Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/136125
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 407, Riga, 16 May 2006 (pr. No 27. § 46) the rules on animal welfare animal shelters and animal hotels and the order in which animals shall be referred to the animal shelter or animal in a hotel under the protection of article 10 of the law on 7 and 12 point i. General questions 1. determines the welfare requirements of animals in animal shelters (shelter) and animal hotels (hotel) and the order in which the animal passes a farm or hotel.
2. the national monitoring and control shelters and hotels take the food and veterinary service (hereinafter service).
3. For compliance with these rules is the responsibility of the shelters or hotel owner or his authorized person (hereinafter referred to as shelters or hotel owner).
4. The local government sends every six months service with territorial unit: 4.1 of stray House (rooms) on schools, showing animal animal species, and the action with them (the House (room) the animal returned to its owner, returned to the other person, sterilized and euthanised run free or transferred to another shelter);
4.2. for buried and kremēt in the House (rooms) for carcases, specifying their number and species.
5. The House (rooms), animals in shelters and hotels provide the requirements laid down in the legislation on the welfare of the House (rooms), animals for trade and public exhibitions, to play the dog's training and the House (room) of the animal's owner and the rights and obligations of the holder.
II. General requirements for establishing shelters or hotels and maintenance 6. Shelters or hotel owner can be any natural or legal person who, within seven working days before the start of operations inform the Department in writing, stating the following information: 6.1. natural person — shelters or hotel owner's name, home address and telephone number of the legal person — the way the name, registration number, registered address, and phone number;
6.2. the maximum number of animals and species, which are planned to accommodate farm or hotel;
6.3. property address, which will be built in the shelter or hotel, and cadastral number.
7. the service after this rule 6 receipt of that information to check the shelter or a hotel. Shelters or hotel owner service Inspector displays the following original documents: 7.1 the ownership certificate or real estate (in which the shelter or hotel is located) the lease or rental agreement;
7.2. with practicing veterinarians concluded contracts on a farm or hotel for the animals of veterinary care;
7.3. local authorities in the certificate of conformity of the shelters or on territorial planning;
7.4. the Act concerning the entry into the object.
8. Shelter or hotel owner provides: 8.1 relevant species animal physiological and zoopsiholoģiskaj needs adequate housing conditions and protection against infectious animal diseases;
8.2. veterinary care, prevent animal's suffering;
8.3. joint training of animal health, animal protection and welfare, carried out by a veterinarian. Animal handler with signature declares that he is familiar with the animal welfare requirements;
8.4. at least one common to 20 dogs and at least one of the common 30 cats;
8.5. animal nutrition with a defective feed, weight, according to the species and physiological needs and with fresh drinking water;
8.6. internal rules and compliance;
8.7. the reporting service, a change in these provisions 6.1., 6.2. and 6.3. the information referred to in point.
9. Hotel and farm equipment: 9.1 the place of storage of the documentation;
9.2. the cages, pens and space for holding animals;
9.3. the space or a separate place in space for the storage of animal feed and food production;
9.4. room or separate room room bedding (if animals litter), disinfectants and inventory storage;
9.5. the sanitary knot.
10. Premises where animals are: 10.1 the wall is smooth, clean, wash and disinfect;
10.2. the floor is smooth, resistant to mechanical damage, clean, wash, disinfect and not slippery;
10.3. doors and Windows are equipped to prevent animals escaping from a space of arbitrary;
10.4. ensure adequate microclimate species of animal physiological needs.
11. Animals used equipment made of material which is not harmful to their health, it is easy to clean and disinfect.
12. the holding of the animal in the cage is: 12.1. fitted with a bunk;
12.3. resistant to mechanical, chemical damage, made of stainless and animal health material;
12.4. equipped with a plate that contains this rule 24.3 24.4 24.5., and the information referred to in point on the animal.
13. the containers used in animal feeding, watering and washing every day. If not used for animal feeding dry food, dishes used in animal nutrition, wash after every meal.
14. Food storage and food preparation area or a room secured against entry of animals and against humidity. These rooms also provide the appropriate temperature for the storage of feedingstuffs.
15. animal facilities for a comfortable, clean and dry berth. The carpets are clean, dry and treated against parasites.
16. Animal housing (cages, pens, facilities) are cleaned at least once a day.
17. Cage and an area in which will be placed in other animals, as well as the equipment before using it in other animals clean, washed and disinfected.
18. The housing of animals, prevent the occurrence of stress to the animal, as well as animal ramble.
19. animal collective daily checks and inform the hotel owner shelters or on changes in behaviour and health of the animal.
III. Requirements for keeping of animals in shelters 20. Practicing veterinarian: 20.1.24 hours after insertion of an animal shelter in clinically investigated animal;
20.2. to immediately provide the sick animal's veterinary care, but incurable animals to which the illness or injury cause suffering, euthanased;
20.3. in accordance with the veterinary regulations governing vaccinated dogs, cats, ferrets home (room) and wild carnivores animals against rabies;
20.4. If necessary, determine the individual animal diet.
21. A practicing veterinarian, in the presence of the Hospice owner evaluate clueless come the wild animal health situation and the future development of the prediction process. Keep only the farm animals at the rehabilitation period or over-wintering will adapt to natural conditions or in any of the animal collection, the establishment and operation of which laws and regulations on the requirements for keeping of wild animals in captivity and in the wild collection to create the order is issued by the environmental protection administration and service. The other animals are euthanased.
22. the owner of the 24-hour Shelter after wild game animals into the farm shall inform the national forest service, but not for wild game animals in distress — nature protection management.
23. Shelters provided refuge owner admitted animal owner or holder by placing the search media coverage. If 14 days have failed to find the animal's owner or holder, the owner has the right to shelter for the animal to give away the other person keep an animal shelter or eitanazē.
24. the farm equipment and maintain a single animal. Information on the register of animals kept in the three years after the capture of the animal shelter. The register shall contain the following information: 24.1. date taken and of the animal;
24.2. the person who puts the animal farm (name, surname), or news about the conditions in which the animal is checked out (place, date, background);
24.3. animal sequence number assigned to the farm;
15.2. animal species;
15.2. the name of the animal and the microchip, tattoo or ring (birds) the specified identity number (if applicable);
24.6. Description of the animal (gender, age, breed, color and special features);
24.7. clinical examination of the animal, the date and the results;
15.4. the animal has been used in the treatment and medication;
15.5. animal vaccination, treatment against internal and external parasites;
24.10. the animal made to surgical manipulation (including sterilisation);
24.11. the particulars of the person to whom the animal is returned: 24.11.1. an individual's name, home address and telephone number;
24.11.2. type of legal person, the name, registration number, address, and phone number;
24.12. animal euthanasia grounds and date.
25. The asylum owner, specifying the name and address of the orphanage, the half-yearly information on the service provided: 25.1. the taken and the number of species of animals;
25.2. checked in and the number of species of animals;
25.3. euthanised animals species and numbers.
26. If the animals are farm staying longer than 14 days, the animals, as well as regular first treated against internal and external parasites.
27. the orphanage housed separately: 27.1. different species and psychologically incompatible animals;
27.2. animal babies and adult animals, if one animal babies are not fed mother;
27.3. females and male animals, if they are not sterilized;
27.4. aggressive tactics;
27.5. a nursing mother with her cubs.
28. in addition to these provisions in the Orphanage in paragraph 9 of the aforementioned premises equipment: 28.1. quarantine room marked "quarantine";
28.2. the veterinary care of animals.
29. The quarantine area: 29.1. use sick or for holding animals for which the disease is suspected;
29.2. provides with a separate entrance, which is a warning "quarantine".
30. The quarantine area located in the animal housing care use only equipment designed for that purpose.
31. The quarantine room may stay only service staff.
32. The quarantine duration is determined by a practicing veterinarian.
IV. Requirements for keeping of animals 33. Placing in hotels for holding animals in the hotel, the owner or keeper of the animal shall show the animal's identity, an identity card or a certificate of vaccination, but passing for keeping wild animals, the hotel — the origin of the animal identification and provide written information about housing conditions. Hotel owner provides a range corresponding to the specified range of the animal's owner.
34. Dogs, cats and ferrets (rooms) hotel captures, if they have been vaccinated against rabies.
35. The hotel equipment and maintain a single animal. Information on the register of animals kept in the year after the capture of the animal. The register shall contain the following information: 21.8. animal owner or holder's first name, last name, home address and telephone number;
35.2. the animal, the date and time of admission;
35.3. the animal species, breed and sex;
35.4. the name of the animal and the microchip, tattoo or ring (birds) the specified identity number (if applicable);
22.1. special features of the animal (if any are found);
35.6. the date when the animal is returned to its owner or holder.
36. in the month following the expiry of the deadline laid down in the contract for holding the animal hotel, hotel owner has not withdrawn animals to pass farm. If the hotel owner from its local government shelters, where the hotel is located, receives a written refusal to accept the animal shelter, the hotel owner shall have the right to give up the animal to another person, to keep their hotel or eitanazē. The expiry of the deadline laid down in the contract for holding the animal hotel, the hotel owner shall notify in writing the owner of the animal of the intention to transfer the animal shelter, give the other person keep the animal hotel or eitanazē.
V. specific requirements for keeping of wild animals in shelters and hotels 37. Wild animals kept in accordance with the national forest service or the management of nature protection inspector's recommendations.
38. Wild releases only wild predator animals vaccinated against rabies.
39. Predator animals up there according to the requirements of keeping the cat in accordance with the laws and regulations of the welfare House (rooms), animals for trade and public exhibitions, to play the dog's training and the House (room) of the animal's owner and the rights and obligations of the holder.
40. the animals there Nagain runs. The animals provide a floor area of not less than 10 square meters. The fence height not less than two metres. The Paddock is a shelter animal protection against adverse meteorological conditions.
41. Seals there cages. A single animal provides an area of not less than three square meters, of which one-third occupied by the pool. Seal holding the temperature of the water must not be lower than 5 ° c.
42. the Swans kept closed (from the top of the sieve delimited) cages. The animals provide a floor area less than five square metres, of which one-third occupied by the pool. Swan holding temperature must not be below 0 ° c.
43. the Stork there cages. A single animal provides an area of not less than three square meters. Stork holding temperature must not be below 0 ° c.
Vi. Special requirements for keeping of dogs in shelters and hotels, 44. If the dog cages there, between individual cages provide the distance or create a partition so that animals do not come into contact with one another.
45. with the dog cage or room, then at least five square meters large area.
46. Keeping the dog runs, their physiology for the territory.
VII. Special requirements for keeping cats in shelters and hotels 47. cats may be kept only in a room.
48. If the cat there in individual cages (placed in a room), the cage must not be less than square.
49. If the cat cages there, it ensures walking outside shelters or hotels rooms especially equipped area. Walking area shall be so arranged that it can be reached from all sides and for the animal to the required freedom of movement.
50. There a cat in the room: 50.1. area of not less than 4.5 square meters;
50.2. bunk at least 90 centimeters in height from the ground;
50.3. room ceiling height of at least 1.8 meters.
51. The cat provides the appropriate articles-sharpening.
52. The cat toilet clean and washed at least once a day, if it does not use special sand.
VIII. Closing questions 53. If the shelter or hotel work until the date of entry into force of the provisions, shelters or hotel owner until February 1, 2007. submitted the rules to the Department the information referred to in paragraph 6.
54. the rules shall enter into force by 1 January 2007.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia