Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/120277
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 809 in 2005 October 25 (Mon. No 61 31) the abolition of customs duties and quotas, regulations Issued by the Advisory Board in accordance with the public administration facilities of article 13 of the law i. General questions 1. abolition of customs duty and quota Advisory Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative and coordinating body.
2. the objective of the Council is to coordinate commercial application for the abolition of customs duties and quotas (hereinafter application) (annex 1) and the other Member States of the European Union, the European Commission submitted a submission rejection (hereinafter application rejections) (annex 2).
II. Submission and rejection of the application submission 3. Commercial companies can submit application materials, semi-finished goods or components (hereinafter goods) imported from third countries.
4. the company shall submit an application to the Council, when: 4.1 the company is in possession of information that the goods are not produced in the European Union;
4.2. the company is in possession of information that the product in the European Union is produced in insufficient quantities;
4.3. no customs duties collected on imports of the product concerned is 20000 euros per year.
5. in order to achieve this provision company 4.3 Customs referred to the amount of the payment, they can join together and submit a joint application.
6. the company submitted applications twice a year: 6.1 to 5 March;
6.2. until 5 September.
7. the company shall submit an application to the Council, if the rejection: 7.1 the item is available in the Republic of Latvia;
7.2. the item will soon be available in the Republic of Latvia;
7.3. In Latvia it is possible to buy one or more equivalent or interchangeable goods;
7.4. commercial companies have other information available for the requested item.
8. the company shall provide a submission rejection twice a year: up to 5 June 8.1;
8.2. to 5 December.
III. Council functions, tasks and permissions 9. The functions of the Council is to evaluate the submissions and submission rejection and accept the decision of the European Commission of their submission. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
10. The Council shall have the following tasks: to assess the application and 10.1 submission of compliance with these regulations the rejection requirements;
10.2. to provide relevant information on the Association of other European Union Member States submissions the European Commission;
10.3. submissions, submissions and decisions taken by the refusal to submit to the Ministry of finance.
11. the Council shall have the following rights: 11.1. to request and receive, free of charge from public institutions and interested companies Council tasks the required information;
11.2. invite to participate in the Board meetings in an advisory capacity to the industry experts and consultants;
11.3. to involve experts in the preparation of the decision.
IV. composition of the Council is composed of the Council 12:12.1. the President of the Council, the Ministry of finance, Customs Department, the Legislative Director or Deputy Director;
12.2. the three authorised representatives of the Ministry of finance;
12.3. the Ministry of Economic Affairs authorised representative;
12.4. The Ministry of agriculture authorized representative;
12.5. two State revenue service's main customs administration authorized representatives;
12.6. the environmental Ministry's authorized representative.
13. on the proposal of the Minister of finance personnel approved of the Council's Cabinet.
14. The work of the Council chaired by the President of the Council.
15. the President of the Council in the absence of his duties shall be carried out by the Council's Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
16. The President of the Council shall: 16.1 plans and organizes the work of the Council;
16.2. convene and chair the meetings of the Council;
16.3. approve the agenda of the Council;
16.4. the signature of the protocols of the Council sitting, decisions and other documents;
16.5. without express authorisation of the representative Council.
17. the proceedings of the Council in the Council Secretary.
18. The Secretary of the Board: 18.1. prepare submissions and submissions received rejection to the sessions of the Council;
18.2. ensure the members of the Council with the information and the Council sits working materials;
18.3. the minutes of the Council meeting.
V. the Council meeting procedures 19. Council meetings are open to the public.
20. The Council shall hold its meetings not less than once a month, if there are any submissions or submission rejections. If necessary, the President of the Council may convene an extraordinary meeting. Extraordinary meeting of the members of the Council shall notify not later than three days before.
21. Submissions and submission rejection shall be adopted and shall transfer to the Secretary of the Board evaluation of the members of the Council no later than three days before the meeting.
22. If necessary, the members of the Council for evaluation of materials consulted industry experts.
23. Opinions on the applications submitted to the Council and the refusal of the application, to be considered during the current session, members of the Council shall forward to the Secretary of the Council, no later than the day before the meeting.
24. the Council are valid if they are sitting on more than half of the Board members.
25. the Council decision shall be adopted by a simple majority, the Council voted to open the meetings. Each Council Member has one vote. The Secretary of the Council sessions of the Council's vote. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
26. Council decisions take the form of a protocol. Each Board Member shall have the right to submit in writing their individual views and to request it to the Protocol of accession. Minutes of meetings shall, not later than three working days after the meeting by the Chairman and the signature of the Secretary. The minutes shall be sent to all the members of the Council.
27. the operation of the facilities of the Council provide the Ministry of finance.
VI. final question 28. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers on 19 October 2004, Regulation No 878 "abolition of customs duties and quotas regulations Advisory Board" (Latvian journal, 2004, nr. 168).
Prime Minister, Minister of finance Spurdziņš o. Economic Minister A.r. Kariņš Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 2 November 2005.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 25 October 2005 in terms of application no 809 on the abolition of customs duties and quotas (Latvia) part 1 (1) combined nomenclature code 2. Exactly the description of the item (the item taking into account the classification criteria) 3. Detailed information (commercial designation, packaging, mode of action, imported goods intended use the product in which it is to be incorporated into the product usage) 4. interested parties that the imported goods are not included in the separate (exceptional) trade agreement (add additional page) 5. (a) The names and addresses of the firms known in the EU or in a third country and supplying identical or substitutable, equivalent to goods with tariff relief (b) date and results (c) this firm reasons for the inadequacy of goods 6. Special remarks (for example, a reference to a similar or earlier cancellation of customs duties or quotas, reference to existing binding tariff information) application for the abolition of customs duties and quotas (Latvia) 2, part 1. Combined nomenclature code 2. Request submitted : address, telephone, telex, fax, 3. The estimated volume of imports in one year: value (euro) (statistical units) 4. current imports (next year): value (euro) (statistical units) 5. period requested 6. The applicable rate of customs duty request during 7. Calculated uncollected customs duty (euro) based on the data in the given year 8. Manufacturer (which is not located in the European Union) the name and address of the importer and the user 9 (European Union) name and address of the chemical products : 10. CUS number (European customs, the serial number of the chemical product in the list) and CAS No (chemical abstract service product registration number) 11. structural formula attachments (such as product description, explanatory brochures, info sheets) _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ (date) Note.
If 1 or 2 part appearing on the news is limited by the availability of information, you can send it separately.
Economic Minister A.r. Kariņš annex 2 Cabinet of 25 October 2005, regulations no 809 economic Minister A.r. Kariņš
Search Translated Laws of Latvia