Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/111330
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 434 in Riga on 21 June 2005 (pr. No 36 39) labour protection requirements in forestry Issued under the Labour Protection Act article 25 paragraph 19 i. General questions 1. labour protection requirements by doing work in forestry.
2. Self-employed or employee can perform forestry work, if he has acquired the relevant qualifications or mastered the training and are instructed on occupational safety.
3. To forestry operations you can use krūmgriez or chainsaws, requires the formal qualifications of the person licensed educational institutions issued certificate.
4. the employer, his agent and the self-employed skills include knowledge of logging, reforestation and care planning and organizing, as well as the organisation of the protection system of the company.
5. These rules according to the competency under the control of the Labour Inspectorate and the national forest service.
II. Employer and self-employed responsibilities 6. Entering the forestry work, the employer or self-employed person check the work area and determine the risk factors (annex 1).
7. the employer and self-employed work environment inspection, documentation of findings is entitled not to use this provision in annex 1 of the form, if the place of employment, under the legislation on labour protection use documents, more suited to the nature of the work performed, and which takes account of all the provisions mentioned in annex 1 of the working environment risk factors.
8. The employer shall ensure: 8.1. employment training and instruction on safe working methods and other health issues in accordance with the laws and regulations on the protection of health;
8.2. the workers and their representatives to the consultation on matters related to the protection and participation of labour protection related activities;
8.3. employees with personal protective equipment (2. Add Kuma);
8.4. vaccination against tick employed encephalitis;
8.5. a separate installation of the site where workers shelter from inclement weather, warm, relax, bring food, to eat;
8.6. employees with potable water.
9. the self-employed are required to make this rule 8.3., 8.4., 8.5 and 8.6. the requirements referred to in point.
10. Before starting work, the employer shall inform employees about: 10.1 the risk in the work place and the measures taken or to be taken to reduce or eliminate it;
UR10.3.st material handling ādām chemical substances;
10.4. symptoms of sunstroke and prevention techniques.
11. the employer shall assess the knowledge of employees working in the field of protection and, if necessary, provide additional instruction or training.
III. Labour protection systems and forestry work scheduling 12. before logging work employer or self-employed person completed in felling development technological map (3 and 4) in duplicate. One felling development technological map shall keep a copy of the felling, and the employer shall inform the person doing the logging works, on its location.
13. before logging work the employer presents the person doing the logging works with felling felling development technological card contents and map the set agenda. Felling development technological card signed by each person who performs logging jobs decline.
14. the distribution of felling development columns, if logging jobs take more than one tree daudzoperācij gāzēj or logging machine. The distance between adjacent individuals working saw the growing trees is equal to triple the ruling stands tree species tree of average height, but not less than 75metr.
15. Pievešan and technological installation of felling in the corridor plan to avoid (if possible) the Creek or ravine. The bed of the Creek crossing the bridge, culverts or extra logs.
16. Areas in which employment may be compromised and other safety and health of persons (danger zone), stands with the appropriate safety signs in accordance with the legislation on labour protection requirements for safety in the use of the marks. Safety signs located outside the forest felling well the roads and walkways, which crosses the felling or clings to it.
17. dangerous area minimum radius: up to 17.1. the forest workers preparing the soil for trimming drill not less than 15metr;
17.2.ir five meters from the person who pruned trees cut off;
17.3. by sawing the tree, not less than twice the predominant tree species stands of trees, but also average height of not less than 50metr;
17.4.ir five meters up a growing tree that is pruned (separated from the growing tree branches);
17.5.ir 15metr to the person who works with krūmgriez;
10.9. trailing (movement of wood puspacelt condition, using a tractor, secured with wood grips or savācējtros) is equal to the treilējam multiple pusotrkārš or tree trunk length;
17.7. the Timber Ridge with hydraulic loaders, set the maximum span — and grab the wood pusotrkārš in length. The distance shown on the set of hidromanipulator;
11.1. when preparing the wood with a logging truck, daudzoperācij — set the maximum span and gāžam wooden double-length. The distance shown on the set of hidromanipulator.
18. the Hazardous zone may be only one of the work concerned, except where these rules 21, 22 and 50 in.
19. the danger point (rocks, holes, staignāj) represents or confined to visible signs.
20. If trees fall in (targeted, labour protection requirements according to nozāģ the growing trees), pruned and the steep slope sagarum, they not be one behind the other in the direction of the slope.
21. Work related to the felling, timber or trailing pievešan of felling (wood from felling to temporary parking place) and stacking or working height (1, 5metr and higher), employs at least two people, and they are mutual visibility or audibility range. This requirement does not apply to logging machinery operators, daudzoperācij if they are provided with radio stations or mobile phones.
22. Vējgāz, vējlauz & burning to elaborate and dangerous trees (within the meaning of these rules, any deposed, broken or a tree, hanging trupēj, which nozāģēšan creates increased risk) harvested with chainsaw alone persons competent in felling, tree iekārušo (tree, which meteorological factors or felling process dropping is hanging next to the tree crown is stationary) release, pruning, harvesting of trees under stress. Before the overthrow of the hazardous persistence of checks by tree felling of the fork (aid felling).
23. In adverse weather conditions (rain, storm, wind speed exceeding 11metr per second (shaking tree root node), intense snowfalls) and in conditions where the visibility is less than 50metr, the work stopped.
24. where there is a direct and dangerous factors of the statement of work is not possible under labour protection requirements, work stops. Employees on the employer informed.
25. direct work with the chainsaw does not exceed four hours per shift.
26. If the same workplace number of persons carrying out logging jobs, the employer divides the responsibilities and resources, as well as organise cooperation between persons according to the felling development technological map.
27. the forestry work organized in such a way as to avoid the risk of sunstroke, enabling you to relax from the Sun protected areas.
28. Chemical substances and plant protection products used in legislation on plant protection established and ensure that they do not get into groundwater or reservoirs.
29. Any logging activity in another property or possession of the forest owner or legal possessor, or an employer in writing consistent with the property owner or possessor.
30. Logging work felling, which is long established in the electrical network or direct to the owner of the forest protection zones, or legal possessor, or employer before felling the accordance with the electrical network of the possessor, if there is a possibility that the trees fall could affect the electrical networks.
31. If the saw along the trees overhead and hanging cable communications network line and dropping it may damage electronic communication network, work aligned with the electronic communication networks the owner or possessor.
32. the work on the roads and paths of land partition, as well as bar tree at nozāģēšan road, if in hazardous areas in contact with the road, the forest owner or legal possessor, or employer regulations in accordance with the procedure laid down by the way the owner or possessor and the State joint stock company "Latvian state roads".
33. in order to restore the forests, coppice care and forest fires during the deletion to ensure adequate and safe working conditions, and forest felling, jobs and pievešan on the trailing paths, roadways, drainage ditches kvartālstig SUV krautuv sakopj of the atbērtn and according to the laws and regulations on forest protection measures.
IV. Labour protection requirements in forestry operations to use work equipment 34. Forestry operations are allowed to use the certified equipment that complies with the laws and regulations on the use of work equipment. Equipment used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
35. the Equipment is used according to the nature of the work, working methods and forestry work involved physical talents.
36. Work equipment safety devices comply with the operating instructions the manufacturer's technical requirements.
37. The hand tool handle (handle) for cracks, splinter, and it is closely connected to the metal parts of the tool.
38. the griezējasmeņ Tools have no cracks, and they are sharp, properly installed and securely fastened.
39. Griezējasmeņ grinding seams is the handle.
40. work equipment used for the treatment of special tools and cleaning solvents.
41. the forestry operations only use suitable for the soil bearing capacity, work equipment.
42. the loading and transportation jobs in dzekļ * to be used, pievedējtraktor and daudzoperācij machines are provided by bilateral communications.
V. labour protection requirements for reforestation, care and growing coppice of trees pruning works 43. Planting trees in the mountainous areas, people were heading toward a mountain.
44. in the case of a atcelmot area of the forest, using the uzkarināt of the media seeding, they operated from the tractor cab.
45. it is prohibited to touch the cutting tools and the krūmgriež chainsaw chain when the motor is stopped.
46. Stick that is larger than three centimeters instead of sawing, forbidden to touch with a saw disk sector that meet the clocks sector between noon and three. Up to three centimeters thick stick used for all sawing the saw wheel cover.
47. Working with krūmgriez, its mass is evenly distributed to the two forestry operations working person's shoulders. It is a balanced position and the tool is located directly across from this person.
48. Krūmgriež position and attaching the handle height provides a convenient working posture.
49. the ladder is stable and produced from lightweight and durable material. The steps are spaced equal distances. Stair design is intended for devices that prevent it overturning or diversion work. Stairs are fixed to the tree trunk working condition so that the distance from the root of the neck to the base of the stairs to reach the 25procent of the length of the stairs.
Vi. Labour protection requirements of felling, pruning and Felling of jobs 50. sagarumošan before development prepares the safe work: short sea shipping temporary wood UR50.1.ier parking space not closer than from the dzējam 50metr sa separately growing trees;
hazardous trees 50metr s UR50.2.nov RADIUS: temporary timber 50.2.1. around the parking space;
50.2.2. around the site where workers shelter from inclement weather, warm, relax, bring food, to eat;
50.2.3. around the truck and fuel storage.
51. the felling direction as appropriate for the planned felling development techniques.
52. Felling during the dangerous zone may be the only tree in the gāzēj (forest workers who separated from the trunk of a tree stump) and tree gāzēj (lumberjack who performs ancillary jobs). Hazardous area prohibited the felling to take other jobs.
53. All persons who are felling felling is located during development, use helmets.
54. Additional equipment for felling is overthrow blade with hook or without it, in different sizes and materials (except steel) wedges, hammer or axe, overthrow of the fork, direction change pad, portable winch and lever.
55. the tree felling in gāzēj before work make sure that dangerous zone no unauthorised persons.
56. before the overthrow of the trees around the tree prepare job (cuts off the annoying undergrowth and branches, kill pielūžņojum, clear or nomīd the snow). Access to purify 45grād angle opposite to the direction of the overthrow of the tree at least four metres in length.
57. the trees on the roads nozāģ pievešan to stay as low as possible strain.
58. the conditions for the overthrow of the tree: 58.1. aizzāģējum made of 1/4 to 1/3 the diameter of tree depth at side to which the tree is to bring down the tree;
58.2. aizzāģējum angle is 35 to 55grād, aizzāģējum in the lower plane perpendicular to the centreline of the tree;
58.3. tree felling plane is about 1/10 of the trunk diameter above the aizzāģējum the lower plane;
UR58.4.nep ārzāģēt safety bar width is 1/10 part of the tree trunk diameter nozāģējum;
58.5. ietrupējuš trees pārzāģēt not bandwidth increased by two centimetres;
58.6. trees which is slanted to the side nosvēruš of the overthrow, the direction of the left pārzāģēt the wedge bar. Wedge peak facing in the direction of the wood trim;
58.7. tree, diameter 1, 3metr in height is up to 35centimetr and it bent more than five degrees, and tree diameter 1, 3metr in height is greater than 35centimetr and it bent more than two degrees, a natural inclination in the direction of gases;
58.8. one strain of trees and shoot at the stump healed trees fall in their natural inclination;
UR58.9.nog fucking with that inclination is greater than 15grād, the tree falls the slopes in the direction of the fall.
59. it is prohibited to overthrow the tree in which the hanging tree, saw down the other blocks or logs from the iekārušo tree, a tree of gas logs to iekārušo tree or lie below it.
60. Felling jobs forbidden to leave aizzāģēt, or not completely cut off trees.
61. Iekārušo trees harvested, using safe work practices. If this is not possible, the danger zone is delimited by with labeling strips or appropriate safety signs.
62. Iekārušo safe wood harvesting techniques are the following: UR62.1.iek ārušo tree nošūpošan with the overthrow of the forks;
62.2. wooden security bar to it with the cut sawing the trunk builds only support;
38.7. trunk spinning around its longitudinal axis with the lever, which suits this job;
38.8. wooden logs move back or to the side, using the leverage;
62.5. portable winch. The removal of the cable length must not be less than 10 metres;
38.9. tractor winch or trailing the tractor and ropes. The removal of the cable length must not be less than 35 metres.
63. when the tree begins to settle down, tree gāzēj and his assistant (if any) from the tree of four to five meters over the previously prepared tracks and careful not to endanger the falling tree, falling branches and tops.
64. the chainsaw with the fuel, make up a safe distance — no closer than the new Member States from the open fire 10me.
65. during the filling of fuel chainsaw engine is turned off.
66. it is prohibited to work with a chainsaw for which safety devices do not work.
67. the operation of the engine of the chain saw, the person carrying out forestry work: 67.1. at least two feet away from other people;
67.2. ensure the circuit does not affect other objects;
67.3. chainsaw keeps stationary: 67.3.1. forcing my foot right hand grips to the ground;
67.3.2. squeezing the right hand grips between the knees.
68. Working with the chainsaw, the person takes a balanced and safe posture, chainsaw handle with both hands. The front handle chain saw receives with his left hand so that the thumb and surround it from the bottom. It is not permissible to chainsaw sawing rail terminal upper part.
69. saw not, lifting the chainsaw above shoulder height.
70. Jam the saw chain and guide released by chainsaw engine stop.
71. Moving on to the next tree, turn off or turn on the engine of the chain saw chain brake.
72. the Branches of the tree with an axe, shoots down the branches of the tree on the opposite side.
73. the tree pruned away from the breech to lay wooden tops.
74. not allowed to chop off or be cut the branches: UR74.1.st AG, or sitting on the tree down;
74.2. unstable sleeping tree;
46.2. piles inverted trees.
75. the Branches of trees, banned fend dry twigs with axe piet or other tools.
76. the Branches of the tree with a chainsaw: possible 76.1.to based on atzarojam tree trunk;
76.2. the other side of the trunk branches, atzarotāj's right leg is located away from the saw chain;
76.3. nuisance wood harvested when the chainsaw is switched off or the chain brake;
76.4. branches, on which atzarojam the tree trunk, the nozāģ gradually;
76.5. chainsaw tracks free end must not be affected to the branches and other objects;
47.6. it shall be prohibited to move along the trunk of a tree with a chain saw in motion when the rail is in the trunk on the side which is in atzarotāj.
77. Felling, which slopes slope is 20 degrees and more, nogāzto trees before pruning keeps in stable condition, sewn to the ascending trees or not, strains.
78. If the tree trunks located across the slopes fall, atzarotāj and sagarumotāj are located upstream of the atzarojam tree.
79. from the tree trunk sagarumošan (nogriežņo Division), sagarumotāj will evaluate the tree voltage and possible movement of sagarumošan end of the trunk.
80. a horizontal plane, of the Sagarumoj under stress the tree trunk, sagarumotāj is in a compressive force of side effects.
81. the tree trunk on which the compressive or tensile strength, the first iezāģējum to be made of the effects of compressive force area.
82. it is prohibited to be stacked and sai sagarum afraid placed tree trunks.
VII. The labour protection requirements in the preparation of the wood with the daudzoperācij of machinery for the preparation of many Timber 83. operation a path of movement of the machine care curl marks or highlights. Clear cut in daudzoperācij car movement path by the operator chosen according to felling development technological map.
84. Daudzoperācij use of a machine designed to machine do not endanger other people's safety and health.
85. the Prepared timber felling is packed to prevent arbitrary displacement.
86. Daudzoperācij parking lot of choice in the flat, and equipment against movement.
VIII. Labour protection requirements vējgāž and vējlauž the vintage work 87. Before the storm blew down the trees harvest evaluate the specific situation and choose the best work out technology.
88. Felling development direction coincides with the direction of the main vējgāz.
89. The safest way of development is in the preparation of the vējgāz wood daudzoperācij machines.
90. before the tree removal from the root system assessed the tree under severe strain.
91. After removal of the trunk from the smashed down the root system shall take all the necessary measures to atgāzt the root system to its original state.
92. when working with the chain saw: UR92.1.sak s system strengthened by winches or other equipment to prevent it from overturning the tree atzāģēšan;
92.2. sawing by a safe distance from the fallen tree root system. At the tree blew down fragile root system leaves the trunk bar whose length is about 1/2 the diameter of the roots trays;
UR92.3.noz āģēj a sasvērušo pusizgāzt strong or tree, choose a method to prevent longitudinal fracture in the trunk;
If the broken wooden 92.4. COP stops against the ground, before the overthrow of the lauzum tree check the connection of the place of safety. Trees with broken tops, separated: 92.4.1. the same angle to the fall in the broken parts of the direction, if a COP stops against the ground;
92.4.2. fall broken treetops direction if the ending will not impinge on the ground;
92.5. trees with broken Crown aizzāģējum depth increases from 1/3līdz 1/2 of the diameter of sawing wood;
57.5. pile inverted trees after tree removal from the root system to move to a safe location where it may branch and the sagarum. Next the wood is separated from the root system only after the previous tree aizvilkšan;
92.7. If overthrown tree trunks located one above the other and the height exceeding the height of the shoulder gāzēj tree, the tree before atzāģēšan from the strain with a tractor or hand winches help says below.
IX. Labour protection requirements for wood handling, stacking and outward deed 93. Moving lumber, used in various work equipment — hooks, grapples, special wheelchair, leverage with kantāķ or other assistive devices to reduce forestry work for exercise.
94. The weight of the wood must not endanger the analyst of forestry work safety and health. Moving and lifting lumber, comply with the laws and requirements of the severity of the move.
95. the timber along the slopes if allowed Ang area not in people.
96. in the transport of Timber with working horses: 96.1. use suitable horses for the job;
UR96.2.str the skin of a person who is familiar with the work of the nature and use of the horse;
96.3. a person who transported wood, next to or behind the work horses;
59.9. must not be transported lumber from hillsides that slope down, moving more than 20 to 30grād, but the transport of up to 15 degrees of 10līdz;
96.5. the transport path is not pielūžņot with the felling residues;
96.6. cargo is secure;
96.7. uses the harness to avoid injuring the horse;
96.8. use the appropriate sled, sleigh, a timber skretel, cart and other work equipment.
97. in the slopes, the preferred direction is trailing from the bottom to the top.
98. The cargo collection and trailing jobs can be started when the dangerous zone is not in the others.
99. Treilēj a wood slope, persons doing forestry work, located at the top of the slopes.
100. Trailing labour force of mutual communication uses predefined signals.
101. the forestry operations will be prohibited from using agricultural tractors, if it is not specially equipped to work in the Woods.
102. it is recommended that you use the winch, which controlled with radiovadīb.
103. the Trailing tractor winch rope is: at least 35metr of 103.1. long and meets the winch manufacturer's requirements;
103.2. attached to the winch reels;
UR103.3.cie AI spooled on a reel.
104. The ropes, blocks and cilpeņošan equipment before work inspection and determine the possible defects and depreciation.
105. When removing rope winch reel to remain no less than three wire windings.
106. the freight treilēj, the bow is in the lifted position, or placed on a support.
107. During slopes, pievešan routes shall be provided in the direction of the slopes.
108. The move across the hillside, avoid turning against the mountain.
109. pievedējtraktor not overburden and deploy lumber over the studs.
110. The transportable load mass choice, taking into account the soil bearing capacity and condition of the road.
111. when loading works on slopes, pievedējtraktor provides against arbitrary displacement.
112. the Timber Ridge Timber temporary parking space specified in the felling development in routing.
113. the location of the Krautuv above, and shall be prepared to maintain order.
114. the Timber Ridge on level and solid ground.
115. in the timber loading, the following requirements shall be met: UR115.1.gr eat up secured against roll or cliff so that the tip of the Ridge angle does not exceed 35grād;
UR115.2.apa ļo Timber Ridge height not exceeding 1/4daļ of the length of the ridge and pusotrkārš Ridge is not greater than the length of the stacked wood;
115.3.ar hand nekrautas stack height does not exceed 1, 8metr;
individual timber up 115.4. is set forth from the Ridge more than 0, 5metr;
UR115.5.gr eat the pads placed symmetrically on both sides of the divide no more than one meter away from the wood.
116. Autotransportlīdzekl or pievedējtraktor permitted to approach the wood loading, if there is a probability that the stacked timber can move.
117. prior to the commencement of loading of wood autotranspor concerned a feature or pievedējtraktor ensure against arbitrary moving loading time.
118. the timber cargo by road may be made if the goods are placed under the legislation on placing and consolidation of cargoes.
119. pievedējtraktor erode or unacceptable congestion and capacity margin overrun.
120. the carriage of Timber may make regulations for the carriage of goods.
Prime Minister a. Minister of Agriculture Halloween — Minister of finance Spurdziņš o. Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 30 June 2005.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 434 of the Agriculture Minister, the Minister of finance Spurdziņš o. Annex 2 Cabinet on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 434 notes.
safety shoes with toe part 1.
2 Aizsargbiks with a special lining.
3 different types of ear plugs are not suitable for forestry workers, because it is associated with the risk of infection a mystery.
4 clothing for protection against chemicals and chemical products.
5 If the noise level exceeds 85 dB (A).
6 footwear with special coating with chainsaws.
7 shoe soles from slippery material.
8 gloves with a coating of the Palm of the hand.
9 with neck guard snow and rain conditions.
10 If you are located outside the cab.
11 breathing and parenteral route protection when working with chemical substances which have an adverse effect on the respiratory and digestive organs.
Minister of agriculture, Minister of finance Spurdziņš o. Annex 3 of the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 434 of the Agriculture Minister, the Minister of finance Spurdziņš o. Annex 4 of the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 434 of the Agriculture Minister, the Minister of finance Spurdziņš o.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia