Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/134126
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 340 in Riga, 2006 April 25 (Mon. No 24 49) amendments to the law on electronic documents issued in the Republic of Latvia article 81 of the Constitution in order to make electronic document Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2004, no. 11; 2004, nr. 18; 2004, nr. 23) the following amendments: 1. Express article 16, third paragraph as follows: "(3) a qualified certificate signed by a trusted certification service provider's digital signature for you. Electronic signature meets the following requirements: 1) it is attached only to the trusted certification service provider;
2 it provides the reliable) the certification-service-provider identification;
3) it is a created with features that can only be controlled reliable certification service provider;
4) that is associated with the signed electronic documents so that later made changes to the signed electronic document be noticeable. "
2. Article 18: Add to the second part of paragraph 5 with the following: "5) the agreement on the provision of certification services in the cases specified.";
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) the qualified certificate is suspended and restored a reliable certification service provider under the following conditions: 1) the execution of a court order;
2) on the basis of a written request of the signer;
3) the agreement on the provision of certification services in the cases. "
3. Article 23: Supplement 6, first sentence, after the words "civil liability" with the words "as well as the qualified certificate laid down in the Treaty for suspension, cancellation and renewal";
delete paragraph 6, second sentence, the word "safe";
the deletion of paragraph 14, the words "and time stamp records".
4. Express article 24, second subparagraph by the following: "(2) a reliable certification services provider is liable for damage caused to a person without a certificate of a qualified withdrawal or suspension of its activities and the renewal of the law in article 18."
5. To supplement the law with the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directive included provisions in the law arising from the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 December 1999 Directive 1999/93/EC on a Community framework for electronic signatures."
Prime Minister a. Halloween special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs site: Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by 4 May 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia