Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/132344
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 250 in Riga 2006 (April 4. No. 19) order in which served the passenger and freight road transport certificates of professional competence Issued in accordance with article 6 of the law on road transport of the fourth and fifth paragraph of article 30 and the law "About the regulated professions and the recognition of professional qualifications" in article 18, the eighth part i. General questions 1. determines the order in which the person issued the passenger and freight road transport certificates of professional competence, as well as minimum requirements for the carriage driver's professional activities.
2. the rules shall apply to the following types of carriage: 2.1. international passenger transport;
2.2. international road haulage;
2.3. Inland passenger transport;
2.4. the domestic freight transport.
II. Professional competence certificate 3. Professional competence certificate (hereinafter certificate) (annex 1) confirms its owner's compliance with the certificate of professional competence in the mode of transport.
4. Ministry of transportation shall issue a certificate to the person in accordance with the requirements of this regulation have successfully passed the exam.
5. the certificate shall indicate the number of the rule referred to in paragraph 2, the types of road transport.
6. the certificate shall contain the following information: 6.1 the certificate serial number;
6.2. the certificate holder's name;
6.3. the holder of a certificate of birth, and date; a ta vie
6.4. examination date;
6.5. the mode of transport;
6.6. the Cabinet of Ministers regulations and the number under which the issue of certificates of professional competence;
6.7. the certificate, the place and date of issue;
6.8. the Ministry's Road Traffic Department Director or his Deputy's signature;
6.9. the examination Commission Chairman or his Deputy's signature.
7. The certificate is in A4 format on firm Tan paper. This rule 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5 and 6.7. data referred to in the certificate, printed with a desktop machine.
III. Professional knowledge and skills 8. To obtain a certificate, the person has the necessary knowledge and skills in the following areas: 8.1. transport operations in the Republic of Latvia regulatory laws, international conventions and treaties, European Union legislation;
8.2. business management and organisation of road transport (logistics);
8.3. business financial and economic management;
8.4. Merchant obligations, duties and responsibilities.
9. The minimum professional knowledge and skills for each of these rules referred to in paragraph 2, the road way specified in annex 2 to these regulations. The level of knowledge and skills may not be lower than the level achieved by the end of secondary school education or compulsory education, vocational training and additional technical training or technical educational training.
IV. Training courses 10. Training courses organized under the programs, which are developed in accordance with the provisions of chapter III and in annex 2.
11. The course duration in respect of international passenger and freight transport at least 80 hours of training, but in terms of domestic passengers and cargo — at least 50 hours of training.
12. following the successful completion of the training course to the person issuing the document, including the following: 12.1 the institution which organises training courses (training establishment);
12.2. the number of the document;
12.3. the holder of the document name, date and place of birth;
12.4. the period during which the course was held;
12.5. Learn program (road type);
12.6. date and place of issue;
12.7. the training manager of the authority, the name and signature.
V. exam and evaluation of the results of his 13 professional knowledge and skills attested by completing the exam. The exam takes Transport Ministers created the examining board. The Commission is made up of representatives from the Ministry of transport, the State limited liability company "road transport administration" (hereinafter referred to as the Directorate) and non-governmental organizations in representatives of passenger and goods transport.
14. to organize the exam, the examination of the person shall submit to the Commission the following documents: 14.1. application completed (annex 3);
14.2. copy of identity document (the presentation of the original);
14.3. a copy of the certificate (the original show), if any, for any of the above rules referred to in paragraph 2, the types of road transport;
14.4. If the person has finished this provision in chapter IV of these training courses — this provision referred to in paragraph 12 of the document;
14.5. If a person in the employment relationship for at least five years has handled commercial road haulage way concerned — evidence of these activities.
15. the exam in writing. The exam consists of two parts: the first part 15.1: test the answer choices. It will include at least 30 questions with four answer variants, one of which is correct. The first part of the exam lasts two academic hours (90 minutes);
15.2. second part: analysis of the situation. It is given tasks or situations described and provides that need to be answered at least five questions. The second part of the exam lasts two academic hours (90 minutes).
16. in order to obtain a positive rating, each part of the exam necessary to receive not less than 60% of the maximum possible score.
17. the Person shall be released from the second part of the examination the sort if it give the information the Commission has presented this rule 15.5. document referred to below.
18. If a person has received a negative rating in one or both parts of the examination or by submitting these rules 15.1 and 15.5. documents referred to, provided false information, examining Board within 10 working days of the adoption of the Exo men in writing notify the person of the refusal to issue a certificate and on the possibility of repeating the sort of exam.
19. If a person finishes the rules referred to in chapter IV of the training courses, but in one or both parts of the exam has received a negative rating, the person is allowed a period of six months to sort the exam again.
20. If the person is not finished those in chapter IV of these regulations for training courses, and in one of the parts of the exam has received a negative rating, the person is allowed a period of six months (once) again to sort the menu. Exo In other cases not allowed again to sort the exam until the person is finished the relevant training courses.
21. A decision by the examining on a negative judgment on one or both parts of the exam the person can challenge the Ministry of transport. The Ministry of transport's decision can be appealed in court.
Vi. accounting Certificate 22. Directorate consists of persons database, which received the certificate.
23. If the certificate is lost, the Directorate within seven days after receiving a written application of the person, issue a duplicate of the document requested. This time the road Manager is entitled to carry out transport operations.
VII. Closing questions 24. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 5 April 2005, regulations No 226 "procedures for submitting passenger and freight road transport certificates of professional competence" (Latvian journal, 2005, nr. 55).
25. The Ministry of transport, the certificate of professional competence issued up to the effective date of this rule, in force for the day.
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) the Council on 29 April 1996 of Directive 96/26/EC on admission to the occupation of road haulage operator and road passenger transport operator and mutual recognition of diplomas, certificates and other evidence of formal qualifications intended to facilitate for these operators the right to freedom of establishment in national and international transport operations;
2) Council 1 October 1998 Directive 98/76/EC amending Directive 96/26/EC on admission to the occupation of road haulage operator and road rail žier transport operator and mutual recognition of diplomas, certificates and other evidence of formal qualifications intended to facilitate for these operators the right to freedom of establishment in national and international transport operations.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Interior Minister b. Jaundžeikar Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to the 8 April 2006.
Annexes 1-3 ZIP 26 kb
Search Translated Laws of Latvia