Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/122156
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 878 in Riga 2005 22 November (pr. No 68 12. §) rules on the invalid document register in accordance with the issued identity documents article 16 of the law of the second, the maritime administration and the Maritime Security Act, article 27 of the fifth and the Highway Traffic Act 30. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. detects an invalid document and not the completed form, be included in the invalid document register (hereinafter register), the order in which the records shall include the following documents and forms as well as the establishment of the register, maintenance and use.
2. the register is a national information system, which includes news about the not for the blind in the Republic of Latvia and foreign identity documents, rights supporting documents and their forms (hereinafter document).
3. the register shall include the following documents: 3.1 Passport;
3.2. the identity card;
3.3. return certificate;
3.4. driver's license;
3.5. the seaman's book.
4. the register aims to provide the document, as well as the status of the document-legal fact (hereinafter referred to as event) a single computerized records to prevent the illegal use of the document.
5. Based on an event, document the register shall contain the following status: 5.1 invalid;
5.2. not specified;
6. the registry administrator and the holder is the Interior Ministry's information center (hereinafter referred to as the Centre).
7. On the reliability of the news entry to the registry and updates or News Center to provide input and updating the registry is responsible for the establishment or unit manager whose messages entered in the register and update or provide input to the Centre and updating the registry (hereinafter referred to as the authority).
8. the Centre shall be entitled to request and receive, free of charge from the registered users register for the operation of the necessary information.
II. status of the document discovery 9. Document status "invalid" the registry determines if the event with document of the Republic of Latvia provides the holder, document storage, the responsible person or authority, as well as if the news of the event a foreign document provides the competent foreign authority. Status is determined on the basis of the following events: 9.1 document lost;
9.2. the document is not passed (but for the legislation of relevance to the issue of the dock is expected to pass) in the following cases: 9.2.1. death of the holder;
9.2.2. holder's legal status;
9.3. changed the name of the holder (name) or last name, or first name (name) and the name of the Republic of Latvia and the document is in the possession of the holder and not void the laws set in order;
9.4. the document is reversed (except in the case of laws and the documents in the cases, the holder of custody or the person responsible at the disposal of the notified body or has been destroyed);
9.5.ir ended the search document (the document is found);
9.6. the document found in the original content changes (counterfeit).
10. Document status "not specified" the register shall, on the basis of the rules referred to in paragraph 9 of the event, in the following cases: 10.1 if details of the event to the document provided by the Republic of Latvia a person who is not the holder or the person responsible for document storage. In this case, the body immediately after news of the input shall take measures to identify the document status;
10.2. If the information supplied for the event with a foreign document is not approved of in the known foreign competent authorities. In this case the Center within three working days from the date of the message input provides information to identify the document status, such institutions: 10.2.1. relevant foreign diplomatic or consular representation in the Republic of Latvia;
10.2.2. If the foreign diplomatic or consular representation in the Republic of Latvia is not accredited, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs consular of Parliament that depart sends the information to the competent national authorities.
11. Document status "valid" is determined on the basis of information provided by the authorities on the recognition of the document to be valid in the following cases: 11.1 if a document of the Republic of Latvia the issuing authority shall accept as valid, the previous status was "invalid" or "not specified";
11.2. If a competent authority abroad accept as valid the documents issued in a foreign country whose previous status was "invalid" or "not specified".
III. building registry 12. Registry content creation according to the competence participates in the following institutions: 12.1 national police;
12.2. the State border;
12.3. the citizenship and Immigration Department;
12.4. the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
12.5. the diplomatic and consular representations abroad;
12.6. the National Protocol;
12.7. The Naturalization Board;
12.8. the national joint stock company "Road Safety Directorate" (hereinafter referred to as the road safety Directorate);
12.9. the national joint stock company "Latvian maritime administration" seafarers ' register (hereinafter register of Seafarers);
12.10. the vital statistics office.
13. This rule 12.1, 12.2, 12.3.., 12.5, 12.6, 12.7., 12.8, 12.9 and 12.10..., the authorities referred to in paragraph immediately after the registration of the event or the receipt of the information entered or updated it in the register held that rule 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 the information referred to in paragraph: 13.1. National Police-details on the territory of the Republic of Latvia and abroad have registered for events;
13.2. State border – news about events registered during the border control and monitoring of persons residing in the country as well as abroad registered events with foreign documents;
13.3. the citizenship and Immigration Department-details of events with documents of the Republic of Latvia;
13.4. the diplomatic and consular representations abroad, news on events with foreign documents and details of the registered events abroad with documents of the Republic of Latvia;
13.5. the National Protocol – it held details of events in the Republic of Latvia with the accredited diplomatic and consular missions, international organisations and consulate employee identity card;
13.6. The Naturalization Board – News of the particular order of the Republic of Latvia passed no documents when document holders lost their Latvian citizenship;
8.5. the register of seafarers-news about events in the Republic of Latvia with the sea little books;
13.8. the civil registry department-news on the Republic of Latvia has not released documentation to those who, after the death of the holder.
14. the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs immediately following the message on the territory of the Republic of Latvia and abroad tracked events provide the Centre with this rule 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 of the report referred to input and updating the registry.
15. Road Traffic Safety Directorate, registering events with the Republic of Latvia, driving licences and driver of the vehicle in the national register, include these rules 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 of the report referred to automated online data transmission mode.
IV. to be included in the register the particulars in the register included 16 news Latvian language. Relevant foreign language transliteration of latīņalfabētisk the oriģinālform shall include: 16.1. foreign holder's name (name), surname and address of the foreign country;
16.2. the name of the person (the words), which provides news on events (hereinafter referred to as news provider) if the supplier is a foreigner.
17. the register shall include the following information on the holder: 17.1. name (name) and last name: 17.1.1. a document recorded in the population register includes the word (words) and last name;
Statistical Pocketbook 2009 UR17.1.2.nor name (name), if the person is a foreign document holder;
17.2. ID code: 17.2.1. document recorded in the population register of persons included in the code;
17.2.2. foreign ID number (identifier);
17.3. date of birth;
UR17.5.dz īvesviet address: 17.5.1. in Latvia the registered residence address or, if the person does not have a registered place of residence addresses, residence address specified;
17.5.2. residence address abroad;
10.9. details on personal data exchange (Exchange date, previous and new data);
17.7. the news of the death.
18. The register shall include the following information about the document: 18.1. indication, if the document is not a completed form;
18.3. series and number;
18.4. the date of issue;
18.5. the issuing country;
18.6. the issuing authority;
11.6. the period of validity;
19. the register shall include the following information about the event: 19.1.;
19.2. the exact or approximate date of the event;
19.3. finding the date of the event;
19.4. event registration date;
19.5. the authority;
12.2. the institutions Department;
19.7. the document or set of documents, and a number that contains news about the event and whose present authority.
20. the register shall include the following information on authority: 20.1.;
20.3. the posts;
20.4 20.4.1. contact information: telephone number;
20.4.2. e-mail address.
21. the register shall include the following information about the message, not the holder of the document: 21.1. the word (words) and last name;
21.2. ID code: 21.2.1. the person in the population register code;
21.2.2. foreign ID number (identifier);
21.3. the date of birth.
22. If the supplier is a Latvian citizen, non-citizen or a person who has been granted refugee status to stateless persons, alternate or temporary protection, or is the holder of an alien that law duly received a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia, the rules of 17.1.1., 17.2.1., 17.3., 17.4.,.,., 11.0 10.9 17.5.1., 21.1 and 188.8.131.52.1. the information referred to in the register of the population register shall be included in the information system of automated online data transmission mode.
23. If you want to include in the register particulars of: 23.1. The Republic of Latvia of issued identity documents (with the exception of diplomatic passports, service passports and identity cards for non-residents), that rule 18.2 18.3, 18.4, 18.5, 18.6 and 18.7.,. the information referred to in paragraph 1 the bottom register of the population register shall be included in the information system of automated online data transmission mode;
23.2. The Republic of Latvia of issued driving licence, this rule 18.2, 18.3, 18.4., 18.5, 18.6 and 18.7... the bottom above the register shall include the particulars of the vehicle and the driver of a national record automated online data transmission mode.
V. register access levels and use of information 24. information contained in the registry, there are two access levels: first and second.
