The Order In Which The Decision Is Taken On The Battlefield Operations Against Aircraft On The Territory Of The Republic Of Latvia
Original Language Title: Kārtība, kādā tiek pieņemts lēmums par kaujas darbību veikšanu pret gaisa kuģi Latvijas Republikas teritorijā
Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/107348
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 300 in Riga on May 3, 2005 (pr. No. 25) order in which a decision is taken on the battlefield operations against aircraft on the territory of the Republic of Latvia Issued in accordance with the law "on the air" in the third paragraph of article 49.1 1. determines the order in which the decision is taken on the battlefield operations against aircraft on the territory of the Republic of Latvia.
2. Air Force air operations center decide on the Centre of the departure of aircraft, to carry out a suspected aircraft Visual identification and, if necessary, after Defence Minister orders to launch the battle against aircraft operation, if there is any of the following circumstances: 2.1.ir received credible information that the aircraft can be used as a weapon;
2.2. the aircraft has installed code A7500 (hijacking an aircraft) A7600 (radio problems) or A7700 (emergency), or is not installed in the Latvian air traffic controller assigned to the code;
2.3. the aircraft is arbitrarily departed from the flight plan of a specific route or path;
2.4. the crew of the aircraft does not comply with the air traffic controller's instructions;
2.5. There are significant deviations from the given aircraft type, flight parameters laid down;
2.6. found radio break with the aircraft;
2.7. unauthorized secondary radar code change or another identifi cation of the targeted parameters;
2.8. air crew uses the non-standard phraseology or exhibits other concealed attempt to pay attention;
2.9. aircraft transmitter constantly on transmitting mode;
2.10.no the aircraft transmitted information that does not relate to the control of the aircraft;
2.11. found that the air space of the Republic of Latvia in the fly does not find the object, which can be identified only visually.
3. If the provision referred to in paragraph 2, the conditions, the air force air operations center on the situation immediately notify the Civil Aviation Administration, the national joint stock company "Latvian air traffic", the constitutional protection Bureau, the military intelligence and security service, the State police, the State security police, fire and rescue services, the National Guard, as well as disaster medical center and the Department of Foreign Affairs.
4. The rules referred to in paragraph 3 above, the institution developed and coordinated with the Ministry of defence cooperation plans immediately launched necessary steps need to resolve the situation.
5. At the same time with this provision in paragraph 3 and 4 the following air force air operations center: 5.1 establish communication with the Defence Minister and Prime Minister, as well as regular reports on their actual situation;
5.2. informed about the situation in the Air Force Commander and Commander of the national armed forces;
5.3. for more information contact the national security authorities of the request;
5.4. where necessary, ensure direct communication with the Visual identification of the aircraft pilot.
6. If the suspected pilot of the aircraft not under air force air operations center or Visual identification sent aircraft pilot's instructions, Defense Minister decides the suspect aircraft interception and forced settlement. If the Defense Minister is delayed to discharge his Office, the Prime Minister shall decide on the suspect aircraft interception and forced settlement.
7. If the suspect aircraft not subject to interception or forced settlement, the Minister shall decide on the warning shot. If the Defense Minister is delayed to discharge his Office, the Prime Minister shall decide on the warning shot.
8. If after the warning shots of the aircraft not under air force air operations center instructions and forced settlement of interception, extreme necessity, if there is reason to believe that the suspect aircraft is used as a weapon of destruction of people, Defense Minister decides the battle action (or not) against the aircraft on the territory of the Republic of Latvia. If the Defense Minister is delayed to discharge his Office, the Prime Minister decides the battle action (or not) against the aircraft on the territory of the Republic of Latvia.
9. After the battle actions against aircraft on the territory of the Republic of Latvia Cabinet of Ministers about this provision in paragraph 8 of decision informed the international civil aviation organization and the Council of the United Nations Security Council.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Defense Minister e. Repše Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 6 May 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia