Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/113513
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 558 Riga, 26 July 2005 (pr. No 43 68) National Agency "National Film Centre" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General question 1. Public Agency "National Film Centre" (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is the supervision of the Minister of culture in the public administration, whose aim is to implement the State kultūrpolitik cinema industry.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 2. the Agency shall have the following functions: 2.1 to promote the Latvian film industry sustainable development and competitiveness;
2.2. promoting audiovisual creations and audiovisual heritage in the availability and distribution in Latvia and in the world;
2.3. to coordinate the participation of Latvian cinema industry to support the European audiovisual programmes;
UR2.4.re ģistrē the movie is (producer), distributors and distribution as well as according to the competency to make the film distribution sector in monitoring and control;
2.5. build a cinema industry database.
3. the Agency shall have the following tasks: 3.1. split the film industry in the State budget allocated funds for film and film-related projects;
3.2. to promote the development of the Latvian cinema, film production, distribution and exhibition;
3.3. participate with film-related activities, the Ministry of culture project and program coordination, planning, preparation and implementation;
3.4. promoting cooperation with countries in the European Union and other countries the cinema sector;
3.5. encourage the Latvian film industry of international experience;
3.6. to promote cooperation with the cinema industry and affiliated organizations;
3.7. to provide information on between folksy cinema sector cooperation projects;
3.8. provide cinema industry database available;
3.9. take inventory, collect and analyze information about film production, distribution and public demonstration.
4. the Agency, in accordance with the competency has the following rights: 4.1 to request and receive from State and local government institutions, as well as the laws and regulations in the order of natural and legal persons for the functions of the Agency the necessary information;
4.2. to publish information materials and provide information to the media on the Agency's competence issues;
4.3. According to competence to prepare and submit proposals to the Ministry of culture in legislative projects;
4.4. in accordance with the competence to organise and manage seminars, conferences and events.
III. Agency governance 5. The work of the agency headed by the Director of the Agency.
6. The Director of the Agency made public administration facilities Act direct authorities managerial functions and public agency law. The Director of the Agency can be alternates.
IV. Agency Advisory Board 7. To encourage public policy implementation in the cinema sector, cultural Minister creates Advisory Council of the Agency (hereinafter referred to as the Board). The Advisory Forum is the consultative right within the scope of the Agency.
8. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the regulations approved by the Minister of culture.
9. numerical composition of the Board and Advisory Council personnel approved by the Minister of culture.
10. the composition of the Board includes industry experts, national institutions and non-governmental organisations authorised representatives.
11. the work of the Council to ensure the Agency's facilities.
V. property of the Agency and funding arrangements 12. The Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 12.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
UR12.2.ie hospitality structures in charge of the services rendered and other own revenue;
12.3. foreign financial assistance;
12.4. donations and gifts.
13. the law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to conclude the leasing (leasing) agreements. Prior authorization of the Ministry of finance, the Agency said the documentation of transactions with the Ministry of culture.
Vi. Agency official disputed the decision and reporting 14. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director. The Director of the Agency's decision or actual action can be appealed in court.
15. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of culture. Cultural Minis three decision can be appealed in court.
16. the Agency legislation drawn up in the order and provides an overview of the activities of the Agency and the use of financial resources.
VII. final question 17. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 September 2005.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Culture Minister h. demakova Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 1 September 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia