Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/123847
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 953 in Riga in 2005 (on 13 December. No 74 37. §) rules on derogations as regards the content of heavy metals in packaging, the packaging recovery percentage amounts (percentages) and the deadlines for registration and reporting procedures and sample form Issued in accordance with article 7 of the law of the Pack, the second paragraph of article 13, article 15 of the second, third, fifth and the third subparagraph of article 19 of the regulations provides: 1 1.1. packaging types and materials, which may apply the exceptions to heavy metal content as well as the time limits within which the relevant derogations may be applied;
1.2. all packaging and various types of packaging recovery percentages (specific gravity) and deadlines;
1.3. the calendar year, the amount of packaging waste which for the operator and Packer has the obligation to register in the Ministry of environment or its authorized institution to organize shared packaging collection and recovery, as well as to provide a report on the collection of packaging waste and resource recovery volume and types;
1.4. the arrangements for submitting the report on manufactured, exported to other countries, or from other countries, the amount and type of packaging and packaging waste collection and recovery of resources and types, as well as a sample of the message form.
2. the total of lead, cadmium, mercury and chromium (VI) (heavy metals) content packaging and glass packaging materials that are added during the production process repeatedly recyclable materials, but are not used for heavy metals, up to 30 June 2006 can be up to 200miljondaļ (ppm by weight), that is, up to 200 milligrams per kilogram of the material, or the packaging or components.
3. glass packaging and packaging material facilities where packages and packaging material manufacturing process adds the pārstrādājamo again, once a month measured heavy metal content in production. If the content of heavy metals exceeded 200miljondaļ (ppm by weight), i.e., 200miligram-kilogram package or its material or components, the manufacturer shall inform in writing the national Office of environment monitoring, communication including: 3.1. heavy metal content;
3.2. measurement methods used;
3.3. heavy metal content rules over possible reasons;
UR3.4.pas this measure taken to reduce heavy metal contents (detailed description).
4. environmental monitoring national Office shall inform the public about the environmental rules of the manufacturer referred to in paragraph 3 and of the information provided.
5. Packaging and packaging manufacturer provides the heavy metal content of measurement results and measurement methods used description of accessibility State Environmental Department upon his request.
6. all packaging and packaging types different percentage (percentage), a Packager is used for recovery, as well as the dates by which certain amount recoverable in this provision are laid down in annex 1.
7. Packaging or the packaging of which the operator packaging volume in a calendar year is greater than 300kilogram, are obliged to register for the Environment Ministry or its authorized institution within three months from the date when the quantity is exceeded.
8. To register, packer or packaging the operator shall submit to the Ministry of the environment or the authorized institutions concerned in the application. The application shall be accompanied by the merchant copy of the registration certificate, showing the original. Packaging operators in addition to the documents submitted copies of the contracts concluded with Packer for packaging waste management.
9. The provisions of paragraph 6 of the said institutions in packaging or a packaging operator shall issue a certificate of registration.
10. Packaging or packaging operator until May 1 of the current year to be submitted to the national authorities concerned of the environment regional environmental management or environmental monitoring national Office: 10.1 report on production, exported to other countries, or from other countries, the amount and type of packaging (annex 2);
10.2. a report on the collection of packaging waste and resource recovery amount and type (annex 3), if the volume of packaging waste in any calendar year is greater than 300kilogram.
11. The provisions referred to in paragraph 10 of the report shall be submitted to: 11.1. National Environment services of the relevant regional environmental administration? Packer, who has not entered into a contract with the operator of packaging for packaging waste management;
11.2. environmental monitoring national Office? packaging operator that has entered into a contract packer of packaging waste management.
12. As of 2005, the Packager or packaging managers report on production, exported to other countries, or from other countries, the amount and type of packaging, as well as the collection of packaging waste and resource recovery of the amount and type of filling this 2 and 3 of the provisions set out in the annex.
Informative reference to European Union Directive provisions included in the law arising from the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 1994, Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 17 December 2005.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 13 December 2005 the Regulation No 953 the packaging and various types of packaging recovery percentage (percentage) and 1. Packaging material recovery (recycling and energy recovery) volume (%)
table 1 no PO box
The nature of the packaging material in the 2005 December 31, 2006 December 31, December 31, 2007 1.1.
paper, paperboard, wood 56 62 67 1.2.
plastic 15 18 21 1.3.
metal 23 27 30 1.4.
glass together 28 32 35 42 46 50 2. Packaging material processing volume (%)
2. table no PO box
The nature of the packaging material in the 2005 December 31, 2006 December 31, December 31, 2007 2.1.
paper, paperboard, wood 53 56 59 2.2.
plastic 13 14 15 2.3.
metal 23 27 30 2.4.
glass total Of 28 32 35 40 42 45 3. packaging materials recovered energy (%)
table 3 no PO box
The nature of the packaging material in the 2005 December 31, 2006 December 31, 2007 December 31 3.1.
paper, paperboard 3 6 8 3.2.
tree 12 13 14 3.3.
plastic 2 4 6 note.
The packaging of the composites (laminate) recovery percentages (rate) is determined by the weight of the material is superior.
Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis annex 2 Cabinet of 13 December 2005 the Regulation No 953 produced, exported to other countries, or from other countries, the amount and type of packaging, no PO box
The nature of the packaging material produced and disposed of packaging in Latvia the quantity (kg) from other countries imported packaging quantity (kg) exported to other countries, the quantity of packaging (kg) 1 2 3 4 5 1.
Paper, card 4.
The rest of the Pack together environment ministers in place, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis annex 3 Cabinet of 13 December 2005 the Regulation No 953 packaging collection and recovery of the amount of resources and No.
Material for packaging waste in the territory of the Republic of Latvia managed packaging, using the packaging waste sent to other countries for recycling recovery incineration with energy recovery waste incineration plants with energy recovery, recycling and recovery processing recovery in total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (4 + 5 + 6.)
8 9 1.
Paper, card 4.
Other total environmental Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia