Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/130022
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 180, Riga, 7 March 2006 (pr. No 13 9) non-automatic weight rules for the assessment of conformity Issued in accordance with the law "on conformity assessment" and article 7 of the law "on a uniformity of measurements" 6. the second paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Specifies the essential requirements for these non-automatic weighing instruments and mechanisms for monitoring compliance with the requirements in the design, manufacture and conformity assessment, before the non-automatic weight is placed on the internal market, as well as the market surveillance procedures.
2. the weight of the measuring tool to determine weight of the body with the force of gravity on that body. Weights can be used to determine other mass-related magnitudes, values, parameters or characteristics. Non-automatic weight is needed during the operation in the operator's participation.
3. There are two weight categories of use: 3.1 category that determines the use of the instrument: 3.1.1. determination of mass for commercial transactions;
3.1.2. determination of mass for the calculation of duties, tariffs, taxes, premiums, fines, compensation, indemnity or similar payments;
3.1.3. determination of mass for the legal or statutory cases, as well as the expert opinion of the Court;
3.1.4. the body mass to determine treatment, to assess and monitor patients ' physical development, diagnosed with the disease and determine treatment;
3.1.5. determination of mass for making up medicines on to recipes, as well as the determination of mass in analyses carried out in medical and pharmaceutical laboratories study;
3.1.6. determination of mass for the calculation of the fee for marketing and product packaging;
3.2. category, which defines the General provisions 3.1. — This section does not mention — uses.
4. The rules referred to in point 3.1., the use of weight of the categories, if they comply with the rules laid down in annex 1 essential requirements and applicable standards, they carried out the conformity assessment procedures (annex 2), they have the CE conformity marking (annex 3) and the green label with black M, positioned in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 15. Essential requirements shall not apply to or contained in the attached weighing devices that are not used in this provision, the use referred to in point 3.1., category.
5. The Ministry of economy in cooperation with the relevant technical standards Committee recommends limited liability company "Latvian standards" in connection with these terms and the applicable standard, Adaptive list.
6. Limited liability company "Latvian standards" submit for publication in the newspaper "journal" the Latvian National Standard, a list of applicable requirements of these regulations (hereinafter referred to as the applicable standards).
II. Evaluation of conformity 7. Conformity of this provision with the essential requirements of annex 2 may be furnished by the following procedures chosen by the applicant: 7.1. Ec type assessment (annex 2), which follows the EC declaration of conformity to type (guarantee of production quality) (Appendix 2) or EC verification (annex 2). EC type assessment is mandatory for weights that do not use electronic devices and whose load measuring device does not use a spring load balancing. In these cases, conformity of certified with EC declaration of conformity to type (guarantee of production quality) or the EC verification.
7.2. EC unit verification (annex 2).
8. Documentation that relates to this provision in section 7 procedures shall be drawn up in the language of a Member State of the European Union, which shall carry out the procedure, or in a language acceptable to the conformity assessment body.
9. Where the instruments are subject to other requirements of the law, which also provide for the affixing of the CE marking, the "CE" marking on the instruments indicates that they also comply with the requirements of this regulation.
10. The weight of the conformity assessment procedures laid down in the provisions of paragraph 7, by a conformity assessment body, for which the European Commission has published a notice in the official journal of the European Union and the Ministry of economy published a notice in the newspaper "Gazette" (notified body).
11. the conformity assessment body shall: 11.1. limited liability company "Latvian National Metrology Centre ';
11.2. institutions that are accredited by the national agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau": 11.2.1. According to the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 "the competence of testing and calibration laboratories-General requirements" and standard EN 45011 "EN: 2004 General requirements for institutions dealing with product certification systems" to carry out the EC type assessment procedures;
11.2.2. the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 "the competence of testing and calibration laboratories-General requirements" and the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17020:2005 "the main criteria for the various types of bodies performing inspection" to carry out the EC verification or EC unit verification procedures;
11.2.3. According to standard EN 45012: EN 2004 "General requirements quality system assessment and certification/registration bodies", to carry out the EC surveillance.
12. The institution shall comply with the provisions set out in annex 4 of the conformity assessment bodies notification criteria if it is to fulfil the relevant applicable standards.
13. the Ministry of the economy shall notify the European Commission and the other Member States of the European Union on conformity assessment bodies that meet the rule's requirements and paragraph 11 which assigned ID number.
14. Economic Ministry withdraws the notification and publication of the newspaper "Gazette", if the conformity assessment bodies satisfies that rule 4. the criteria set out in the annex.
III. the CE conformity marking and inscriptions 15. This provision is laid down in annex 5. marking and inscriptions the instruments deployed so as to be clearly visible, easily legible and indelible.
16. The instruments should not deploy the marking, which may be confused with the "CE" marking.
17. If the rules referred to in point 3.1. category of use include weighing device or add a device, which does not take these provisions referred to in chapter II conformity assessment procedures on each of the following devices deployed to limit the use of symbols (annex 4). This symbol on the device deployed in such a way as to be clearly visible and indelible.
IV. Market surveillance market surveillance bodies 18. features: 18.1. State metrological inspection — this rule 3.1. category of use referred to in the instruments;
18.2. Consumer protection — this provision as referred to in point 3.2, use category weights.
19. If the state metrological inspection finds that weights that are properly installed and used for the purposes intended, CE marking and the green label with black M imposed unduly and do not meet the requirements of these provisions, the state metrological inspection shall take appropriate measures to prohibit or restrict the use and placing on the market and shall inform the Ministry of economy of the measures taken.
20. the Ministry of the economy shall inform the European Commission of state metrological inspection measures and indicate the grounds for the decision: 20.1. these provisions non-compliance with the essential requirements of annex 2, if the weights do not meet the applicable standards;
20.2. the incorrect application of the standards;
20.3. the deficiencies in the applicable standards.
21. If the European Commission approves the rule in paragraph 20 of that decision, the state metrological inspection of suspended weight into the market, prohibit their use and inform the Ministry of the economy. The Ministry of economy shall inform the European Commission and the other Member States of the European Union on the formal representation of the perceived inconsistencies and measures taken.
22. If the state metrological inspection finds that weight is attached to the irrelevant "CE" marking and the green label with black M, it shall inform the non-compliance with the European Union, the manufacturer or his authorised representative and request to impose those rules corresponding to the weight of the CE marking of conformity and the green label with black M. If non-compliance persists, state metrological inspection stops the weight into the market or ensure the withdrawal from the market.
23. in order to ensure that the weights are marked with the CE marking of conformity and the green label with black M and put into service according to the rules referred to in point 3.1 of the weight category of use, to comply with the requirements of this regulation in the future, such state metrological control: 23.1. verification, two years after the CE conformity marking and re-connect the verification procedure laid down by the legislation;
23.2. state metrological supervision.
24. the state metrological supervision weight at the point of sale, the state metrological inspection verifies that the weight that is realized according to the rules referred to in point 3.1 of the weight category of use, are provided with the following statement of conformity:
24.1. the manufacturer's copy of the Declaration of conformity, which adds weight, insert them into the market. If compliance with this rules weight 2. essential requirements of annex a certified with the EC declaration of conformity to type procedure declaration must be identified, notified body that carried out the EC surveillance;
24.2. the EC certificate of conformity and, if the copy is a modular approach, Declaration of compatibility of modules if compliance with that weight 2. essential requirements of annex a certified with EC verification;
24.3. the weight of the attached device test certificate that identifies the notified body.
25. the state metrological supervision rules referred to in point 3.1., categories of use, use of the instrument of state metrological inspection shall verify: 25.1. weight conform to the approved type;
25.2. the CE conformity marking and the green label with black letters on the validity of the weight M;
25.3. the recurrence of verification;
25.4. weight conform to the approved type, the "CE" marking and the green label with black M being the weight after the repair.
V. closing question 26. Weights that are placed in service in until the field governed these rules into force, allowed to use up to 31 December 2015.
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) the European Council of 20 June 1990 directive 90/384/EEC on the harmonization of the laws of the Member States relating to non-automatic weighing instruments;
2) the European Council of 22 July 1993 of Directive 93/68/EEC amending Directive 87/404/EEC (simple pressure vessels), 88/378/EEC (safety of toys), 89/106/EEC (construction products), 89/336/EEC (electromagnetic compatibility), 89/392/EEC (machinery), 89/686/EEC (personal protective equipment), 90/384/EEC (non-automatic weighing instruments), 90/385/EEC (active implantable medical devices), 90/396/EEC (appliances burning gaseous fuels) , 91/263/EEC (telecommunications terminal equipment), 92/42/EEC (new water heaters that heat with liquid or gaseous fuels) and 73/23/EEC (electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits).
Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister A.r. Kariņš Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on March 11, 2006.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 7 March 2006, regulations no 180 essential non-automatic weighing instruments i. General requirements 1. essential requirements apply to these regulations as referred to in point 3.1., categories do not automatically use weights.
2. Outlets don't use automatic weight indicating devices and printers intended for seller and buyer, comply with the essential requirements. If you are not an automatic weighing instrument equipped or connected with more than one indicating device or printer device that repeats the weighing results and cannot affect the proper operation of the weight, do not have to meet the essential requirements if the weighing results correctly and indelibly printed or recorded weight of the share corresponding to the essential requirements, and if the results available both in weighing the relevant parties.
II. Metrological requirements 3. Weight units: SI units — 3.1 kilogram, microgram, milligram, gram, tonne;
3.2 English inches, pound, ounce, Troy ounce;
3.3. other units: metric carat (ct) for weighing precious stones.
4. If an automatic weighing instruments used in this annex referred to in point 3.2 English inches, the conversion shall be carried out by simple interpolation.
5. Non-automatic weighing instruments are defined in the following class: 5.1 accuracy especially — I; 5.2. high fidelity — II; 5.3 average accuracy — III; 5.4. normal accuracy — IIIA. 6. Accuracy class specification is given in table 1.
1. the table class verification scale interval (e) minimum (Min) number of verification, n = Max/e minimum value minimum value, maximum value of 100 1 2 3 4 5 g ≤ e e I 0.001 — 0.001 g ≤ e 50000 II ≤ 0.05 g 20 e 0.1 g ≤ e 50 100 100000 e 0.1 g ≤ e III 5000 100000 ≤ e ≤ 2 g 20 g 100 10000 5 e 20 e 500 10000 IIII 5 g ≤ e
e 10 100 1000 7. Tariff for the definition of class II and III for the minimum weight limit reduced to 5 e. 8. Verification interval: interval 8.1 (d) and (e) the verification interval expressed in 1 x 10 k, 2 × 10 k or 5 x 10 k mass units (where k is a positive or negative whole number or zero);
8.2. weights without indicating the value of the accessories d is equal to the verification interval e (d = e);
8.3. instrument with the indicating devices the following conditions shall apply: e = 1 × 10 k d e g and ≤ 10 < (these requirements do not apply to class I instruments that Hey; d
126.96.36.199. maximum limit Maxr = Max Maxr;
188.8.131.52. the minimum limit for mini Maxi-Min1 = 1 and = Min where i — individual weighing range (i = 1, 2, ..., r);
r — the total number of individual weighing range;
9.3.4. all weighing limits regardless of any tare weight value used to refer to the net weight;
9.3.5. the individual weighing ranges are classified according to table 2 of this annex. All individual weighing ranges fall into one weight class of accuracy.
2. the table class verification scale interval (e) minimum (Min) number of verification of the minimum value minimum value n = Maxi/e (i + 1) maximum value n = Maxi/ei 0.001 g ≤ ei I 1 2 3 4 5 100 — 0.001 g ≤ ei 50000 II ei ≤ 0.1 g to 0.005 g 20 ei ei ei 50 5000 100000 ≤ 0.1 g ≤ ei III 5000 100000 ≤ 2 g 20 g ≤ ei 500 10000 IIII 5 ei 10 ei 50
If i = 1000 r, apply the appropriate table 1, column (e) replacing with er.
I — individual weighing range (i = 1, 2, ..., r);
r — the total number of individual weighing range.
10. Accuracy: 10.1. implementation of this provision in paragraph 7 of the procedure, the display of error must not exceed the maximum permissible error of indication specified in table 3 of this annex. Digital display error corrected, including the rounding error. Maximum permissible errors apply to the net and tare weight values for all possible loads, excluding the tare weight of the fitted values;
10.2. maximum permissible errors in the use of the instrument is twice larger than that prescribed in paragraph 10.1 of the annex the maximum permissible errors.
table 3 load maximum permissible error class I class II 0 ≤ m ≤ 0 ≤ m ≤ 5000 50000 e e e e ± 0.5 50000
Search Translated Laws of Latvia