Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/124369
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 959 Riga 2005 20 December (pr. No 76 20) welfare sports, work and amusement for holding animals, training and competitions, use or Issued under attractions the animal protection Act 10 paragraph 3 of article i. General questions 1. determine the welfare of the sport, business and amusement animal (animals) for holding training and use in competitions, or attractions.
2. compliance with the provisions under the competence monitor and control food and veterinary service and the environmental protection administration.
3. Event Organizer allows the participation in competitions or animal attractions, if compliance with these provisions.
4. the owner of the Animal may be kept, to train and use animal competitions, work or amusement, if: 4.1 ensure the animal feeding, watering and care;
4.2. animals have provided training and skill maintenance conditions;
4.3. animal behaviour is controlled and, if necessary, the owner of the animal is able to stop the attack on humans or other animals.
5. If the animal is gone, the owner of the animal shall notify the police or the local municipality.
6. changing the animal's owner, former owner of the animal shall record the animal's identity document.
7. The animal owner shall have the right to entrust the animal to another person if that person is able to control the behaviour of the animals and take care of it according to the requirements of this regulation.
8. the endangered species of wild animals to train and use at work, or may be, if they are attractions: 8.1. born in captivity;
8.2. isolated from natural circumstances of the injury or the existence of incompatible conditions.
9. the State Agency "agricultural data centre" (hereinafter referred to as the data center): 9.1. establish and maintain a database of dogs trained to attack humans (hereinafter database);
9.2. within five working days after these regulations 19, 20 and 28 referred to the receipt of the information recorded in the database;
9.3. provides the operators, public authorities, who trained dogs to attack humans, and trained dog owners with dog's registration page (annex 1), reports on page dog owner change (annex 2) and the report on the event pages with dog who trained to attack humans (annex 3);
9.4. free provides State and local authorities, the information in the database;
9.5. free provides dog owner database the information about his dog, trained to attack humans.
10. Before starting to train a dog to attack humans, the dog's owner, in accordance with the State agencies "agricultural data centre" paid service price list prepays for a dog's registration database.
11. The database shall contain the following information: 11.1 for the dog: 11.1.1. identity number;
11.1.4. birth date or age;
11.1.5. holding address;
11.1.6. a description of the animal (variety, color, special features);
11.2. for the dog's owner: 11.2.1. natural persons name, surname and personal code or a legal person, the name and the registration number;
11.2.2. telephone number;
11.3. the person who is training a dog: 11.3.1. natural persons name, surname and personal code;
11.3.2. the type of legal person, the name and the registration number;
11.4. training and training start date;
11.5. the new dog owner (if changing the dog's owner): 11.5.1. natural persons name, surname and personal code or a legal person, the name and the registration number;
11.5.2. telephone number;
11.5.3. new dog holding address;
11.6. details of the dog's death or euthanasia.
12. Data Center database, the existing information about the dog, the owner and the person who trained the dog to attack the man, kept in 25 years, unless you have received that information referred to in paragraph 19.
II. requirements for keeping of animals, the animal owner 13 according to the physical load of the animal provides it: 13.1. full feed;
13.2. freely available water;
13.3. species appropriate freedom of movement or walking at least once a day;
UR13.4.apm candidates in circumstances which most effectively meet the required skills and maintenance, without prejudice to animal health;
13.5 effective rest (working horses every six hours work — two hours rest).
14. The space in which the animals are kept, the animal's size and physiological requirements. Space is provided to the adverse weather conditions (e.g. snow), draughts, vibrations, noise and presence of unauthorised persons.
15. the owner of the Animals may not leave the animal if it endangers other animals or people, or a residence in certain circumstances pose a threat to the same animal.
16. Animal who take sports or job responsibilities or participating attractions, is marked with a chip. The chip contains a unique, life-time, non-removable pin (hereinafter referred to as the identity number), which does not interfere with the animal's well-being and not detrimental to its health, as well as comply with the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 May 2003 of Regulation (EC) No 998/2003 on the animal health requirements applicable to the non-commercial movement of pet animals and amending Council Directive 92/65/EEC. The identification of the animals carried out by a qualified veterinarian.
17. Animal, doing sports or job responsibilities or participating attractions, may not have a muzzle or other accessory (such as a collar, bridle).
18.Ne less than once a year, the owner of the animal provides certified veterinarian to the animal.
19. the owner, owning a dog that is trained to attack humans, within five working days after the dog's death or euthanasia sends the data center to fill the message for the event with the dog who trained to attack humans.
20. If the dog is trained to attack humans, is seized, the former owner of the dog within five working days after the dog's owner to Exchange sends the data center report completed for the dog's owner.
21. at the end of the working life of the animal, the animal's owner to ensure the animal's physiological needs zoopsiholoģiskaj and appropriate housing conditions or the animal seized and transferred to another person who can provide the above requirements, or animal euthanased.
III. Requirements for training of animals 22. Training animals: 22.1. follow the workout load match animal adaptation abilities;
22.2. does not use these methods and do not create conditions that could harm the health of the animal;
22.3. provide appropriate training and training to gradually develop skills and ensure their conservation throughout the animal's life.
23. animal can train a person who is: 23.1. The education law in the national formal education recognised in attesting to the person's knowledge of the species of animals Physiology trainees, zoopsiholoģij, welfare and training;
23.2. knowledge training equipment.
24. by the end of the course the owner or keeper of the animal is able to control the behaviour of the animals.
25. A Person who is trained to perform the job function of animals or trained the dog to attack humans, the animal's identity document shall indicate the following: 25.1. your name, surname and personal code (physical person) or the name and number of the registration (legal person);
25.2. the nature of the training;
25.3. training and training course end date.
26. A dog trained to attack humans to the merchant or the public authority which, in accordance with the regulations is entitled to engage in such activities and has received a written request of the owner of the animal, which contains the following information: 26.1. for the dog: 26.1.1. identity number;
26.1.4. date of birth or age;
26.1.5. holding office;
26.1.6. Description of the animal (variety, color, special features);
26.2. the owner shall: 26.2.1. natural persons name, surname and personal code of the person type, name and registration number;
26.2.2. phone number.
27. A Person who is training a dog to attack a human, take the animals and their owners trained accounting log. The journal noted that rule the information referred to in paragraph 28.
28. The Person who trained the dog to attack the man, before a dog training course sends the data center of the dog's registration page with the following information: 28.1. for the dog: 28.1.1. identity number;
28.1.4. birth date or age;
UR28.1.5.tur eating places;
UR28.1.6.dz īvniek description (variety, color, special features);
28.2. the owner: 28.2.1. natural persons name, surname and personal code or a legal person, the name and the registration number;
28.2.2. telephone number;
17.6. about the person who is training a dog: 28.3.1. natural persons name, surname and personal code;
28.3.2. type of legal person, the name and the registration number;
28.4. training and training start date.
IV. Requirements for the use of animals in competition, or 29. Animal attractions can be used in races, or attractions, if it did not have injuries and not sick.
30. The amusement or matches the owner of the animal, as well as the event organizer shall ensure that the animal does not cause risk to another animal and human safety, health and life.
V. closing question 31. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 March 2006.
Prime Minister a. farming Minister kalvītis, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 1 March 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia