Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/136499
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 401, Riga, 16 May 2006 (pr. No 27 31) State Agency "State crop breeding Institute Priekuļi" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. State Agency "State priekuļi field plant breeding Institute" (the Institute) is the supervision of the Minister of agriculture in the national research institution. Minister of agriculture Institute monitoring implemented with the Ministry of agriculture.
2. The Institute's aim is to create new knowledge and to develop innovative technologies that encourage crop sector of Latvia sustainable development and competitiveness.
II. functions of the Institute, the tasks and rights 3. The Institute has the following functions: 3.1 carry out scientific activities and to develop recommendations for sustainable, environment-friendly crops cultivation, processing and storage technologies;
3.2. to ensure the potatoes, fodder plant and cereal genetic resources protection and sustainable use;
3.3. create new agri-environment of Latvia and the requirements of manufacturers of appropriate crop varieties and to make the maintenance of varieties and seed propagation;
3.4. establish and maintain a better potato planting stock cultivation system in Latvia;
3.5. to provide the scientific basis and independent expertise in the crop sector strategies, interests and positions in the Latvian representation in the European Union and international institutions.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Institute: 4.1 carry out scientific research in plant production, crop husbandry, breeding, solely and other agricultural sciences directions approved by the Scientific Council of the Institute;
4.2. on the basis of long-term studies acquired knowledge: 4.2.1. develop and implement environment sparing, local agro-ecological conditions suitable for breeding technology;
4.2.2. acquire and maintain Latvia grown potato varieties of plant material and recover genetic resources (using tissue culture methods);
4.3. According to the legislation on the protection of genetic resources, evaluates, describes and examines the agricultural potatoes, fodder plant and cereal genetic resources and promote their sustainable use;
4.4. State plant protection service or other authorities order provides crop variety evaluation of economic characteristics;
4.5 provide scientifically based proposals Latvian agricultural policy development crop issues and advice on sustainable, environment-friendly cultivation of the crop, solely, storage and processing technology;
4.6. organizes scientific conferences, seminars, lectures, exhibitions and other measures issued informative and scientific materials to the Institute's activities in related fields;
4.7. participates in international scientific research projects and research programmes;
4.8. the Institute maintained the Foundation historical materials of repository;
4.9. manage and maintain properties and the Institute of real estate.
5. the Institute functions and tasks carried out in the medium-term strategy, the current year's operating plan and budget, approved by the Minister of agriculture.
6. The Institute shall have the following rights: 6.1. to request and receive, free of charge from natural and legal persons in the performance of the tasks of the Institute the necessary information and documents;
6.2. to publish informational materials and provide information to the media about the competence of the Institute issues;
6.3. call in experts to carry out activities related to the Institute's tasks;
6.4. creating single or permanent working groups to: 6.4.1. coordinate the activities of the Institute in the implementation of the objectives of the national and regional level;
6.4.2. coherent sectoral agricultural, educational, scientific institutions, societies and interests of the Institute sector in policy development and implementation;
6.4.3. promote with related activities of the Institute and the institutions concerned;
6.5. charge for paid service provided by the Institute;
6.6. to implement the Institute's varieties of crops breeder's right;
6.7. to receive donations, donations and foreign financial assistance;
6.8. to cooperate with agricultural and other industry professionals, professional associations, associations and other associations and foundations, foreign and international institutions, as well as to ensure the exchange of information in the field of activities of the Institute;
4.3. carry out economic activities according to the scientific activities of the Institute.
III. the administration of the Institute the Institute is managed by 7 scientists collegiate institution, the Scientific Council and the Director of the Institute.
8. The Institute's Scientific Council shall be elected for five years by the general meeting of scientists of the Institute (hereinafter referred to as the Assembly). The general meeting is valid if at least two thirds of the number of scientists of the Institute. General meetings shall be convened at least once a year after the Director of the Institute, the Scientific Council on the initiative of the President or at the request of at least 10% of the scientists of the Institute.
9. the Director of the Institute for five years, the Scientific Council shall elect, but the posts approved by the Minister of agriculture. Minister of agriculture with the Director of the Institute of management contracts concluded. The Director of the Institute from the post of Minister of agriculture on its own or by the Scientific Council of the Institute.
10. The Director of the Institute headed by the Institute's work. The Director of the Institute carry out scientific activities Act, public law agencies, Government facilities, law and governance in these provisions the obligations laid down in the Treaty and function.
11. The Institute's departments up and down the competence of the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute can be alternates.
IV. The Institute's financial resources and assets 12. the financial resources of the Institute consists of: 12.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
12.2. the same revenue for project, program and contract work;
12.3. the same revenue for paid service provided by the Institute and scientific studies and in economic activity in the marketing of the products obtained;
12.4. foreign financial assistance, donations and gifts.
13. the remuneration of staff of the Institute consists of: 13.1. remuneration, the employee is assigned and the amount of which is calculated in accordance with the regulations on the procedure for the base funding of the State scientific institutions and State University scientific institutes;
13.2. remuneration, in accordance with the law of the scientific activities of the Institute shall be paid from the contracts concluded in implementation of financial resources obtained and which shall be determined according to the Institute for internal wage policy, as well as on the basis of the contracts concluded by the Institute.
14. the Institute of law on budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and commitments. Before the application for the permit of the Minister of finance to the transactions that the documentation prepared by the Institute with the Ministry of agriculture.
15. the Institute's way and the Institute acquired possession of the transferred assets. The Institute handles the public agency in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
V. activities of the Institute for Justice, security and reporting. The Institute's officials issued 16 decisions and actual action may be challenged, by submitting the application to the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute's decision may appeal to the Court of the administrative process of regulatory legislation.
17. The Director of the Institute of administrative acts issued and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of agriculture. The Ministry of agriculture, may appeal to the Administrative Court in the process of regulatory legislation.
18. The Director of the Institute of management contract within the time limits and procedures shall be submitted to the Ministry of agriculture reports on management contracts, the Institute's functions and the use of financial resources.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 3 June 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia