Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/108614
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 342 in Riga, 17 May 2005 (pr. No 30 29) waste management permit, renewal, and cancellation procedures review Issued under the waste management Act, 11 the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. determines the waste management licences (hereinafter referred to as the authorisation), extension of service, review and cancellation procedures, permits sliding, as well as refuse collection, handling, sorting, storage and transport authorization form sample.
2. Waste collection, handling, sorting or storage permit shall not require a person, if it is (A) or (B) pollutant categories authorized, setting out waste collection, handling, sorting and storage conditions.
II. the application for authorisation 3. Permissions applicant (the person who made or want to make waste collection, sorting, handling, storage or transport) before the start of operations or the expiry date of the authorisation submitted to regional environmental management is one of the following: 3.1 application for waste collection, handling, sorting and storage of authorisation (annex 1);
3.2. application of the waste shipment authorisation (annex 2).
4. for waste collection, handling, sorting or storage permit, the applicant for the permit application shall be accompanied by the relevant information: 4.1. details on waste collection: 4.1.1. number of containers located;
4.1.2. the type of container;
4.1.3. frequency of emptying of containers;
4.1.4. the deployment of containers;
4.1.5. the waste collection system and a brief description, if not used containers;
4.1.6 waste collection specialist vehicles to be used in the list;
4.2. details of waste handling: 4.2.1 waste transshipment facilities;
4.2.2. waste handling site addresses;
4.2.3. garbage handling site plan (sketch design);
4.2.4. waste handling technique used (indicate for each transhipment place);
4.2.5. transhipping waste quantities (cubic metres or tonnes) year (indicate for each transhipment place);
4.3. details on waste sorting: 4.3.1. waste sorting sites;
4.3.2. the sorting of waste site addresses;
4.3.3. waste sorting techniques used and a description of the equipment;
4.4. details of waste storage: 4.4.1. waste storage sites;
4.4.2. waste storage site addresses;
4.4.3. the waste storage equipment used (indicate for each waste storage site).
5. for waste shipment authorization requested by the application shall be accompanied by the following information: 5.1 if carrying hazardous waste: 5.1.1. hazardous waste transport vehicles and used copies of the certificates attesting the suitability of vehicle transport of dangerous goods (if the certificate required in accordance with the laws and regulations on the transport of dangerous goods);
5.1.2. a list of drivers who are in employment relations with the applicant for authorization and which have the right to carry dangerous goods (if such rights are required in accordance with the laws and regulations on the transport of dangerous goods);
5.1.3. in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers of 27 December 2001 Regulation No. 546 of the "regulations on the safety adviser (Advisor) a posting, professional qualifications and activities of the transport of dangerous goods" prepared for the copy of the notification of the posting of security consultants (if necessary in accordance with the laws and regulations on the transport of dangerous goods);
5.1.4. contract with a person that is (a copy of the presentation of the original);
5.2. If the household waste are transported: 5.2.1. vehicles used in specialist list;
5.2.2. contract with a person that is (a copy of the presentation of the original).
6. the application of waste collection, handling, sorting or storage permit shall be submitted to the regional environmental management according to the place of business. The application of the waste shipment authorization shall be submitted to the regional environmental management according to the shipping destination.
III. extension of the authorisation, and in the authorisation requirements 7. sliding to inform local authorities about its administrative territory of the planned waste management, regional environmental administration sent to the requester a copy of the application to the local government in whose administrative territory will be carried out by the collection, sorting, handling, or storage or administrative territory the waste shipment destination.
8. If the regional environmental administration application is received at the municipal waste collection and transport authorisation, the regional environmental authority of local government administrative area will be collected municipal waste or within the territory of which carriage of municipal waste destination, request the submission of evidence that the applicant for authorization have been closed or will be closed for the waste management law 15. agreements referred to in article.
9. If the local Government has justified objections to the permit or special permit requirements for content, so within two weeks in writing notify the regional environmental authority. The local authority also assess planned waste management activities in compliance with the planning.
10. to verify the accuracy of the information provided in the application, prior authorisation of waste management regional environmental management officer attends the waste referred to in the application to the location or destination of shipments of waste.
11. the regional environmental authority in the month following receipt of the application, issue a permit or decide on the refusal to issue a permit and notify the applicant in writing.
12. regional environmental management decision on the refusal to issue a permit may challenge environmental monitoring national Office during the month.
13. Waste collection, handling, sorting, storage, transport permits are presented in accordance with the model form (3 and 4 Add Kuma).
14. regional environmental administration attached to the permit to: 14.1. requirements to reduce environmental pollution, which occurs in collecting, handling, sorting, storage, or transport of waste, including requirements for waste collection containers used and the waste and carrying a horse used in specialised vehicles;
14.2. the requirements for the share of municipal waste collection;
14.3. the measures to prevent accidents and eliminate their consequences;
14.4. the requirements of the waste control measures and monitoring the State of the environment.
15. Waste collection, handling, sorting, storage and transport permit is issued for five years or for a shorter period, if any, specified in the authorisation the applicant in the application.
16. the transport of the waste permit is issued if the person is delivered to a waste received A or B category contaminating authorized recovery or disposal of waste or other waste management required permissions.
17. the authorisation shall be drawn up in two copies. One copy of the authorisation shall be issued a permit to the applicant, the other copy is kept at the regional environmental governance. Regional environmental authority sends a copy of the permit to the municipal administrative territory will be carried out by the collection, sorting, handling, or storage or administrative territory the waste shipment destination.
18. the waste management licence, the reasons, shall be issued in the following cases: 18.1. If the application referred to in waste management can cause lasting health problems or induce or worsen the quality of the environment;
18.2. If the applicant for the permit application has provided false or misleading information;
18.3. If the application referred to in the management of waste does not meet the requirements of the legislation in the field of waste management;
18.4. If the applicant for a permit with the local authorities do not have waste management law 15. agreements referred to in article 3 or the local municipality has indicated that such a contract with the applicant for authorization does not lock.
19. in order to extend the period of validity of the authorisation, the authorisation of the applicant not later than one month before the expiry date of the authorisation shall be submitted in the regional environmental governance the rules referred to in paragraph 3, the application of these provisions and (4) and (5) of that information has changed since the previous application.
IV. review of the authorisation and cancellation 20. regional environmental management review the authorisation conditions in the following cases: 20.1. authorised waste management creates lasting health or cause disease, or to impair the quality of the environment;
20.2. the amended law, which establishes environmental requirements for waste management;
20.3. before changes in waste collection, sorting, handling, storage or transport process, or.
21. the regional environmental authority shall withdraw the authorisation in the following cases:
21.1. If the applicant for the authorization does not comply with the requirements laid down in the law governing waste management, or in the permit;
21.2. If the applicant has provided false or misleading information;
21.3. If the applicant for the permit has submitted information on the termination of the business.
22. the waste transport permit shall be cancelled, even if the person is transported the waste, is void (A) or (B) pollutant categories authorized recovery or disposal of waste or other waste management needs. Waste collection, handling, sorting and storage permission is withdrawn, even if you have received A or B category contaminating activities permit includes conditions that waste management activities.
23. the decision on the withdrawal of the authorisation of the regional environmental Board sent to the applicant and the municipality concerned. Mentioned in the authorisation of waste management operations discontinuing weeks of receipt of the decision.
24. If the permit withdrawn, the application of the new authorisation can be submitted in the form prescribed in these provisions after one year from the date of entry into force of the decision on withdrawal of permission.
V. closing issue 25. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 9 October 2001, the provisions of no. 432 "waste management permit, extension and cancellation procedures" (Latvian journal, 2001, no. 147).
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) of the Council of 15 July 1975 Directive 75/442/EEC on waste;
2) Council of 18 March 1991, the provisions of Directive 91/156/EEC amending Directive 75/442/EEC on waste;
3) Council of 12 December 1991, the provisions of Directive 91/689/EEC on hazardous waste.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Environment Minister r. vējonis Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 21 may, 2005.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 17 May 2005, regulations no 342 Minister of environment r. vējonis annex 2 Cabinet of 17 May 2005, regulations no 342 Environment Minister r. vējonis annex 3 Cabinet of 17 May 2005, regulations no 342 Minister of environment r. vējonis annex 4 Cabinet of 17 May 2005, regulations no 342 Minister of environment r. vējonis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia