Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/111578
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 455 in Riga on 28 June 2005 (pr. No. 37) order in which the measurement is carried out the type approval, initial verification and market surveillance are Issued in accordance with the law "on a uniformity of measurements" the second subparagraph of article 6, article 4.1 and the law "on conformity assessment" 7. the second paragraph of article i. General questions 1. determines: 1.1. state metrological control of measuring the subject features of metrological control (pattern approval and initial verification);
1.2. the procedure for the state metrological control of measuring instruments subject to market surveillance.
2. the rules apply to measuring instruments, measuring instruments, components, and equipment for additional devices, but does not apply to the following products: measuring 2.1. non-automatic scales;
2.2. water consumption meters;
2.3. gas consumption meters and proofreaders;
2.4. electrical energy meters;
2.5. heat meter;
2.6. liquid (except water) systems;
2.7. automatic weighing instrument (except the automatic vehicle weight);
2.8. the taximeter;
2.9. material measures (length measuring and measuring the amount of beverage marketing);
2.10. the measuring dimensionāl features;
2.11. an exhaust gas analyser.
3. place the measuring the internal market means that comply with the regulations of metrological control requirements, which include the European Union laid down in the common metrological requirements measuring instruments. National market place the measuring tools that comply with the regulations of metrological control specified metrological requirements. Metrological requirements measuring instruments before the insertion of the metering market the type approval (hereinafter type approval), the type-approval certificate and type-approval mark. Metrological requirements, transfer of funds, the use of measurement provides a means of measuring the first verification (hereinafter preliminary verification), which represents the first verification mark. Type approval and verification procedures for the first set of these rules 1 and 2 in the annex.
4. measuring instruments is carried out at the national and the European Economic Community (EEC), and the type-approval and EEC initial verification in the national. Measuring instruments which the European Union lays down common metrological requirements, carry out EEC pattern approval and EEC verification first. Measurement features that made the above examination and which bear EEC pattern approval sign and the EEC was first imposed on which verification mark, placed on the internal market and put to use.
5. Type-approval and verification of first the State limited liability company "Latvian National Metrology Centre" (hereinafter referred to as the Centre), and institutions for which the accreditation of the Ministry of economy published a notice in the newspaper "Gazette" (hereinafter referred to as the certification authority).
6. certification bodies are accredited national agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau ' to a standard LVSEN45011:2004" the main criteria for the different types of institutions that deal with product certification systems "and is apdrošinājuš 's civil liability.
7. requirements for measuring instruments, placing it on the market (hereinafter metrological requirements), laid down the law to the specific means of measurement.
8. The Ministry of economy in cooperation with the relevant technical standards Committee recommends limited liability company "Latvian standards", reliance standard.
9. Limited liability company "Latvian standards" submit for publication in the newspaper "journal" applicable standards list — the list of Latvian National standards which are applicable in the metrological requirements. The Centre shall provide for publication in the newspaper "Journal of the international organization of legal metrology, the list of documents that apply to metrological requirements.
10. the metrological requirements to certify according to the prescribed in these provisions for type-approval and verification of the first order.
11. the decision of the certification authority may be challenged pursuant to the law "on conformity assessment" to article 15.
II. Type approval 12. type approval is a prerequisite for a first-time verification. If according to the metrological requirements measuring features first-time verification is not required, the manufacturer or his authorized representative shall place the measurement type-approval means the market or use. If according to the metrological requirements measuring instruments type approval is not required, take the first verification.
13. The application for type-approval, the manufacturer or his authorized representative (hereinafter applicant) shall submit in writing only one certification body.
14. If the measuring media type shall meet the metrological requirements, the certification authority issuing the certificate of national type-approval or EEC type-approval certificate.
15. national type approval certificate shall be issued for a period of three years. EEC type-approval certificate is issued for 10 years. Type-approval certificate validity period can be extended for the previous period. The applicant shall ensure that each measurement feature would be subject to type approval mark, which certifies its conformity to the approved type and is specified in the type approval certificate.
16. If the means of measuring the type does not satisfy the metrological requirements, the certification authority shall refuse to grant type-approval certificate.
17. On the manufacturer's measuring instruments made changes or additions shall inform in writing the applicant the certification authority which issued the type approval certificate.
18. the certification authority verifies that the changes affect the types of measurement. If the manufacturer's changes affect the type of means of measuring the results of the measurements or measuring instruments under certain conditions of use, the relevant certification authority issued the type approval certificate. If a measuring feature made significant changes (for example, change the metrological characteristics of the design, the material), the certification authority shall issue a new certificate of type approval.
19. additional devices to the EEC type-approval certificate shall specify: 19.1. types of measuring instruments, which includes relevant additional device or be equipped with them;
19.2. General conditions for the operation of the measuring means.
20. If certification authority does not extend to the type-approval certificate, the period of validity of the measuring instruments that have been released for use until the certificate expires, the type approval is in effect.
21. the EEC pattern approval of measuring instruments that use new technology, which is not designed for metrological requirements, certification authority, after consultation with the other Member States of the European Union for certification bodies shall issue an EEC type-approval certificate with limited activity. The certificate can be determined: 21.1. restrictions on the number of means of measurements;
21.2. the obligation to inform in writing the applicant certification body of any means of measuring installation sites;
21.3. the restrictions on the use of funds;
21.4. additional specific restrictions on the devices.
22. the EEC type-approval certificate issued with limited activity for two years.
23. On measuring instruments that meet the metrological requirements and which do not require the EEC type-approval, the manufacturer shall impose that rule 1 of the annex set out in point 22.
24. the certification authority which approved the type, you can cancel the certificate of type approval in the following cases: 24.1. measuring features do not conform to the approved type or metrological requirements;
24.2. failure to comply with the type-approval certificate and 21 of these regulations the requirements set out in paragraph;
24.3. the type-approval certificate granted unduly;
24.4. in accordance with the approved type of measurement produced features found in type-specific defects which the measuring tool is not valid for the intended use.
25. following the withdrawal of the type-approval certificate of the measuring instruments on the market and putting into use is prohibited. Certification body on the abolition of the EEC type-approval shall inform the Ministry of the economy. The Ministry of economy shall inform the European Commission and the Member States of the European Union official missions.
III. Initial verification in the verification of the First 26 is a new means of measuring assessment according to the approved type or metrological requirements.
27. the first verification can be performed using validated methods that are not specific metrological requirements.
28. the first verification, certification body: 28.1. make sure that the measuring instrument is performed on the type-approval and component type-approval mark;
28.2. determine whether a measuring tool to conform to the approved type;
17.6. where the measuring instrument is not required for type approval, check that it complies with the characteristics of the measuring and metrological requirements laid down in the technical construction and operating conditions;
28.4. evaluate measuring instruments and metrological characteristics of the maximum permissible error according to the metrological requirements;
28.5. check compliance of the design of the use of the measuring conditions, conformity of the marking and sealing of the space;
28.6. appropriate metrological requirements oblige national first verification mark or EEC verification mark in the first (annex 2).
29. The measurement features, which are imposed on the EEC verification mark, a first-time producer until the end of the year without the restrictions placed on the market or use.
30. On the means of measurement, which requires no verification, the manufacturer of the EEC first puts on a special mark according to the provisions of paragraph 23 of annex 1.
IV. Market monitoring (metrological control) 31. State metrological inspection of measuring means carried out surveillance of the market, ensuring that the market would be offered only by means of metering shall meet the metrological requirements and, according to the installed, maintained and used without risk to human health and life and did not cause any damage to the environment.
32. metrological inspection if the State determines that the measurement tools do not meet metrological requirements, it shall take the legal metrological control on certain measures to prevent the means of measuring the placing on the market and use.
33. If the state metrological inspection determines that the measurement tool that has a type-approval mark and the first verification mark applied correctly for its intended purpose, however, pose a threat to human health and life or cause damage to the environment, it stops the measurement feature, prohibit its placing on the market and send the measuring instrument to the manufacturer or its authorized representative reasonable notice, and inform the Ministry of the economy. The Ministry of the economy shall report to the European Commission and the Member States of the European Union official missions on discrepancies and the measures taken.
34. State metrological inspection shall take appropriate measures to prevent the use of the marking of means of measurement that could be confused with the EEC marks or markings.
35. State metrological inspection decision may appeal to the administrative procedure law.
V. concluding questions 36. This provision, 2.2., 2.3., 2.4., 2.5., 2.6., 2.7., 2.8., 2.9, 2.10 and 2.11. subparagraph shall enter into force on 30 April 2006.
37. The EEC type-approval certificate granted in these terms in that order and according to the metrological requirements, after the amendment of these rules cannot be extended and supplemented.
38. through the means of measurement, the maximum error is determined by the same as the initial verification. The laws on the metrological control that determines the means of measurement, metrological requirements measuring instruments into more errors can be determined.
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) the European Council of 26 July 1971, Directive 71/316/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to common provisions for measuring instruments and methods of metrological control;
2) the European Council of 19 December 1972 by Directive 72/427/EEC, amending Directive 71/316/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to common provisions for measuring instruments and methods of metrological control;
3) of the Council of Europe 26 October 1983 Directive 83/575/EEC, amending Directive 71/316/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to common provisions for measuring instruments and methods of metrological control;
4) the European Council of 25 June 1987 directives 87/354/EEC amending certain directives on the approximation of the laws of industrial products relating to differences between the Member States;
5) the European Council of 25 June 1987 directives 87/355/EEC, amending Directive 71/316/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to common provisions for measuring instruments and methods of metrological control;
6) the European Council of 21 December 1988, Directive 88/665/EEC, amending certain directives on the approximation of the laws of the Member States where there is provision in those directives that the approval and certificates shall be published in the official journal of the European communities.
Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister A.r. Kariņš Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 2 July 2005.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 28 June 2005, regulations No 455 type approval (I). The application for type-approval 1. Application for type approval (hereinafter application) drawn up in accordance with the requirements laid down in these provisions and, together with the relevant documents submitted to the certification authority. A copy of the application to the EEC type-approval, the applicant shall send to the Ministry of the economy. The Ministry of Economic Affairs sent a copy of the application to all Member States of the European Union official missions.
2. the application shall specify the following: 2.1 manufacturer's and any of its authorized representative, the name and business address;
2.2. the measuring tools category;
2.3. field of use envisaged;
2.4. the type of measurement and metrological characteristics;
2.5. measuring series designation (if any) or type.
3. the application shall be accompanied by the following documents (in duplicate): 3.1 measuring feature description: 3.1.1. measurement of the structure and principles of operation;
3.1.2. protective measures to ensure the correct operation of the measuring means;
3.1.3. means of measuring device for installation and adjustment;
3.1.4. verification marks first place on measuring feature (this provision 2. Chapter III of the annex);
3.2. General design drawings and, if necessary, detailed drawings of the main components;
3.3. the scheme illustrates the operating principle of the measurement, as well as, if necessary, the measurements of the photograph;
3.4. If the measuring instrument has been made a national type-approval, EEC type-approval application for the occasion of relevant documents.
II. Type of evaluation 4. Supervising Authority carries out the type of measurement document verification and metrological assessment (measuring instruments, which made metrological assessment, carry out documentary checks only).
5. Type of evaluation conditions of use under which the metrological measurement parameters must comply with the metrological requirements.
6. conditions for metrological evaluation of type requirements.
7. the certification authority may require the applicant to pass the tests, benchmark technical equipment and support staff.
8. If necessary, the certification authority requires the submission of samples measure that granted the type approval. After checking with the certification body of the measuring sample can be replaced with components of the measuring scale reduced models or drawings, as indicated by the information in the type-approval certificate.
III. the type-approval certificate and approval mark 9. Type-approval certificate shall specify the type of evaluation results and the requirements to be met during the measurement. Certificate shall include the descriptions, images, and diagrams necessary to identify the approved type and measuring features.
10. type-approval mark laid down in this specimen in chapter V of the annex. National type approval mark (paragraph 19 of this annex) is a rectangle that contains the distinguishing mark, certificate number and the year of issue.
11. the EEC type-approval mark (paragraph 20 of this appendix) is the stylized letters "ε", which includes the following information: 11.1. — the top of the State issuing the approval identification mark (B: Belgium; D-Germany; DK: Denmark; E: Spain; F: France; EL-Greece; I For Italy; IRL: Ireland; L-Luxembourg; NL-Netherlands; P-Portugal; UK: United Kingdom; (A)-Austria; S-Sweden; FI-Finland; CZ-Czech Republic; Est: Estonia; CY: Cyprus; LT: Lithuania; H-Hungary; M – Malta; PL: Poland; SI-Slovenia; SK: Slovakia; LV-Latvia) and approval the last two digits of the year;
11.2. the lower part, type-approval identification number, which is granted by registration of the approved type.
12. the EEC type-approval with limited activity approval mark (paragraph 21 of this appendix) is the letter "P", which is the same size as a stylized letter "ε" which is placed before the EEC type-approval mark.
13. the means of measurement which is not required for EEC type-approval, markings used in the EEC type-approval mark which, in the stylized letters "ε" inverted symmetrical along the vertical axis (22. of this annex).
14. measuring instruments, which do not require verification of the EEC first, use the EEC type-approval mark, put in the hexagon (23. of this annex).
15. Type-approval mark shall be affixed in a prominent place at each of the measurement. Type-approval mark must be clearly legible and indelible.
IV. Communication concerning EEC type approval 16. Supervising Authority shall issue to the applicant a certificate of type approval and forward the original EEC type-approval certificate to the Ministry of Economy of the copy. The Ministry of economy, this information is sent to the European Commission and the other Member States of the European Union official representations (if necessary, missions may require that the certificate of the annex).
17. Information on the EEC type-approval certificate or with the EEC type-approval of related information certification authority sends the economy Ministry. The Ministry of economy, this information is sent to the European Commission and the other Member States of the European Union official missions.
18. the certification authority of the decision to refuse to grant type-approval shall inform the manufacturer or his authorized representative, stating the reasons for the refusal and the procedures for appeals against decisions. Certification body on the refusal of the EEC type-approval shall inform the Ministry of the economy. The Ministry of economy, this information is sent to the European Commission and the other Member States of the European Union official missions.
V. approval mark 19. National type approval mark are the following: Economic Minister A.r. Kariņš annex 2 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 28 June 2005, regulations No 455 first-time verification i. General questions 1. First verification shall be carried out in one or several (usually two) stages.
2. the first verification carried out in one stage measuring means, which by their manufacturing to be delivered to the installation site, it is upsetting.
4. The first stage of the first verification (hereinafter referred to as a partial initial verification) the certification body shall check the conformity of the measuring instruments approved type or, if the measuring instrument is not required for type-approval, conformity with the metrological requirements.
II. verification of the first place 5. If the metrological requirements is not established, verification of measuring instruments, which the first verification shall be carried out in one stage, the place of verification established certification authority.
6. the means of measurement, which first verification performed in two or more stages: 6.1 the last stage of verification carried out at the place of installation;
6.2. the other stages of the verification carried out in accordance with paragraph 5 of this annex.
7. If the first verification shall be carried out outside the premises of the certification authority certification authority may require the applicant: 7.1. putting the benchmark, technical equipment and support staff;
7.2. to issue a copy of the type-approval certificate.
III. the first verification marks 8. EEC verification marks: first 8.1. If first verification shall be carried out in one stage, the verification tag consists of two stamps: first stamp (1 and 3 of this annex. (a) the image) is the letter "e", which includes the upper part of the distinguishing sign of the State (B-Belgium; D-Germany; DK: Denmark; E: Spain; F: France; EL-Greece; I For Italy; IRL: Ireland; L-Luxembourg; NL-Netherlands; P-Portugal; UK: United Kingdom; (A)-Austria; S-Sweden; FI-Finland; CZ-Czech Republic; Est: Estonia; CY: Cyprus; LT: Lithuania; H-Hungary; M – Malta; PL: Poland; SI-Slovenia; SK: Slovakia; LV-Latvia), where necessary, with one or two numbers that represent the territorial classification; the lower part, the identification number of the certification body. The second seal (2 and 3 of this annex b) form a hexagon that includes verification of the last two digits of the year;
8.2. partial first verification mark only the first stamp;
8.3. this annex 1 and 2 of the EEC was first reflected in the image verification seal different parts (shape, dimensions and outline of the letters), 3 a and 3 b-samples of stamps in the picture. The size indicated in the images (around the small letter "e", around the Hexagon, and drawn an ellipse of diameter circle) is relative. The actual diameters of the circles can be 1:6 mm, 3:2 mm, 6:3 mm, 12:5 mm. 9. National first verification mark (Figure 4) is an ellipse that includes the Centre's identification mark or certification bodies accreditation number, tag number and verification time.
10. Member States certification authorities shall exchange EEC first verification image originals.
11. the first verification tag placement: 11.1 if a measuring feature is verified and found to be appropriate metrological requirements, first on the verification of the measuring instrument in the space provided;
11.2. the verification of the partial first-time marks shall impose: 11.2.1. where Mount stamp with a date, or at the place specified metrological requirements, if the verification of the first measurement is carried out in several stages, or the last stage of the measurement shall be carried out at the place of installation;
11.2.2. how stamp feature instead of measurement specified metrological requirements.
IV. verification marks first graphic 12. EEC verification marks first are the following: 1. the image legend.
S1-AA — certification bodies accreditation number LNMC — national community or limited "Latvian National Metrology Centre" identification mark.
GG: the first verification time (the last two digits of the year).
13. National first verification mark is as follows: Figure 4 the legend.
S1-AA — certification bodies accreditation number LNMC — national community or limited "Latvian National Metrology Centre" identification mark.
MM.GG. — verification time (a month, the last two digits of the year).
No-verification marks 00000.
Economic Minister A.r. Kariņš
Search Translated Laws of Latvia