Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/110745
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 409 in Riga, 14 June 2005 (pr. No 35) persons employed in the food chain of professional qualifications Issued under the food surveillance law article 8 fifth 1. down the food chain of the employed persons (hereinafter staff) professional qualification requirements, qualification procedures and monitoring.
2. the rules shall not apply to: 2.1. primary production plant of primary products originating in the country and won;
2.2. the transport of food, moving across the State border, home food production, wholesale and retail trade (except 6 and 8 of these rules).
3. the professional qualifications of Staff certifying vocational training or formal qualifications issued regulations on vocational training established or acquired abroad for vocational training or formal qualifications that Latvia recognises laws on the recognition of professional qualifications.
4. the employee according to the work to be carried out require this level of professional qualification: 4.1 first qualifying level: the employee performs simple operations (such as washing, cutting) in a food chain;
4.2. the second qualification level — an employee who performs skilled artist in any of the food chain;
4.3 third qualifying level: the employee who performs the work of a skilled artist, able to control and manage one of the food chain;
4.4. the fourth level of the qualification: the employee performs complex under the competence of the artist in any food chain, organizes and directs the work of other professionals, works with specific production technologies, carry out quality management and control;
4.5. the fifth level of qualification: the employee who is the theoretical knowledge in food and beverage production and competence which manages food and beverage production technological processes, technological equipment, basic principles of quality management system implementation in the company, ensure safe food production, directs, plans, organizes food and beverage production and quality control at all stages of the production process, ensure the harmonious operation of the staff employed, organizes and promotes the new product development and introduction in production.
5. If the employee occupies a position under the fourth and fifth level of professional qualifications, he needs professional education in the food industry.
6. Employee (except for the fourth or fifth level of professional qualification of the staff), to the food business, listen to five hours long training course "minimum hygiene requirements food company" (training course) according to these rules laid down in annex 1.
7. Ministry of agriculture developed a training course under the amendment to the law on food.
8. staff (except for the fourth and fifth levels of professional qualification of employees) repeatedly listens to the training course every two years.
9. Training course run by a person who is: 9.1. higher education in the food industry, veterinary medicine, animal husbandry, or biology;
9.2. appropriate work experience in food hygiene and food safety assurance or documentary evidence for the last five years for further education in the field of food hygiene, including food safety assurance systems acquisition.
10. A Person who conducts training courses, an employee at the course of the hearing served a model certificate (annex 2).
11. The employee in any food chain driven by the company's food safety assurance system required a document that certifies the employee's knowledge of food safety.
12. This rule of 6, 8, 9 and 11 above requirements are controlled and monitored by the food and veterinary service.
13. paragraph 5 of these regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2007.
14. the rules shall enter into force on January 1, 2006.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on January 1, 2006.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 14 June 2005, regulations no 409 course "minimum hygiene requirements food company" program general part: 1.1. food regulatory and Latvian European Union legislation;
1.2. food monitoring and control in Latvia.
2. Food safety and security: the food origin disease 2.1 statistics in Latvia and abroad, as well as the food origin disease and prevention measures;
2.2. the food contamination.
3. Staff hygiene requirements.
4. Food hygiene: 4.1 good hygiene practice and good manufacturing practice;
4.2. food safety assurance system of self-control and guiding principles.
Minister of agriculture m. Roze annex 2 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 14 June 2005, regulations no 409 certificate of the training course "minimum hygiene requirements food company" hearing issued (first name) (surname) personal code training course (first name) (last name) ID number date of issue a driver training course licence issued to the signature, on the basis of the Cabinet of Ministers of 14 June 2005, regulations no 409 "food chain of professional qualifications of persons employed".
Minister of agriculture m. rose
Search Translated Laws of Latvia