25. the first approach level corresponds to the following: 25.1. details of the document holder: 25.1.1. the word (words) and last name;
25.1.2. ID code;
25.1.3. date of birth;
25.1.4. details of death;
25.2. the particulars of the document: 25.2.1. indication, if the document is not a completed form;
25.2.3. series and number;
25.2.4. issuing country;
25.3. the details of the event: exact or approximate 25.3.1. the date of the event;
25.3.2. event registration date.
26. The second approach level corresponds to the first level of information access and the following additional information: 26.1. details of the document holder: 26.1.1. residence address;
26.1.3. details on personal data exchange (Exchange date, previous and new data);
26.2. the particulars of the document: 26.2.1. the date of issue;
26.2.2. issuing authority;
26.2.3. period of validity;
26.3. the details of the event: 26.3.1. event type;
26.3.2. date of event detection;
26.3.4. body unit;
26.3.5. the document or set of documents, and a number that contains the details of the event and which draws up the body;
26.4. the particulars of the authority;
26.5. details of the news provider, other than the holder.
27. Access to the second level of information is: 27.1. the national police;
27.2. the National Guard;
27.3. the security police;
27.4. the citizenship and Immigration Board;
27.5. Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
17.1. the diplomatic and consular pārstāvn-ing abroad;
17.2. the National Protocol;
17.3. The constitutional protection Office;
17.3. the public prosecutor's Office;
27.10. Corruption Prevention and combating Bureau;
27.11. The State revenue service;
27.12. The Registrar of companies;
27.13. The Naturalization Board;
27.14. The Parliament and the President's security service;
27.15. the military police;
27.16. the municipal police;
27.17. the register of Seafarers;
27.18. Road Traffic Safety Directorate;
27.19. the vital statistics office;
27.20. the courts;
27.21. other national and local authorities, which control the operations regulations have certain rights to get acquainted with the relevant information, to perform the functions of the authority.
28. Private individuals after conclusion of a contract with the Centre for the provision of information, the information contained in the register can be used for crime prevention, as well as the interests of holders of documents and their economic interests. These persons have access to only the first level of information.
29. Access to the information contained in the register shall grant the Centre's boss, based on this rule 184.108.40.206 27.2 27.3.,.,.,.,., 27.4 27.5 17.3 17.3 17.2.,.,., 27.10, 27.11, 27.12..., 27.13 27.14 27.15,.,.,.,., 27.16 27.17 27.18 27.19. the bottom point and the authorities referred to in the written submissions of the driver;
29.2. the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs a written submission – this rule 17.1. the authorities referred to the employees.
30. the competent authorities of Foreign registry information received in accordance with the international agreements concluded.
Vi. Information storage time limits 31. Information in the active registry database stores the expiration date, but not less than 10. After the end of the period of storage information into the registry's archive database.
32. Information about the documents in support of the active registry database stored in 50gad. After the end of the period of storage information into the registry's archive database.
33. Information on invalid document forms in the active registry database stores up to the termination of the search.
34. Information about documents that the search is terminated immediately after the termination of the search inserts registry archive database.
35. Information on the documents that have been accepted for, immediately after the status "valid" discovery place records in the archive database.
36. If the document type or its modification is removed from circulation, information on the trading of such documents after the receipt of the data about the withdrawal document inserts a record in the archive database.
37. the register archive database stores information in 10. After the end of the period of storage of the archive information of the activities of regulatory laws in accordance with the procedure laid down in the national archives Directorate and relevant legislation, creating, deleting from the registry.
VII. Closing questions 38. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 30 November 2004, Regulation No 993 "rules on invalid document register" (Latvian journal, 2004, nr. 192).
39. the diplomatic and consular representations in foreign countries, which do not provide the technical ability to carry out this provision set out in paragraph 13, immediately after receiving the news about the events with foreign documents and registered events abroad with documents of the Republic of Latvia provides these provisions concerned the Centre 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 of the report referred to in paragraph input register or update.
40. Until 1 January 2007 to the vital statistics office, which does not provide the technical ability to carry out this provision set out in paragraph 13, immediately after the event with a registered document, according to the competence center provides these provisions in question 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 of the report referred to in paragraph input register or update.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Interior Minister b. Jaundžeikar Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 26 November 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia