Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/136501
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 403, Riga, 16 May 2006 (pr. No 27 33) National Agency "Latvian State Institute" fruit Charter Issued in accordance with the law of public agencies 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. public agency "Latvian National Institute of fruit" (hereinafter called the Institute) is the supervision of the Minister of agriculture in the national research institution. Minister of agriculture Institute monitoring implemented with the Ministry of agriculture.
2. The Institute's aim is to create new knowledge and products to develop innovative technologies that contribute to the fruit industry of Latvia sustainable development and competitiveness.
II. functions of the Institute, the tasks and rights 3. The Institute has the following functions: 3.1 carry out scientific activity in the field of fruit;
3.2. to develop recommendations on the environment for the cultivation of fruit plants in Sao dzējoš, processing and storage technologies;
3.3. to provide the scientific foundation and expertise of fruit industry development in the design and implementation of policies;
3.4. the Latvian conditions suitable for fruit and Berry breeding;
3.5. to ensure the fruit trees, berry bushes and lilac of the protection of genetic resources and their sustainable use;
3.6. provide fruit and berry varieties, uniformity and stability (DUS) testing by the national plant protection service or other order of the institutions;
3.7. promoting science and education in the development of integrated fruit production sector.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Institute: 4.1 carry out scientific research in agriculture and biology, agricultural economics and policy, as well as the Engineering Institute in the main areas of the Scientific Council;
4.2. on the basis of long-term studies acquired knowledge: 4.2.1 develop environment friendly (integrated and organic), suitable to local conditions of fruit growing technology and new traditional and rare fruit crop processing technology;
4.2.2. develop recommendations for different varieties of fruit crops and storage mode;
4.2.3. develop komercdārz management models for different regions of Latvia;
4.3. According to legislation: 4.3.1. identify, evaluate, describe, study and store the Latvian fruit trees, berry bushes and lilac genetic resources and promote their sustainable use;
4.3.2. the development of the scientific basis for better fruit planting material production system in Latvia and pre-basic and basic nutrition collections;
4.4. development of scientific reasoning and expertise and position in the Latvian interests representation in the European Union and international organizations;
4.5. coordinate cultivation study in Latvia;
4.6. the diet of different fruit species reference collections;
4.7. organizes scientific conferences, seminars, lectures, exhibitions and other measures issued informative materials;
4.8. participate in international scientific research projects and research programmes;
4.9. maintain Institute and founder of the p. Upīš historical materials of the Fund storage.
5. the Institute functions and tasks carried out in the medium-term strategy, the current year's operating plan and budget, approved by the Minister of agriculture.
6. The Institute shall have the following rights: 6.1. to request and receive, free of charge from natural and legal persons in the performance of the tasks of the Institute the necessary information and documents;
6.2. to publish informational materials and provide information to the media about the competence of the Institute issues;
6.3. to implement the Institute of fruit varieties of breeder's rights;
6.4. invite experts to carry out the activities of the Institute with related tasks;
6.5. charge for paid service provided by the Institute;
6.6. to receive donations, donations and foreign financial assistance;
6.7. to cooperate with agricultural and other industry professionals, professional associations, associations and other associations and foundations, foreign and international institutions, as well as to ensure the exchange of information in the field of activities of the Institute;
6.8. to conduct business operations under the direction of the scientific activities of the Institute.
III. the administration of the Institute the Institute is managed by 7 scientists collegiate institution, the Scientific Council and the Director of the Institute.
8. The Institute's Scientific Council shall be elected for five years by the general meeting of scientists of the Institute (hereinafter referred to as the Assembly). The general meeting is valid if at least two thirds of the number of scientists of the Institute. General meetings shall be convened at least once a year after the Director of the Institute, the Scientific Council on the initiative of the President or at the request of at least 10% of the scientists of the Institute.
9. the Director of the Institute for five years, the Scientific Council shall elect, but the posts approved by the Minister of agriculture. Minister of agriculture with the Director of the Institute of management contracts concluded. The Director of the Institute from the post of Minister of agriculture on its own or by the Scientific Council of the Institute.
10. The Director of the Institute headed by the Institute's work. The Director of the Institute carry out scientific activities Act, public law agencies, Government facilities, law and governance in these provisions the obligations laid down in the Treaty and function.
11. The Institute's departments up and down the competence of the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute can be alternates.
IV. The Institute's Advisory Board to coordinate the Institute's 12 goals at national, regional and local levels, as well as to coordinate the Institute, the agricultural sector, the institutions of education and science and the public interest in the fruit sector in policy development and implementation, the Minister of agriculture shall establish the Advisory Board of the Institute, adopt its statutes and personnel.
13. Work Advisory Council by one representative, the following institutions: the powers 13.1. Ministry of agriculture;
13.2. The Ministry of education and science;
13.3. Dobele district Council;
13.4. Zemgale development agency;
13.5. The Latvian augļkopj Association;
13.6. The Latvian agriculture market promotion centre;
8.5. The Latvian Agricultural University;
13.8. the University of Latvia.
V. the financial resources of the Institute and the property 14. the financial resources of the Institute consists of: 14.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
14.2. the same revenue for paid service provided by the Institute and scientific studies and in economic activity in the marketing of the products obtained;
14.3. foreign financial assistance, donations and gifts.
15. the remuneration of staff of the Institute consists of: 15.1 salary that employees are granted and the amount of which is calculated in accordance with the regulations on the procedure for the base funding of the State scientific institutions and State University scientific institutes;
15.2 remuneration, in accordance with the law of the scientific activities of the Institute shall be paid from the contracts concluded in implementation of financial resources obtained and which shall be determined according to the Institute for internal wage policy, as well as on the basis of the contracts concluded by the Institute.
16. the Institute will act on the budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and commitments. Before the application for the permit of the Minister of finance for the Institute prepare documentation in line with the Ministry of agriculture.
17. the Institute's way and the Institute acquired possession of the transferred assets. The Institute handles the public agency in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
Vi. activities of the Institute for Justice and reporting 18. officials of the Institute issued decisions and actual action may be challenged, by submitting the application to the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute's decision may appeal to the Court of the administrative process of regulatory legislation.
19. The Director of the Institute of administrative acts issued and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of agriculture. The Ministry of agriculture, may appeal to the Administrative Court in the process of regulatory legislation.
20. The Director of the Institute of management contract within the time limits and procedures shall be submitted to the Ministry of agriculture reports on management contracts, the Institute's functions and the use of financial resources.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 3 June 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia