Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/120805
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 835 in Riga in 2005 (November 1. No 63 17. §) song and Dance Festival to Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration facilities article 13 of the law on the general issue of i. 1. Song and Dance Festival Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative body whose purpose is to monitor the song and dance celebration tradition of conservation and development process.
II. Functions of the Council, and 2. the Council shall take the right song and Dance Festival for the statutory functions and tasks.
3. the Council shall have the following rights: 3.1 according to competence to cooperate with State and local authorities, legal and natural persons, as well as with foreign institutions;
3.2. to request and receive, free of charge from national and local government bodies and non-governmental organisations of the Council required to publicly available information;
3.3. to invite to participate in the meetings of the Council of State and local government bodies, as well as representatives of non-governmental organizations, experts and professionals;
3.4. If necessary, set up a special expert working group;
3.5. to cooperate with the independent media and to provide the information.
III. structure and management of the Council 4. Council is composed of 16 members: 4.1 the Minister of culture;
4.2. the Minister of education and science;
4.3. the children and Family Affairs;
4.4. the Minister of finance;
4.5. The Ministry of finance, the Secretary of State;
4.6. the Chairman of the Riga City Council;
4.7. the Chairman of the Union of local authorities;
4.8. two choral industry, of which one is raised by a national agency "folk art center" Choral Industry Council and one for the national youth initiative Centre for choral music Expert Commission;
4.9. two dance industry, of which one is raised by a public agency, "folk art" dance Industry Council and one for the national youth initiative Centre for folk dance, the Commission of experts;
4.10. brass band industry representative nominated by the State Agency "folk art" brass band Industry Council;
4.11. folk applied arts industry representative nominated by the State Agency "folk art center" the nation's business and the fine art industry Council;
4.12. the popular music industry representative nominated by the State Agency "folk art centre ' folk music ensembles and the chapel of the Industry Council;
4.13. the traditional cultural sector representative nominated by the State Agency "folk art center" folklore of the Council;
4.14. professional music representative nominated by the Ministry of culture.
IV. Organization of work of the Council of 5 Council meeting shall be convened and chaired by the President of the Council. Council in the absence of the President, his duties shall be the Deputy Chairman of the Council. Deputy Chairman of the Council elected by the Council, on a proposal from the President of the Council.
6. the Council shall convene regular meetings at least once every three months.
7. extraordinary sessions shall be convened by the Council at the request of at least half of the members of the Council. To Council extraordinary meeting convened by the Secretariat of the Council shall submit a reasoned application. A decision on the convening of the extraordinary meeting shall be adopted by the President of the Council.
8. The Council meeting agenda approved by the Council Chairman.
9. The secretariat of the Council no later than five working days before the meeting of the Council shall send to the members of the Council information on Council meetings convened and other documents.
10. any member of the Council, no later than three working days before the Council meeting can be sent electronically to the Secretariat of the Council on the proposal for a Council meeting agenda, as well as to propose any of the Mission of the Council is the question of the inclusion in the agenda of the Council.
V. the Council meeting 11. Council meetings are open to the public.
12. the Council shall participate in meetings of Council members and invitees. Persons invited to participate only in the discussion of the examination they are invited.
13. the Council are valid if they are sitting on more than half of the Board members.
14. Each Member shall have one vote in the meeting. Council decisions, the open vote.
15. the Council decision shall be taken by the members of the Council present a simple majority. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
16. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
17. Council decisions are publicly available on the Ministry of culture website on the internet.
18. the minutes of the Council. Recorded in the minutes of the Council provides the Secretariat.
19. The minutes shall be signed by the President of the Council.
20. The Council meeting Protocol storage provides the Secretariat of the Council.
Prime Minister, Minister of finance Spurdziņš o. h. Demakova, Minister of culture of the Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to the 9 November 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia