Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/136941
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 445 Riga, 30 May 2006 (pr. No 30 27) National Agency "Latvian National mežzinātn Institute" silava "Charter Issued in accordance with the law of public agencies 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. public agency" Latvian National mežzinātn Institute "silava" (hereinafter called the Institute) is the Minister of education and science under the supervision of the national regulatory authority. Minister of education and Science Institute's monitoring is implemented by the Ministry of education and science.
2. the aim of the activities of the Institute with scientific methods to acquire new knowledge and develop innovative technologies to enhance forest sector sustainable development and competitiveness.
II. functions of the Institute, the tasks and rights 3. The Institute has the following functions: to carry out scientific activities 3.1, which focuses on new knowledge on forest sustainable management, as well as multi-purpose forest products rational and innovative;
3.2. take inventory of forest statistics, provide opinions on forest reproductive material and sources compliance with legislative requirements;
3.3. in accordance with the competency to maintain Latvia's plant genetic resources database of plant gene banks of Latvia and to provide samples to store genomic data base creation and maintenance;
3.4. According to the competency to provide scientific expertise and to make proposals for the implementation of forest policy, Latvia's interests in the European Union, as well as international institutions and processes;
3.5. to take part in national and international research projects and research programmes;
3.6. in cooperation with the universities to promote science and higher education in the development of an integrated forest industry.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Institute: 4.1 mežzinātn will carry out scientific research and Engineering Institute in the main areas of the Scientific Council;
4.2. encourage scientific research results to practical use;
4.3. draw up and implement programmes and measures for the development of scientific qualifications;
4.4. organizes scientific conferences, seminars and lectures;
4.5. issuing informative materials;
4.6. create and maintain a special library;
4.7. create and maintain a history of the mežzinātn Fund store;
4.8. create and maintain a database of long-term experimental research base;
4.9. performs other tasks in accordance with the objectives of the activities of the Institute.
5. the Institute, in addition to other legal rights have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from national and municipal authorities, as well as the law in the cases of the individuals tasks of the Institute the necessary information;
5.2. receive donations, donations, foreign financial assistance to participate in project competitions to attract financial resources;
5.3. According to competence to cooperate with State and local authorities, private individuals, as well as international institutions;
5.4. procedure laid down by the legislation and about the charge for public services provided by the Institute;
5.5. to conduct business operations under the direction of the scientific activities of the Institute.
III. the administration of the Institute the Institute Management Institute 6 scientists collegiate institution, Scientific Council, and the Director. The Scientific Council for three years, with a simple majority of votes is elected by the general meeting of scientists of the Institute (hereinafter referred to as the Assembly). Directors elected for three years by the Scientific Council, but post confirms the Minister of education and science.
7. The Director of the Institute of public law in the performance of the Agency and scientific activities statutory duties and functions. The Director of the Institute's Deputy.
8. The general meeting of the Institute's scientists work. The general meeting is valid if at least two thirds of the total number of scientists of the Institute. General meetings shall be convened by the Director of the Institute, the Scientific Council on the initiative of the President or at the request of at least 10 percent of the Institute's leading researchers, researchers and assistants.
9. the Scientific Council of the Institute shall be determined by law and scientific activities of the Institute Scientific Council regulations. The Scientific Council of the regulations approved by the general meeting.
IV. The Institute's Advisory Board to coordinate the Institute's 10 goals at the national, regional and local levels, as well as to coordinate the Institute's, forest industry, institutions of education and science and the public interest in the development of the forestry sector in the development and implementation of policy, the Minister of education and Science creates Institute Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
11. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the Minister of education and Science approved the Charter.
12. the Advisory Board has the following tasks: 12.1. promote and support the Institute's cooperation with State and local authorities, public organizations and industry interest groups;
12.2. to participate in the Institute's medium-term operational strategy;
12.3. to promote scientific research, insights and recommendations.
V. the financial resources of the Institute and the Institute of property 13. financial resources: the country budgetary 13.1. grant from the general revenue;
13.2. the revenue of the Institute the fees and other revenue;
13.3. donations donations;
13.4. foreign financial help.
14. the remuneration of staff of the Institute consists of: 14.1. fees that the employee is assigned and the amount of which is calculated in accordance with the regulations on the procedure for the base funding of the State scientific institutions and State University scientific institutes;
14.2. fees, in accordance with the law of the scientific activities of the Institute shall be paid from the contracts concluded in implementation of financial resources obtained and which shall be determined according to the Institute for internal wage policy, as well as on the basis of the contracts concluded by the Institute.
15. the Institute will work with its existing national in possession of property and possessions, which the Institute acquired its own activity, in accordance with the laws and the management contract.
16. the Institute will act on the budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to assume the guarantees. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance to the transactions that the documentation prepared by the Institute with the Ministry of education and science.
Vi. Activities of the Institute for Justice, security and reporting. the Institute's employees 17 actual action in the Act on administrative procedures the cases, as well as administrative acts may be challenged by submitting an application to the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute's decision may be appealed against in court.
18. The Director of the Institute for the actual action of the administrative procedure, in the cases stipulated by law, as well as administrative acts may be challenged by the Ministry of education and science, by submitting an application to the Director of the Institute. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court.
19. the reports on the Institute's functions and the use of financial resources submitted by the Institute to the Ministry of education and science of the regulatory procedure provided for in the Treaty and within the time limits laid down.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions to 9 June 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia