Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/137902
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 443 in 2006 (30 May. No 30 8) country studies program application, expertise and funding arrangements issued in accordance with rule 35 of the scientific activities of the second subparagraph of article i. General questions 1. establish a national research programme (hereinafter the programme) application, expertise and funding arrangements.
2. the program is holistic, it has set goals, objectives, and results to be achieved.
3. The implementation of the programme the necessary tender, Pro submission and evaluation of the programme administrative support by the Ministry of education and Science (hereinafter the Ministry).
II. Programme of activities of the Commission for the evaluation of the Ministry programme 4 Evaluation Commission (hereinafter the Commission). Panelists include the scientific priorities of the Ministry of industries, the Latvian Science Council (hereinafter Council) and the Latvian Academy of Sciences, as well as without voting rights — the Secretary of the Commission. The Commission's Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Commission, elected by the members of the Commission from among the members of the Commission.
5. the Commission shall perform the functions of the Secretariat of the Ministry of higher education and Science Department Director designate.
6. the Commission's meeting chaired by the President of the Commission. In the Commission's priekšsēdēt If absence his duties shall be the Vice-President of the Commission, in accordance with the written instructions of the Commission.
7. The President of the Commission shall be convened by the Commission when it is necessary, must send a written invitation to members of the Commission. The invitation contains the substance of the question under consideration and the need to organize the meeting.
8. the current session of the Commission of the time and place of the President of the Commission shall be notified not later than five working days before the session of the Commission.
9. the Commission meeting agenda and materials for the consideration of the Commission at the hearing because the issues prepared by the Secretariat. The President of the Commission confirmed the meeting order. The Commission secretariat no later than five working days before the meeting of the Commission sent to the members of the Commission the Commission's meeting agendas, and the materials the Commission pending the hearing. In exceptional cases, the Commission's secretariat can send to the members of the Commission the Commission's meeting agendas, and the materials the Commission at the hearing on matters under consideration in the shortest possible time, but no later than three working days before the session of the Commission. About material sent receives the horse shall be deemed to be the electronic copy of it at the time of entry into the receiving server.
10. Members of the Commission is right to propose additional issues-looking at the citation by submitting a written application to the President of the Commission, not later than three working days before the session of the Commission.
11. The Chairman of the Commission shall evaluate the performance of ie, submitted that rule 10 referred to in the order, and shall decide on the inclusion of additional questions the Commission meeting agenda. For additional issues into the agenda of the Commission meeting, the Commission shall inform the head of the members of the Commission not later than two working days before the session of the Commission.
12. the proceedings of the Commission shall take a decision on the eligible for the program or nor Lady projects, the members of the Commission evaluate the potential conflict of interest. If conflict of interest is not a member of the Commission, the secretariat prepared a signature of objectivity and gets information of the Declaration. If there is a conflict of interest, the Member of the Commission shall have no vote on approval of the relevant expert or for specific supported or rejected.
13. the Commission shall be valid if they are participating in the meeting, the President of the Commission, and not less than two-thirds of the members of the Commission.
14. the Commission shall adopt the voting members of the Commission by agreement. If agreement is not reached, the Commission shall act by a simple majority. If the vote splits on the casting vote of the Chairman of the Commission.
15. If the Commission is unable to accept the decision, the matter shall be referred to the next meeting of the Commission, and asks the Secretariat to provide the additional information required.
16. Commission decision on matters that are not included in the Commission's meeting or extraordinary meeting of the Commission's agenda, may also make written procedures.
17. the written procedure of adoption of the decision shall be implemented as follows: 17.1. the President of the Commission sent to the members of the Commission prepared a draft decision of the Secretariat, as well as the necessary decision materials;
17.2. the members of the Commission within three working days of receipt of the draft decision by electronic mail or in writing proposals for the draft decision;
17.3. If the draft decision have reservations or proposals, the Secretariat shall prepare a statement of the members of the Commission provided opinions and objections, the proposal of the President of the Commission opinion on them (indicating whether the complaint or has been taken into account in the proposal or rejected), as well as the draft decision specified and sends the statement to members of the Commission;
17.4. the members of the Commission within three working days after the date of receipt of the certificate by e-mail or in writing proposals for the draft decision specified. The President of the Commission shall evaluate the proposals and objections and adopt the final decision on the objection and the proposal for the inclusion in the draft decision;
17.5. If the objections and proposals have not been received within the prescribed time limits, the decision shall be deemed to have been adopted;
10.9. the Secretariat shall prepare a draft decision. The draft decision shall be signed by the President and the Secretary of the Commission. The signed decision shall be sent to the Commission by the Secretariat to the members of the two working days after signing it;
17.7. at the proposal of the President of the Commission, the members of the Commission shall decide on the procedure of decision writing in other terms.
18. the Commission's meeting in the Commission clerk. The minutes of the hearing of the Commission the Commission is sitting members who participated in the meeting, the agenda, decisions, as well as the views expressed and the voting results.
19. at the hearing the Commission draft minutes shall be prepared by the Secretariat and not later than two working days after the meeting of the Commission sent to the members of the Commission. The Commission's meeting moment of the receipt of the draft considers it an electronic copy of the requested time of arrival on the server.
20. the members of the Commission shall, within two working days after the sending of the draft Protocol of writing complaints or proposals on the draft Protocol. The President of the Commission assess the objections and proposals and decide on the minutes of the Commission's clarification. If the objections and proposals have been received within the prescribed time limits, the Protocol shall be deemed to have been approved.
21. the Commission Approved the minutes of the proceedings of the Commission in the establishment of the signature and the Secretary of the Commission.
22. the Secretary of the Commission, minutes of the proceedings of the Commission shall immediately forward to the members of the Commission.
23. The meetings of the Commission shall keep the Secretariat of the Protocol.
III. Submission and examination 24. Program goals and objectives for the definition of the Ministry, at the initiative of the Commission issued a call for proposals, the Council and the Ministry of higher education (universities) home pages on the internet and in newspapers, "the Latvian Academy of Sciences News" and "day". Call for proposals is open to scientists, a group of scientists, scientific institutions and public authorities, as well as economic operators, associations and foundations. To enter the competition, you must fill in the application (annex 1).
25. proposal submitted By the Commission in the development of the collection and Ministry approved the program of the contest rules. Charter shall include each programme goals and tasks defined under the law of the scientific activities of the second subparagraph of article 35. After the approval of the tender Regulation Ministry advertised program contest in the newspaper "journal".
26. the programme's presenter and performer. Program Manager is a scientist who works in a scientific Institute, State universities or other scientific institutions registered in the register of institutions.
27. the programme manager in the implementation of the objectives of the programme involve repetitive motion, which fulfilled the participation and tasks set out in the draft programme (hereinafter the project). The performers are research institutes, national universities, commercial companies, and other scientific institutions registered in the registry. Commercial companies can participate in the implementation of the programme through its co-financing.
28. the programme manager shall submit to the Ministry of the tender shall within the prescribed period. The project is substantively and organizationally in the exercise of the offer, which the Commission defined programme goals and objectives developed by the program manager with the performers. Project development in the period of up to four years, and must be as detail the rather to assess the programme manager involved in the implementation of the programme and performers competence (annex 2).
29. the Commission organizes the project administrative compliance, as well as scientific and economic expertise. Project inspection carried out in accordance with the evaluation criteria (annex 3).
30. If the project is found in the administrative conflict, project manager of the program send clarification. The program manager during the clarify of the week and resubmit the project to the Ministry. If the administrative suit in the State also bas inspection is negative, the project is rejected.
31. The project's scientific expertise to carry out the Council, involving at least three relevant scientific experts who do not represent the institutions involved in the programme. Scientific experts should be qualified in the respective scientific researchers and scientific activities should comply with statutory expertise quality criteria.
32. The project's economic expertise to carry out the two respective industry experts who do not represent the institutions involved in the programme. Experts shall be delegated to relevant industry association or the Confederation. Each expert shall prepare its assessment of the project and submit it to the Commission.
33. the Commission, on the basis of the scientific and economic results of tīz *, draw up and submit to the Minister of education and Science (hereinafter the Minister) proposals for projects to be approved and their performers. Commission decision on the project to be adopted by a simple majority. If the votes are divided into equal, the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
34. the names of approved programmes, funding and performers Ministry two weeks shall be published in the newspapers "journal" and "know", as well as the Messenger brings the Ministry's website on the internet.
35. the agreements with program managers, program funding and the administrative supervision of the implementation of the programme provide the Council.
36. After the approval of the Council within four weeks of the contract program manager for the implementation of the programme (hereinafter referred to as the agreement). The contract concluded for the year for each execution stage. The contract determines the content, work deadlines, costs of the implementation of the programme, as well as the rights of both parties and planned results.
IV. Programme financing 37. After the approval of the Ministry granted funding from current year funding of science for the national budget.
38. The implementation of the programme the necessary funding, the Ministry of national budget for the current year under the State budget allocated to the programme "Science" means, and by the law on the State budget for the current year validation notify Program Manager.
39. If the current year's national budget in "Science" the finances you are less than anticipated for the implementation of the programme, the Ministry shall decide on changes in the total programme funding. The contract shall be awarded after appropriate changes in funding have made changes in the program (or a section of it). Changes of funding the Council into line with the program manager. Changes may relate to the scope of the tasks, but should not significantly change the objectives of the programme, as well as more than half of the program, said principal performers.
40. After (or stage) lead program manager with the Council up to the current year's 20 December draw up a program (or stage) and the acceptance of the transfer Act (hereinafter Act).
41. After the execution of the programme programme manager shall prepare a report of the expanded program which analyzes the results and their practical and scientific significance of the Latvian economy.
42. After the Council organizes programs and the assessment of results, involving at a maximum of three relevant field experts who do not represent the institutions involved in the programme. Experts must be qualified in the relevant industry scientists and scientific activities must meet statutory criteria for the quality of expert.
43. the Council within the time limit laid down in the Treaty, even those involved in the implementation of the programme, the institutions provided for in the Treaty. The final settlement of the programs (or stage) the performance of the Council take after the financial report and review of the programme and the signing of the Act.
44. All programmes (such as the publication of these regulations, the following inspection and monitoring) is intended, not more than one percent from the current year budget of the Ministry of finance allocated to program features.
V. closing question 45. the Commission, in preparing the 2006 law on the front of the programmes approved, evaluated, approved and in 2005 if the program in line with the priority directions of science but, 2006-2009.
Prime Minister-Minister of economy a. Štokenberg of the Minister of education and science in place special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs i. Gudel of the Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 21 June 2006.
Annexes 1-3 ZIP 23 kb
Search Translated Laws of Latvia