Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/124840
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 992 Riga 2005 20 December (pr. No 76 52) provisions concerning Seaman's book issued in accordance with the maritime administration and the Maritime Security Act, article 27 of the fourth part i. General questions 1. determines the sailors ' notebook information and procedures for the State joint stock company "Latvian maritime administration" seafarers ' register (hereinafter register of Seafarers) presented the issue, Exchange, suspend, revoke, invalidate and lists the sailors ' notebook.
2. Seaman's book holder is responsible for its safekeeping and not allowed to seaman's book illegal use.
3. the issue of the seaman's book is a free service that rates determined in accordance with the maritime administration and the Maritime Security Act. the second subparagraph of article 6.
II. content of the seaman's book and presentation 4. Seaman's book is made according to a uniform model (annex 1). Bury St. in Seaman's book shall be made according to the international civil aviation organisation (ICAO) information document DOC 9303 "machine readable travel documents" machine lasāmaj passports.
5. Seaman's book in the main data page inserts a scanned photograph and signature of the seafarers, as well as the following details on: 5.1. name, surname;
5.3. personal code;
5.4. date and place of birth;
5.5. the gender, height and special features;
5.6. the qualification certificate (diploma) number and date of issue;
5.7. after the election — Seaman's Seaman's home address;
5.8. after the elections — seafarers persons shall be informed, in case of accident (name, relationship, address).
6. Seaman's book in the main datasheet specifies the following information about the seaman's book: 6.1 type and country code;
6.3. the date of issue;
6.4. the period of validity;
6.5. issuing authority.
7. the seaman's book in the main datasheet machine readable zones included in the document. Machine readable zone specifies the name of the seafarer Latvian language without using diacritics burtzīm.
8. in addition to the seaman's book indicates the following: 8.1. data on the qualification course end;
8.2. information relating to ships;
8.3. Latvian and foreign officials in official records;
8.4. the register of seafarers (issuing authority) address, phone and fax numbers, electronic mail address.
9. the name of the Seafarer Seaman's book indicates, according the rules of Latvian language Latvian alphabet. If the Mariner's first or last name spelling of Seaman's book in the main data page differs from the spelling of sailor in the identity that they are written in other languages, oriģinālform Seaman's book the box of "Latvian and foreign officials in official records" indicate the sailor's name and surname Latin letters according to the seamen's identity document.
10. entries shall be made in the seaman's book the register of seafarers, excluding recordings columns "Latvian and foreign officials in official records" and "news about working on ships". The column "news about working on ships" fills the vessel and confirm the entry with the signature and stamp of the ship. The column "Latvian and foreign officials in official records" Latvian or foreign competent authorities shall mark the foreign border crossing.
11. If you changed the message on the qualifications of seafarers (certificates of compe ten ces or course certificate), Seaman's address or this provision specified in point 5.8 below the person submitting the seaman, sailor. The register of seafarers shall be in the seaman's book records.
12. the register of Seafarers of the seaman's book in the process of designing a test of personal information, including information about the person's criminal record. The register of seafarers shall be entitled to request explanations and additional documents that confirms that the person is a sailor, and certifies the accuracy of the information supplied by the person.
III. the seaman's book issued 13. Seafarer who wishes to receive or Exchange the seaman's book, register of seafarers issued application form (annex 2) and seaman's registration card (annex 3).
14. Seafarer application form and fill in the seaman's registration card and confirms to the merchant that provides direct or intermediary service person out of work on board ships (hereinafter employer), or maritime (hereinafter educational institution).
15. in order to receive or Exchange the sailor, seaman produced the register of Seafarers of the Latvian citizens, non-citizens passport or passport or travel document for foreigners in the Republic of Latvia, the issue of refugee or stateless person's travel document by the citizenship and Migration Board issued a permanent residence permit (hereinafter referred to as passport) and submit the following original documents: 15.1 application form and seaman's registration card;
15.2. certificates of competency;
15.3. maritime education and training course of end of supporting documents;
15.4. the maritime education program students — a document that circle the fight that the person is a student (a student/student card or a certificate from the education authorities);
15.5. two photographs made under this provision 4. Add to the KUMU (two photos);
15.6. Seaman's book, which has expired or who wants to exchange the seafarer pursuant to chapter IV of these regulations (if a seaman's Seaman's book issued).
16. After the submission of all the required documents in the register of Seafarers of the seaman's book issued by the following term: 16.1 normal — seven working days;
16.2. the urgency of order (at the request of the seafarers): two working days;
16.3. If a seaman's book the lost (this rule in the case in chapter V),-30 days;
16.4. If a seaman's book the void this provision in accordance with the procedure laid down in paragraph 27.5, 30 days.
17. a Person who is employed in a foreign shipping company, which has no representation in the Republic of Latvia, the seaman's book issued, if the person is registered in the register of seafarers certification database. In this case, the person filling out and submitting the register of Seafarers that rule 14 above documents without operator approval.
18. the issue of Latvian citizens and non-citizens, the seaman's book has a following: 18.1. If a person receives a seaman's book, for the first time — five years;
18.2. If a person receives a seaman's book repeatedly, — 10 years;
18.3. If the person in the seaman's book was withdrawn in accordance with the provisions of subparagraph 17.1. — five years.
19. Maritime higher and secondary education students Seaman's book issued for training time, seafarers ' professional continuing education students, for one year.
20. Refugees and stateless persons who are in the Republic of Latvia issued refugee or stateless person's document, and the seaman's book issued to foreigners on the validity of the permanent residence permit, but not more than five years.
IV. Exchange of Seaman's book 21. register of Seafarers at the request of the seafarer exchanges (issue new) Seaman's book before this provision chapter III contains the expiration date if: 21.1. Seaman's book expires during the planned trip;
21.2. changed these rules specified in paragraph 5 of the report;
21.3. the found inaccuracies in records;
21.4. Seaman's book is not the place for new entries.
21.5. Seaman's book is corrupted (mechanical or other damage, which is not possible to identify the person or read Seaman's book contains information);
21.6. Seaman's book of laws in unexpected.
V. recognition of Seaman's book of 22. If Seaman's book is lost, stolen, lost or destroyed, the sailor to get new sailor, Seaman's passport in the register and those provisions specified in point 15 and the following original documents: valid 22.1. Mariner's explanation of the seaman's book is lost, stolen, theft or destruction;
22.2. the State police response to personal application (cases where the seaman's book stolen or hijacked).
23. the register of seafarers recognize the lost, stolen, destroyed or lost a sailor's book. To be invalid also recognises the seaman's book, which has not been made in the register of Seafarers that rule 30 in accordance with the procedure laid down in point, and the seaman's book, on which the owner received this rule 27.4. the information referred to.
24. According to the legislation on an invalid document register register of seafarers in the news about invalid sailor books include the invalid document register.
Vi. the refusal to issue a seaman's book 25. register of Seafarers shall not be issued if the seaman's book: UR25.1.nav submit all the required documents or refuses to provide seafarers requested clarification related to the receipt of the seaman's book;
25.2. Mariner submitted invalid documents;
25.3. a sailor with a court decision found guilty of serious or particularly serious crime;
25.4. the sailor or the employer or educational institution provided false statements;
25.5. the submission form and seaman's registration card approved by merchant, which do not have the right to deal with job placement services for the premises of persons working on board ships.
VII. Seaman's book on hold 26. register of Seafarers detained Seaman's book if: 26.1. certificates of competency are suspected, maritime education, Seaman's book, sea, medical qualification certificate or other evidence of formal qualifications of seafarers document (for example, course certificates) up to the counterfeits of the law enforcement authorities;
26.2. found invalid use of seafarers.
VIII. Seaman's book 27 cancellation of register of Seafarers shall withdraw when a seaman's book: 27.1. no longer exist or have changed circumstances, on the basis of which the person received the seaman's book;
27.2. sailor with a court decision found guilty of serious or particularly serious crime;
27.3. seaman, employer or educational institution provided false statements;
27.4. received news of the death of seafarers;
27.5. found this rule 26.1. seafarers referred to in paragraph at the bottom of document forgery.
IX. The decision on refusal to grant the seaman's book, and the cancellation of detention 28. Decision on the refusal to issue a seaman's book, the book of seafarers or cancellation of Seafarers hold Malawi register shall notify the seafarer in writing.
29. If a seaman's book is annulled this provision 16.3 and 17.1. in the case referred to in subparagraph, register of seafarers in the decision indicates that the seafarer is entitled to receive the new Seaman's book. This period shall not exceed three years.
30. Seaman, within 15 days after the decision on the book puts into force the cancellation of a seaman's book the register of seafarers.
31. the decision on the detention of the seaman's book and the cancellation of register of seafarers shall notify the owner or operator of the ship to which the person works whether the trader carrying out work placements of persons on board.
32. In this chapter, the register of seafarers referred to in decisions sailor may be challenged in the Ministry of transport of the administrative procedure law.
Seaman book x. 33. Seafarers ' records of the register records the received and spent in the form of Seaman's book, as well as the seaman's book issued, recognized as invalid, the Exchange, suspended and cancelled.
XI. concluding issues 34. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet may 27, 2003 No. 279 of the rules "rules for the seaman's book information and use of the seaman's book order".
35. Seaman's book issued up to the entry into force of the moment, they are valid until the expiry date.
36. the rules shall enter into force on January 1, 2006.
Prime Minister a. Halloween traffic Minister a. shlesers Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on January 1, 2006.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 20 December 2005, regulations No 992 traffic Minister a. shlesers annex 2 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 December 2005, regulations No 992 traffic Minister a. shlesers annex 3 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 December 2005, regulations No 992 traffic Minister a. shlesers annex 4 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 December 2005, regulations No 992 instructions for Seaman's book of photos of the design to ensure quality of Seaman's book presentation , photos to the following requirements: 1. the Photo size: 35 x 45 mm ± 1 mm. Photos are made from fotonegatīv, without the white ears.
2. the dimensions of the Face in the photograph — the distance between the eyes is 7 ± 3 mm, the distance from the eye to the centre line of the Chin (extreme points) is 15 ± 2 mm. the distance from the head to the top edge of the photograph is 6.3 ± 2 mm. Photos are in color.
4. The photo paper is a smooth, bright surface or pusmatēt, no raster or terrain.
5. Photos of the background is uniform, white or light gray. If the photo in the background is a different color or dark, it is invalid.
6. position the head — front view or small head turning.
7. Facial expression — an ingenuous (permissible smile).
8. Clothing: casual dress properly. The ceiling will not be photographed (such as coat, jacket) and with Topper, as well as with the bare upper body.
9. Lighting — equal to both sides of the face. If the shooting is used in art photography for light effects (such as skylights), photography is not valid.
10. photo tolerated changes compared with fotonegatīv.
11. Color photograph must not dominate any of the colors in the photo-developing technology.
12. The image must be correctly adjusted for quality, with a sharpness, without scratches and damage.
13. If a person wears glasses, may be photographed with glasses. Photography is not permitted in or on the nose with dark hooded glasses. Reflections spectacle glasses not to cover the eyes.
14. Photographs made not earlier than three months before the submission of the seaman's book.
Traffic Minister a. shlesers
Search Translated Laws of Latvia