Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/124782
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 987, Riga 2005 20 December (pr. 76. § 25) National Agency "Latvian geospatial information agency" Regulations Issued under the public agency law article 8, the first and third part i. General questions 1. Public Agency "Latvian geospatial information agency" (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is the Defence Minister's monitoring in the public administration. Defense Minister overseeing the Agency is implemented by the Ministry of defence.
2. the Agency's activities aimed at the implementation of the national policy of Geodesy cartography and geospatial information.
II. Agency functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: UR3.1.ieg dry, process and maintain geographic base data for civil and military applications;
3.2. to create and develop a common geographical base data information system;
3.3. in accordance with the competence to cooperate with State and local institutions, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization member States, no information on the European Union and the competent international organisations, as well as give them and the public, cartographic and geodetic geospatial information.
4. in order to implement certain features, Agency: UR4.1.ier TCO and maintain a national geodetic network (including global positioning (GPS) of the base station network);
4.2. the uzmēr State border;
4.3. carry out the national topographic mapping, including: a land surface of UR4.3.1.ieg pictures and information tālizpēt;
4.3.2. making ortofotokarta;
4.3.3. create country digital surface model;
4.3.4. make up air navigation maps;
4.4. create and maintain a database of place names;
UR4.5.ieg, processes and maintains a national geographic base data and metadata, create and maintain geospatial information infrastructure;
4.6. create and maintain geodetic and cartographic archival materials;
4.7. in the printing works;
4.8. manufactures and maintains military Geodesy and cartography;
4.9. geodesy, cartography of the supports and the geographical distribution of the rating;
4.10 according to the competence participates in national and international projects and organize them;
4.11. carries out research, cartography and Geodesy applied toponīmik;
4.12. the public agency's research materials;
4.13. prepares and publishes the geographical name and place names in the catalogues and dictionaries;
4.14. maintain and develop the activities of the Agency the necessary infrastructure;
4.15. According to competency development and make proposals to improve the laws;
4.16. performs other tasks.
5. the Agency's functions and tasks according to the medium-term business strategy and approved the operational plan for the year, the current year's budget and management contracts, which the Defense Minister and a Director of the Agency.
6. the Agency shall have the following rights: 6.1 legislation in order to request and receive, free of charge agency information necessary for the performance of the natural and legal persons;
6.2. According to the Pricelist of services of the fee charge for services, cartography, Geodesy and geospatial data ģeoinformācij, cartographic and printing materials to appear;
6.3. collaborate with geodesy, map and geospatial information the grāfij bodies, research institutions and other institutions in Latvia and abroad, participate in national and international geodesy, cartography and geospatial information programmes;
6.4. to receive donations, donations and foreign financial assistance;
6.5. to purchase according to the laws and regulations governing procurement procedures at the national and local needs.
III. Agency structure and administration 7. led the Agency's Director. The Director of the Agency shall be carried out * des installations Act direct authorities managerial functions and public agency law. The Director of the Agency can be alternates.
8. The Director of the Agency shall be specified in the Agency's structure, as well as the heads of the departments functions and competence.
9. The Director of the Agency is responsible for the administration of the Agency and the performance of the contract, as well as the State budget allocated for targeted and effective.
10. The Director of the Agency under the competency is a representative to the national cartography and cadastre organization Association of EuroGeographic, the International Cartographic Association (ICA), the International Association of Geodesy (IGA), a United Nations expert group on Geospatial name (4TH) and the international society of tālizpēt and fotogrammetrij (ISPRA).
11. the Agency may create a territorial unit. The Agency's structure units work in accordance with the rules approved by the Agency's Director.
IV. the Agency's assets and the financing arrangements with its 12 agency possession passed to the Act public law agency in article 16.
13. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 13.1. Government grants from the general revenue;
13.2. donations and gifts;
13.3. foreign financial help;
UR13.4.ie hospitality structures of the agency fees and other revenue.
14. the law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to conclude a leasing contract, as well as to open accounts for credit institutions. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance in the documentation prepared by the Agency coordinate with the Defense Ministry.
V. activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 15. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, the stuffy nose or the relevant application to the Agency Director. The Director of the Agency's decision may appeal to the Court.
16. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions (except paragraph 15 of these provisions in that decision) and actual action can be a challenge for the Ministry of Defense. The Ministry of defence decision may appeal to the Court.
17. The Director of the Agency in the administration of the contract within the time limits and procedures presented in the current Ministry of defence and the annual report on the administration of the contract and the use of financial resources.
Vi. Agency Advisory Council 18. To ensure effective functioning of the Agency, as well as assess the prospects of development of the sector and support its continuous, high-quality and diversified development, establish the Agency's Advisory Board. The Agency's Advisory Board is composed of the following institutions are authorised agents: 18.1. Ministry of defence;
18.2. Regional development and local government Ministry;
18.3. the Ministry of transport;
18.4. The Ministry of Justice;
18.5. The Ministry of the environment;
18.6. the Ministry of agriculture;
11.6. the special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs Secretariat.
19. the Agency's Advisory Board headed by its Chairman, the representative of the Ministry of defence.
20. the Chairman of the Board of the Agency shall be entitled to the Agency's Advisory Council in an advisory capacity to invite other State and local officials, as well as professionals in the sectors concerned and the representatives of non-governmental organizations.
21. the Agency's Advisory Board has the following tasks: 21.1. to promote the Agency's efficient implementation of development strategies;
21.2. the activities of the Agency to promote compliance with the national policy and strategy;
21.3. promote and support the Agency's competence in the matter and exercise involved national and municipal institutions, non-governmental organizations, natural and legal persons, as well as foreign institutions.
22. the Agency's Advisory Board operates in accordance with the regulations approved by the Minister of defence.
23. the Agency's working facilities Advisory Board provides the Agency.
VII. final question 24. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2006.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Defence Minister instead of Minister of Justice – s. Āboltiņ Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by 1 January 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia