Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/113822
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 579 Riga, 2 august 2005 (pr. No 44 28) provisions on restrictions on the use of the medicinal product in animals and of animals and food of animal origin products, if the animals entered restriction of the use of the medicinal product Issued in accordance with article 5 of the law on Pharmacy's 11 and veterinary law article 25 (1) of the i. General questions 1. determines: 1.1. restrictions on the use of medicinal products grown or kept on holdings of the bovine, ovine, caprine, porcine, poultry and rabbits , home to equidae and home grown wild animals (hereinafter referred to as the animals bred in the shed), aquaculture animals and House (rooms);
1.2. the veterinary requirements for farmed animals on the holding and movement of aquaculture animals, as well as the movement of food products derived from animals which have been laid down in these provisions entered usage restriction by Hall.
2. carry out the supervision and control of the food and veterinary service (hereinafter service).
3. These rules of use, subject to the restrictions laid down by the grass are allowed for animals, if: 3.1 product is registered and allowed to use the territory of Latvia;
3.2. the animals reared and shed the aquaculture animals are identified and registered in the laws on animal, herd and the recording of holdings and identification of the animals in the order, as well as identifiable at the time of use (hereinafter referred to as identified in animals);
3.3. Hall entered a practicing veterinarian (hereinafter the veterinarian) or the animal owner or holder (hereinafter referred to as the animal's owner) under direct supervision of the official veterinarian. The veterinarian on the basis of medicine shed animal or farmed in aquaculture animal owner in storage case or accounting journal (hereinafter referred to as the register of the account data) do post under legislation on the labelling of the veterinary medicinal product, distribution, and control requirements, in addition to indicating the animal origin food acquisition limitation period (the period for human consumption or animal feed are not allowed to use animals obtained from treated products of animal origin);
3.4. accommodation and animals bred in aquaculture animals is under the supervision of inspectors.
UR4.2.dz īvniek of food acquisition restriction period after the hormonal drug exposure lasts more than 15dien since the completion of the treatment of the animal;
UR4.3.nav aware of the conditions of use of the medicinal product;
4.4. determination of residues of medicinal products not available in the analytical reagents or equipment to determine maximum residue levels;
4.5. using the beta agonists drugs, products containing acquisition restriction period is longer than 28 days after completion of the treatment of the animal;
4.6. the medicinal products registered before the Council of 22 July 1993, Regulation No 2309/93/EEC laying down Community procedures for the authorisation and supervision of medicinal products for human and veterinary use and establishing a European Agency for the evaluation of medicinal products, entry into force.
5. the products are used in accordance with the Council of 26 June 1990 in Regulation No 2377/90 laying down a Community procedure for the establishment of maximum residue limits of veterinary medicinal products in foodstuffs of animal origin, the specific arrangements for the use of the product.
6. in Latvia the prohibited to distribute and use: 6.1. all these provisions referred to in point 1.1 species-grass, containing thyrostatic substances, stilbenes, stilbene derivatives, their salts and esters;
6.2 beta agonists, estradiol 17 β and its esterveidīgo derivatives-animals destined for food products surfactants or products derived therefrom intended for human consumption, except where such products are used in this provision in paragraph 14 and 16.
7. in Latvia it is prohibited to distribute and use medicine containing substances having oestrogenic (other than oestradiol 17 β and its esterveidīgo derivatives), androgenic or gestagenic of effects: 7.1 shed raised animals, except in the case of the use of the medicinal product control service officer;
7.2. the shed, where they bred animals intended for trade or are slaughtered for human consumption, unless the products are used in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 12 of the said requirements.
8. it is prohibited to distribute the human consumption of meat that is derived from this provision referred to in paragraph 7. This meat processing is prohibited.
9. it is prohibited to distribute the human consumption of aquaculture animals to which substances with oestrogenic received (other than oestradiol 17 β and its esterveidīgo derivatives), androgenic or gestagenic of exposure. Such aquaculture animals prohibited processed animal foods.
10. If there is a suspicion these rules 6 and 7 of the medicinal products referred to in the presence of animals, the Inspector checks the service and do not impose restrictions on trade in animals, where it is found that these animals are treated in accordance with these regulations 11, 12, 13, 14 and 16 of those requirements.
11. Shed bred animals for therapeutic purposes is allowed to use the drug, containing testosterone, progesterone and its derivatives, in the following cases: 11.1 separate shed animal raised if a veterinarian has carried out a clinical examination of the animal;
11.2. If the product after absorption applications are subject to hydrolysis process;
11.3. the fertility problem, including the termination of unwanted gestation;
11.4. injection or vaginal coil form to treat ovarian dysfunction. Not allowed this drug implant;
11.5. If the product enters a veterinarian.
12. Drugs which contain substances with oestrogenic (other than oestradiol 17 β and its esterveidīgo derivatives), androgenic or gestagenic action, to allow identified animals zootechnical purposes: 12.1. If, before the commencement of the activities of the treating veterinarian carried out clinical examination of the animals and even enters the hall holding individual animals grown in search for synchronization, the donor and recipient preparation for embryo transplantation;
12.2. If the medicinal product containing substances with androgenic effect, in accordance with the instructions of the official veterinarian and his direct supervision for the purpose of sex inversion for new aquaculture animals which are not older than three months and are intended for breeding.
13. Holding animals reared zootechnical purposes are not allowed to enter the Hall, which contain substances with oestrogenic (other than oestradiol 17 β and its esterveidīgo derivatives), androgenic or gestagenic action, for if they are for food, they are obtained from food or if they are breeding animals at the end of the reproductive cycle and is located in the fattening.
14. Latvia will shed cultivation allowed animals to use medications containing oestradiol 17 β and its esterveidīgo derivatives when they used fruit: 14.1 maceration or mummification in the case of bovine animals;
14.2. using piometr for the treatment of bovine animals;
14.3. using search for the initiation of the bovine, ovine, caprine species and equidae;
14.4. type of veterinarian.
15. the owner of the Animal is not allowed to handle the drugs, as well as to store medicines containing oestradiol 17 β and its esterveidīgo derivatives.
16. For therapeutic purposes are allowed for medicines containing: 16.1 aliltrenbolon (through the mouth), or beta-agonists to equidae and domestic animals (rooms), to ensure that these drugs are administered in accordance with the manufacturer of the medicinal product in the specified annotation information and carried out under direct supervision of an official veterinarian;
16.2. the beta agonists, in the form of an injection of tokolīz proceedings, if it happens during the calving cows. Beta agonists enter veterinarian, and are not allowed to use it for therapeutic purposes in animals intended for food of animal origin or acquisition of breeding animals at the end of the reproductive cycle;
16.3. the beta agonists to treat respiratory disease-bovine animals, as well as lead to tokolīz of equine animals not intended for meat. Beta agonists introductory veterinarian.
17. the owner of the Animal is not allowed to store and use beta agonists.
III. monitoring and control 18. it shall be prohibited to distribute the human consumption of meat or food products derived from animals which enter the halls with estrogen, androgens or gestagenic action or beta-agonists drugs before service is established by the Inspector that the animals are treated with the medicinal product pursuant to this provision, paragraph 3 and 4 of these requirements and expired foodstuffs of animal origin restriction of acquisition period.
19. the service without prior notice make checks to: 19.1. verify the proper treatment of animals are conducted in accordance with these provisions, as well as discover the medicinal products which are prohibited or subject to restrictions in the use of the product;
19.2. reveal the illegal treatment of animals;
19.3. ensure that food of animal origin restriction period of acquisition;
20. If the product contains thyrostatic substances, stilbenes, stilbene derivatives, their salts and esters, oestradiol 17b agonist, and its esterveidīg derivatives, substances with oestrogenic, gestagenic or androgenic effect, service: 20.1. inspection of medicinal products in live animals, animal watering and water for all animal breeding or holding;
20.2. the medicine examination of residues in live animals, their excrement, body fluids and tissues, as well as animal products.
21. where these rules 19 and 20 of the above tests: 21.1. an established product or products the use of which is prohibited or storage, or detected residues of prohibited medicines, then such substances or products are confiscated, and animals that they are entered, as well as those resulting from food products subject controls. If the control time of animals and food of animal origin have been banned or their residues of medicinal products, the service organizes the animals and foodstuffs of animal origin;
21.2. found that the animal was not observed in food acquisition limitation period or is discovered animal illegal treatment (treatment, during which animals are entered for the purposes of treatment in these provisions prohibited medicines, or violate these rules of use restrictions laid down under the procedure for the use of the product), impose the appropriate administrative service.
22. the service without notice according to competency control operators: 22.1. purchasing or producing substances having a thyrostatic action, estrogenic, androgenic or gestagenic action beta agonists;
22.2. which permitted to distribute substances containing thyrostatic, oestrogenic, androgenic or gestagenic action of beta-agonists;
22.3. buying thyrostatic substances, estrogen, androgens or gestagenic action and of beta agonists of them produce the veterinary medicinal product.
23. The merchant or its authorized person records the chronological order referred to in paragraph 22 of the rules of the medicinal product or the quantity produced, the volume of sales of the veterinary medicinal product, the raw material used to manufacture the quantity, and the names of the medicines sold or from whom they purchased. Information is available on the service.
24. If the results of checks carried out in Latvia show that imported animals or animal food product non-conformity with the requirements of these regulations, the Department shall cooperate with the competent authority of the Member State where the import of animals or foodstuffs of animal origin and determine future actions with them, on the basis of the statutory procedures of the competent authorities of the Member States and the institutions of the European Union cooperation.
IV. Arrangements for the trade in animals and animal products for food if the animals enter the restriction of the use of drugs 25. High class sport horses, high-value horses, circus horses, horses intended for research or are exhibited in fairs, shows, as well as to identify horses who entered aliltrenbolon for therapeutic purposes, or beta-agonists, drugs, permitted to export trade, circus performances, competitions, shows, exhibitions, studies of animal origin food acquisition restriction period ends where: UR25.1.min delegate Hall entered under this provision the requirements of subparagraph 16.1;
25.2. the veterinary health certificate and the horse's passport is a record of the entered name of the medicinal product, and the date of entry.
26. Trade in animals intended for breeding and breeding animals at the end of the reproductive cycle, which shortly before sales treated with medicinal products containing testosterone, progesterone, or their derivatives, aliltrenbolon, beta agonists, or which contain substances with estrogenic (oestradiol 17b and including the esterveidīgo derivatives), androgenic or gestagenic action, of permitted if: UR26.1.dz īvniek treated according to the requirements of this regulation;
26.2. expired foodstuffs of animal origin, collection limitation periods.
27.No States which are not Member States of the European Union (hereinafter third countries) and which is authorized to distribute and to enter all species veterinary medicinal products containing of stilbenes, stilbene derivatives, their salts and esters or thyrostatic substances, are not allowed to bring in the Latvia shed raised animals or aquaculture animals or meat food products obtained from such animals. The food and veterinary service takes samples to investigate from third countries imported animals and see the prohibited drug substances, residues of medicinal products also, subject to the restrictions of the use of or to be controlled by karenc period (withdrawal).
28. the controls to be introduced in Latvia from European Commission third on the list of countries: 28.1. holding animals bred in aquaculture animals, or which in any way are entered in the medicinal products containing thyrostatic substances, stilbenes, stilbene derivatives, their salts and esters;
28.2. shed reared animals or of aquaculture animals which are entered in the medicinal products containing oestradiol 17b and its esterveidīgo derivatives, beta agonist, substances with oestrogenic, gestagenic or androgenic activity, except in cases where the medicinal product is used in accordance with the procedure laid down in these provisions and in line with international recommendations have been observed in animal food acquisition restriction period;
will and UR28.3.ga foods derived from this rule 28.1 and 28.2.. the animals referred to in point.
29.No third countries authorised to import animals intended for farming or breeding animals for their reproductive cycle stage, as well as from these animals for the meat if the animals are treated in accordance with the requirements of this regulation or the third country offers equivalent animal health guarantees.
V. concluding questions 30-2006 October 14 of the bovine, ovine, caprine and equine animals search for the prosecution allowed to use this provision in paragraph 14.
31. To declare unenforceable in the Cabinet of 19 September 2000, the Regulation No 327 "rules on restrictions in the use of the medicinal product in animals" (Latvian journal, 2000, 2003,/333.nr.; 331.70. no).
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) the Council on 29 April 1996 of Directive 96/22/EC on certain substances having a hormonal or thyrostatic action and of beta-agonists and the prohibition on the use in stockfarming of Directive 81/602/EEC, 88/146/EEC and 88/299/EEC;
2) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 September 2003 of Directive 2003/74/EC amending Council Directive 96/22/EC on of certain substances having a hormonal or thyrostatic action and of beta-agonists, the prohibition on the use in stockfarming.
Prime Minister a. Halloween farming Minister – the Minister of the environment r. vējonis Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 5 august 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia