Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/131497
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 222 Riga 2006 (21 March. No 16 37) Government communication Coordination Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration facilities article 13 of the law on the general issue of i. 1. Government Communications Coordination Council (hereinafter Council) is the Cabinet of Ministers created a consultative body, whose collegiate goal is to coordinate the Ministry and the Minister with special responsibility for the activities of the Secretariat in the field of communication to enhance the public information process for Government and institutions of public administration and promote public involvement in the decision-making process.
II. the Council functions, tasks and rights 2. The Council has the following functions: 2.1 coordinate government communications policy;
2.2. to give the Prime Minister and Cabinet of Ministers proposals in the field of communication.
3. the Council shall have the following tasks: coordinate communications 3.1 policy planning document (including the communications policy of the Government guidelines) and to prepare proposals for a new communications policy of the Government planning documents, as well as their implementation of the laws required for the project;
3.2. to give proposals to the Prime Minister on the interinstitutional working group established a separate Government communications policy issues;
3.3. to consider the Ministry and the Minister with special responsibility for the Secretariat by cations divisional work plans and coordinate their implementation;
3.4. develop communication plans for separate national regulatory issues involved in resolving them, if three or more of the institutions, and to ensure that the implementation of the plan;
3.5. to give the Prime Minister and Cabinet of Ministers proposals for the Government and public communication and community engagement in the horse Government decision-making process;
3.6. once a year, submit a report to the Prime Minister on the Council's activities.
4. the Council shall have the following rights: 4.1 according to competence to request and receive from the Government for information on the work of the Council no information;
4.2. invite experts, as well as State and local government bodies and officials of other institutions in an advisory capacity to participate in the meetings of the Council.
III. composition of the Council and agenda 5. Council members are all Ministry and Minister of special duties of the Secretary of the Department of communication of riāt managers, officials or employees in the respective institution is responsible for communications with the public, State Chancellery of the Deputy Director of the policy planning and coordination Affairs, Chancellor Communications Department Chief and his Deputy, as well as the European Union Information Agency Director.
6. the Council by order approve the personnel of the Prime Minister.
7. the Council shall be headed by a Chancellor Communications Department head.
8. the head of the Council in the absence of the head of the Council of the duties of Deputy Chairman of the Council.
9. the functions of the Secretariat of the Council to comply with the national registry.
10. the Council supports the Council meeting agenda, convene and chair the meetings of the Council, sign the decisions of the Council, the minutes and other documents, and throw the pad without express authorisation by the representative Council.
11. each Member of the Governing Council shall have the right to lodge questions for inclusion in the regular session of the Council agenda, informing the Secretariat of the Council, not later than five working days before the Council meeting.
12. the Secretariat of the Council of the institutional Council provides sitting and not later than four working days before the meeting of the Council electronically to the members of the Council and invited persons meeting agenda and materials escalated.
13. The Council shall hold its meetings not less than once a month (usually the last Thursday of each month). Council meetings are closed.
IV. Council decisions 14. the Council is valid if its sitting on more than half of the Board members.
15. the Council shall take decisions by an open vote, with a simple majority. If the vote splits in the casting is the head of the Council.
16. the members of the Council will ensure the implementation of the decisions of the institutions will be represented and shall present to the Council a report on the implementation of decisions taken or their status.
17. the minutes of the Council. The Council recorded in the meeting agenda, meeting participants, and the decisions taken.
18. The secretariat of the Council within three working days after the Council meeting to send the electronic check Council electro the minutes of the proceedings of all the Council members. The Council's decision shall be transmitted to all relevant knowledge institutions and officials.
Prime Minister a. Halloween special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs j. Rare Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 30 March 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia