7.8. steering equipment.
13. Holiday ship while on the move, Manager provides monitoring (Visual, as well as by all means), to assess the situation constantly and avoid confrontation. If there is doubt about the collision, then believe that they exist.
14. the Rest of the ship is moving, if it is not docked, anchored or aground.
15. the vessel must not interfere with the traffic, which can ship their draught only with navigation signs and lights (for example, buoys, marker buoys shall, guidelines) designated for proper stages and channels. If the vessel is forced to use the following path or channel, it's as near as possible to the right (direction of travel) to the party to completely clear the way for vessels that can navigate only through the proper stage. Vessels whose draught of the vessel can only take proper steps and marked channels, has priority in relation to other vessels.
16. Recreational vessel can cross the fairway or channel is not disrupted ship traffic, possible at right angles to the fairway axis in line or channel when in passing to the rear of the vessel.
17. gear must not be put in the fairway.
18. If vessel equipped with motor, lands in water or near the designated bathing in the shipping area shall be allowed with the engine (pulling) or move with the minimum speed and maximum caution (if technically it can not be moved with the engine off), without endangering swimmers. Bathing in or near the vessel may stand only with the engine off.
19. Shipping Agent, subject to the provisions of paragraph 18 and lands in the water for this purpose specially equipped places (for example, from the bathing areas demarcated corridors to exit the shipping area) can be moved with the engine after its launching, under the safe speed in accordance with the requirements of this regulation.
20. Recreational craft shall be equipped with safety equipment in accordance with the requirements of this Regulation (annex 1).
21. the vessels hull, machinery and equipment, to ensure the maritime, human and environmental security. Watercraft is equipped with automatic engine stop device (if the structure it provides), which stops the motor when the vessel left without control.
22. the driver is responsible for passenger safety.
23. the driver shall ensure that passengers under 12 years of time is carried in a matching size life jacket.
24. the move with, sailed with watercraft vējdēl, dealing with water skiing or similar water sports, a person must be dressed to rescue vest that provides personal buoyancy.
25. If a vessel leased to the lessee, the lessor provides a briefing on the safe use of navigation and safety equipment. Transfer of the vessel to use proper, the lessor with lessees introduce traffic procedures proper and its characteristics (such as eddy currents, not designated as bathing locations).
26. The driver is prohibited: 26.1. using a shipping product, not technical or is not equipped with the necessary equipment and rescue;
26.2. using the navigation feature required to register if its purpose is not specified in the spaces of the national registration number of the mark;
26.3. exceed the carrying capacity of vessels or the allowed number of persons carried;
16.4. to exceed the allowed shipping speed according to the speed limit signs;
16.5. to drive the vessel at a speed exceeding 5 km/h, less than 30 meters from swimmers;
16.5. to use the vessel where it is prohibited by the internal waters, the owner or the possessor, as well as certain designated municipalities, and the proper and prohibited bathing;
16.6. to maneuver and stop passing or stationary vessels, floating cranes Bagger and nearby, as well as between them;
26.8. anchor the ship, as well as to moor or stand at the navigation marks and the passenger or cargo docks, where they are intended for recreational vessels;
26.9. drive a vessel or teach to drive the vessel: 26.9.1. If the concentration of alcohol in the blood exceeds 0.5 per mille;
26.9.2. While in the illicit manufacture of narcotic drugs, psychotropic, toxic or other intoxicating substance or reaction speed and attention to reducing medication effect;
26.9.3. for sick or exhausted to the extent that it can affect driving ability and water traffic safety;
26.10. use spirits, narcotic drugs or other intoxicating substances in water traffic accidents, as well as after the vessel stopped by the rules referred to in paragraph 27 of the official request until the alcoholic beverages, drugs, or other intoxicating substances impact test or an exemption from such checks. The Manager may refuse from the checks referred to in this paragraph.
27. If you suspect that the rules referred to in paragraph 26 of the non-compliance, the national police and the national armed forces naval Coast Guard officials, as well as the national border guard official (robežakvatorij and the harbour proper) can stop recreational vessel inspection, as well as check: 27.1. the document certifying the registration of the vessels, the vessel must be registered;
27.2. the shipping feature an appropriate driver's license if one is required.
28. If irregularities are found, the rule referred to in paragraph 27 am you can impeach the head from the rest of the Board further driving and, if no other person on board who can drive the rest of the ship, to take this holiday craft near recreational craft intended berth.
29. National environmental officers are entitled to stop shipping feature to control water retrievals of biological resources. If State environmental officers has suspicions about this rule referred to in paragraph 26 of the non-compliance, it shall immediately notify the police or the National Guard.
30. If it is found that the vessel or its engine located in the search, or you have reason to believe that the vessels identification number, engine number, or the documents submitted are fake, the officer in accordance with the laws and regulations monitor the water traffic, register the vessels or their technical state about this fact immediately inform the national police. National Police after the necessary inspection shall take a decision on further action.
31. Recreational craft technical inspection is required.
32. the recreational vessel traffic in the robežakvatorij permitted only during daylight hours, informing the national advance guard. Moving to the robežakvatorij, the driver and passenger must be present in the identity document produced by the State border guard officials.
III. speed 33. Safe recreational vessel choose the speed, so that it can promptly take effective measures to ensure safe navigation, and could stop at a safe distance, avoiding confrontation.
34. choosing a safe speed in addition to take account of the following conditions: 34.1. visibility;
21.3. the proper density of movement;
21.3. maneuverability, especially the distance required for a complete suspension of shipping;
21.4. lighting the background dark time of day from the shore lights and from the navigation lights of the light scattering;
34.5. wind, sea and current situation and the proximity of dangerous place for navigation;
21.5. the ratio between the vessels and the surrounding depths;
21.6. installed navigation signs and lights, as well as the relevant provisions of the port;
21.6. or vessels speed does not cause the accompanying wave that promote scouring of the coast.
35. If a shipping feature uses radar, it, choosing a safe speed in addition to take account of the following conditions: 21.8. radar equipment and efficiency;
35.2. any restrictions which determines the distance scale of the radar equipment;
35.3. water conditions, meteorological factors, as well as other interference effect on radar equipment;
35.4. the radar may not reveal or recreational vessels, ice and other small floating objects;
22.1. the radar open shipping amount, location and movement.
IV. Prevention of Collisions 36. The provisions of this chapter apply only to leisure traffic.
37. If the rest of the ship with the engine on the opposite or nearly opposite the course approaching the other vessel, the rest of the ship changes course to the right, so they could walk right past each other with the left side at a safe distance.
38. The provision in paragraph 37 this situation be regarded as existing if the rest of the ship see the other ships directly to the course or the course, in addition to almost 24-hour dark days, it can be seen in the other Board topugun on one line, or almost in line and (or) the two side lights, but during daylight hours – the second ship the appropriate shot.
39. If two recreational vessels with engine go through courses that intersect that collision occurs, the rest of the ship, from which the right is in the other ship, give it a rest and does not cross the path of other recreational craft courses along its front end.
40. when the two yachts approaching that of collision occurs, they comply with the following principles: 24.9. when the yachts go with different tack, giving it a road that goes left tack;
40.2. If the yachts go the same path gives it tack located upwind;
40.3. yachts that go to the left and see the tack upwind the second yacht, but could not pinpoint whether it goes to the left or right tack, giving way to the second yacht.
41. On the wind side believes under the other side of the party, but with straight sailing yacht, sailing to the most inclined to the opposite side.
42. a sail yacht set sail without a motor, is the preferred way in relation to the vessels with the engine.
43. the vessel Apdzenam promote overtaking, keeping their course and, if necessary, reduce the speed. Apdzenoš the vessel kept a safe distance from other vessels and taken it on the road: 43.1. — apdzenam in vessels only along the left side;
43.2. outside the shipping lane, the long apdzenam vessels in the right or left side.
44. the shipping Apdzenoš shipping is a feature that is approaching another shipping feature in such a direction that is more than 22.5 ° behind it, i.e. If apdzenoš dvars the vessel relative to the apdzenam is in such a position that the 24-hour dark apdzenoš the vessel can only see apdzenam vessels in the aft fire and unable to see any of the side lights.
45. Vessels are changed or overtaking manoeuvre can be confirmed using the manoeuvring sound signals according to COLREG-72.
46. The possible collision detection in shipping each feature uses all available means appropriate in the circumstances. If there is doubt about the collision, then believe that they exist.
47. Any course and speed changes that are made to avoid confrontation, must be large enough (conditions permitting) to the other vessels would be easy to spot visually or by radar. Avoid multiple small courses and (or) the speed changes that follow each other.
48. in order to avoid a collision with another vessel, an act that provides for the mutual funds izmainīšano shipping at a safe distance. The effectiveness of this action the driver controls until the other vessel has passed completely.
49. The most effective action to prevent dangerous approach, is change the course, unless done in time is sufficient and does not cause excessive approach for other vessels.
50. If you need more time to assess the situation, to avoid collisions, vessels reduce speed or driver stops until it is cleared or not mutually agreed conditions.
51. If a vessel approaching a proper part of the shipping area is limited by the edge of the channel, coast, Bagger, for stationary vessels, docks, ferry or employed divers of the vessels, it reduces speed (if necessary, to the minimum speed), to avoid creating hazardous conditions.
52. The narrow proper (e.g., canals), which vessels are difficult to change, the vessel kept as near as possible to a good party.
V. shipping low bridges and near 53. Passage under bridges for vessels used for this purpose in the bridge.
54. If only one intended for the passage of the bridge and columns while approaching two vessels, one second can cause interference, they respect the following rules: 54.1. coming from opposite directions, the first under the bridge to pass a vessel travelling upstream;
54.2. driving in one direction, the first under the bridge exit navigation feature to the right.
55. The vessels banned to stop and stand under bridges or canals, if it interferes with the movement of other vessels.
56. The distance between the vessels and the highest point of the bridge design must be such as to ensure safe passage.
Vi. the rest of the ship, signs and signals
57. Recreational craft lights turn on 24-hour dark days, and not by piet with visibility. Signālfigūr's post during daylight hours.
58. to recreational vessel for distress and need of assistance, the driver uses at least one of the following emergency signals: 58.1. continuous sound signal or a continuous call by call or other metal object;
58.2. rectangular flag mast and placed above or below the bumbveidīg object;
58.3. Red signālraķet;
58.4. smoke signals: the Orange smoke signālraķet;
58.5. sideways stretch the arm lifting and lowering (movements should be slow and repetitive);
58.6. ultraīsviļņ (VHF) radio call 16.70. international or channel.
59. Recreational craft with engine (depending on length) during the post Board and stern lights. The side light can be combined in one lantern (combo lamp).
60. Recreational craft (even if it pulls) posted up there or the doughnut fire ready electric lamp or lighted lamp with a white fire that pretend time, approaching the other vessels to avoid collision.
61. Recreational craft (other than rowing boats and watercraft), as well as recreational craft towing another vessel is equipped with navigation signs and signals according to COLREG-72, if its design provides the navigation and signal Setup.
62. during the post Board of yacht lights and stern lights.
63. The yacht, which is less than 20 metres in length, that rule 62, paragraph light can be combined in one lantern. Lamp post at the top of the mast or mast near the top right of the site.
64. in addition to the course the yacht that rule 62 lights in a suit over the top or close to the prominent place can post two vertical line in circle of fire (the top should be red, but the bottom-green). Ring of fire must not be placed together with the provisions referred to in paragraph 63 of the combined lamp.
65. The yacht, which is less than 7 metres in length, this rule 62. post or referred to in paragraph 63, where practicable. If the driver lights displayed, he kept ready electric lamp or lighted lantern with white fire, by post time, approaching the other vessels to avoid collision.
66. The yacht with sails and motor its bow clearly visible during daylight hours set up a black sign with top taper down, but the dark time of day — the same fire as the rest of the engine to the ship (paragraph 59).
67. The rest of the ship is at anchor where you can sail by other vessels, pretending to be one circle fire.
68. Recreational craft that is lost (for example, damaged the engine, steering, damaged corrupted dzeniekārt) in relation to water and other maritime features, advance warning them about their position: 68.1. during daylight hours — with a circular motion over the head, the hand holding the prominent subjects;
68.2. dark time of day — with a circular motion over the head, the hand holding the White fire.
69. in addition to the provisions referred to in paragraph 68 of the conditions while Morrow's signal may be given by continuous sounds using any object (such as a bell or other metal object), which provide a clear audible sounds, as well as any other COLREG-72 at certain danger signals.
70. the vessels Rest longer than 7 meters, fitted with an audible warning device (such as a whistle), which provides a short (approximately one second) and long (4 to 6 seconds) sounds that you hear, not less than 1000 meters away.
71. insufficient visibility can make such sounds: 71.1. over the course of one long beep, with the two-minute interval.
71.2. standing: two long tones, with a two minute interval.
72. Recreational craft can confirm your maneuvers with such sound signals: 72.1. one short tone — "I change my course to the right";
72.2. two beeps — "I change my course left";
72.3. three short signals — "my engine works backwards";
72.4. five short signals with small intervals, the "warning".
VII. Action of water traffic accident 73. If you happened to water traffic accidents, the manager shall inform the State police and later acting on its instructions, or call to a single emergency phone (112).
74. The case of the water traffic accident in which a person suffered physical injury, the driver: 74.1. providing first aid to the victim;
74.2. delivered the victim to shore;
46.2. call an ambulance or take the person to the nearest medical institution.
75. each water user is obliged to do everything possible to provide first aid for aquatic traffic accident victims.
VIII. The driver's qualification to drive motor, 76. boats and watercraft are allowed persons with the appropriate shipping driving rights. Shipping driving rights attest to the relevant entry in the register of drivers and driver's licence.
77. The provisions referred to in paragraph 76 shipping driving the right person can gain by reaching this age: 77.1.14 years to run a watercraft;
77.2.14 years to guide the boat;
77.3.14 years to run the yacht;
77.4.16 years to control the boat.
78. the boat to drive without adult's presence allowed persons who reached the age of 12.
79. To teach to drive the shipping feature may be the person to whom the minor is driving the navigation rights.
80. The shipping driver attestation shall be issued to the person has been found to medical pretindikācij who has passed the exam according to the type of vessels. Small vessels of driving licences issued to road traffic safety Directorate (CSDD), other vessels of driving licences issued by the Latvian maritime administration.
81. The training sailing ship with rest going places where there is no water traffic and intense that it does not interfere with the common water traffic.
82. To train to drive the watercraft may also, a diversity in the coast, where the trainee is safe reach of distance.
IX. The navigation signs, lights and the installation of the navigation marks and 83. lights must comply with the standards set out in these rules (annex 2). May also be installed on other navigation signs and lights, if they comply with the European code inland waters (CEVN in code) standard.
84. Mark Shields recommended by luminescent color color.
85. Mark size, selected to ensure its visibility around the sign area.
86. the lights that are used in addition to those laid down in these rules, appropriate signs placed on the shield, or just above it.
87. The internal waters, the owner or the possessor: 87.1. inland waters shall be fitted with the necessary proper navigation signs and lights, matching their location, number and type of the Latvian maritime administration;
87.2. provides bridge-flashing boxes 24-hour dark days, when in the immediate vicinity of the bridge going vessels traffic;
101.8. ensure proper placement of warning signs, in the use of appropriate types of vessels;
87.4. ensure that navigation signs and lights constantly maintain the appropriate technical condition;
87.5. publish in a newspaper "between Latvia and the largest administrative area in the press information about proper, which prohibited recreational vessels and other motorised vessels traffic, as well as bathing.
88. the engineering structures of the fitting with the navigation signs and lights provide the structure owner or possessor.
X. closing issues 89. Small vessels, yachts and motor yachts, driving licences which have been issued up to the date of entry into force of the provisions are valid watercraft launch and cutter and directing to the period specified therein, but not longer than until 1 January 2006.
90. Persons without the appropriate shipping driving privileges until the 2005 October 1 allowed to drive small vessel and watercraft without a driver's license, provided that you comply with the requirements of this regulation.
91. Small vessels licences for road traffic safety Directorate (CSDD) of starting to issue no later than September 1, 2005.
92. This provision of the type referred to in paragraph 87 of the executable to 2006 April 1.
93. This provision 26.9.1. in point allowable blood alcohol concentration refers to the boat, watercraft, motor boat and yacht management.
Prime Minister a. Halloween traffic Minister a. shlesers Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 19 March 2005.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of March 1, 2005, regulations No 158 table 1 equipment no PO box
The name of the Mayor in one equipment ba boat Motor boat launch 1. Rescue funds 1.1.
Life vest with PIA in 1.1.1.
If the length of the vessels is less than 7 m PCs.
1 1 1 1.1.2.
If the length of the vessels is 7 m or more PCs.
1 2 2 1.2.
Rescue vest pieces.
**** 2. Fire-fighting equipment 2.1.
Carbon dioxide or powder fire extinguisher 2.1.1.
If the length of the vessels is less than 7 m
If the length of the vessels is 7 m or more PCs.
-1 2 3. Navigation equipment 3.1.
-1 4. Bilge features 4.1.
Bilžūdeņ pump PCs.
Bucket, scoop or hand pump PCs.
1 1 1 5. Other equipment 5.1.
Anchor with chain or rope (see table 2) PCs.
-1 1 5.2.
First aid kit 5.2.1.
If the length of the vessels is less than 7 m PCs.
If the length of the vessels is 7 m or more PCs.
-1 1 5.3.
Waterproof electric torch (insufficient visibility or 24-hour dark time) PCs.
1 1 1 5.4.
Rigging knife pieces.
-1 1 5.5.
1. number of lifejacket boat and speedboat people comply with the respective vessel.
2. the number of boat life jacket meets a number of people in a given boat.
table 2 recommended anchor rules no PO box
Vessels of length (m) anchor the minimum mass (kg) Enkurķēd or rope minimum diameter (mm) Enkurķēd or ropes of minimum length (m) of chain wire 1.
3 5-12 20 2.
4 6-12 20 3.
5 7-12 20 4.
6 8-12 20 5.
7 9-12 20 6.
-8 10 12 20 7.
10 10-12 30 8.
-12 30 9 11 10.
12 10-14 30 10.
13 12-14 40 11.
14 15-14 40 12.
15 18 8 16 40 13.
16 20 8 16 40 14.
17 22 8 16 40 15.
18 25 8 16 40 16.
19 25 8 16 40 17.
20 28 8 16 40 18.
21 30 10 18 40 19.
22 33 10 18 40 20.
23 35 12 20 40 21.
24 35 12 20 40 notes.
1. Enkurķēd diameter is measured by the diameter of the chain.
2. Wire diameter given a nylon rope. If you use the other wire, its strength must be not less than the diameter of the nylon rope.
Traffic Minister a. shlesers
Search Translated Laws of Latvia