Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/138160
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 491, Riga, 20 June 2006 (pr. No 33 45) veterinary requirements of the bovine, porcine, ovine, caprine and equine species, ova and embryos and stallions, buck and teķ for trade in semen of the European Union Member States and import from third countries Issued in accordance with article 25 of the law of veterinary medicine of i. General questions 1. determines the veterinary requirements of the bovine, porcine, ovine, caprine and equine species, ova and embryos and stallions, buck and for trade in semen of teķ between the Member States of the European Union (hereinafter referred to as Member States), and for imports from countries which are not members of the European Union (hereinafter third countries).
2. The terms used in the following terms: 2.1.-prepare the semen or diluted ejaculate of an animal;
2.2.-animal embryo development in the initial stage, while it is possible for the recipient;
2.3. the competent veterinary authority, the food and veterinary service (hereinafter service) or by a Member State or a third country authority performs state veterinary supervision and control, or other authority of a Member State or a third country authority delegated these functions;
2.4. the official veterinarian-veterinary service officer or official of the service, or other competent national veterinary authority by an official veterinarian;
2.5. preparation of the semen Center – the competent veterinary authorities monitor and recognises the company that prepares (collected, processed and stored) Stallion, buck and teķ to trade in semen of the Member States;
2.6. the veterinarian-veterinary doctor of the Centre who is responsible for the preparation of the semen Centre is complying with the requirements of these regulations;
2.7. the embryo transplant company-a group of technicians or unit that prepares (collected, processed and stored) bovine, equine, sheep, goats or swine embryos and ova trade and supervised by the competent veterinary authority and recognized the team veterinarian;
2.8. team veterinarian: the veterinarian responsible for embryo transplantation business compliance with the requirements of this regulation;
2.9. the acquisition State – State in which prepares the semen, ova or embryos;
2.10. ievākum-semen, ova or embryos, which at one time is obtained from the semen, ova or embryos of the donor animal.
3. the rules do not apply to: 3.1 the zootechnical requirements artificial insemination and semen distribution organisation;
3.2. the embryos obtained, by transferring the nuclei.
4. the studies carried out under these rules service national diagnostic centre or laboratory, which is accredited by Latvian National Accreditation Bureau according to the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 "the competence of testing and calibration laboratories-General requirements", or the institution of a Member State for which the Ministry of Economic Affairs has published a notice in the newspaper "journal".
5. the Department shall monitor the implementation of these provisions. If the requirements in these rules (one or more) are not met, the Department cancelled the preparation of semen or embryo transplantation Center of the company's certificate of recognition.
II. Requirements for semen, embryos and ova trade Member States 6. Trade used horses, sheep and goats and the semen for artificial insemination. It: obtain and process 6.1 the recognised centre of preparation of the semen. Buck and teķ semen obtained and processed also shed if it complies with legislation on veterinary requirements for movement of ovine and caprine animals;
6.2. the collected, processed and stored according to this provision the requirements contained in chapter IV;
6.3. derived from the stallions, buck and teķ whose health status complies with this provision in Chapter VII.
7. commercial use intended for transplantation to the horses, sheep, goats and pigs, bovine embryos, which recognized the embryo transplant Compa us: 7.1 obtain pursuant to this provision the requirements of chapter V;
7.2. in view of the donor animals whose health status complies with this provision, 70 and 69 71 requirements;
7.3. processing and stored in accordance with the provisions of chapter V and VI PRA affected.
8. certificate of recognition of service award: embryo transplant 8.1 Enterprise located in the territory of Latvia and who prepares embryos for trade within the Member States, if the transplant of embryos complying with this rule to the requirements laid down in chapter V;
8.2. the preparation of the semen Center, located in the territory of Latvia and who prepare to trade in semen, the Member State where the semen preparation complies with this provision the requirements laid down in chapter IV.
9. Service recorded in Latvia existing embryo transplantation and preparing of semen. The transplant of embryos and sperm preparation companies centers that meet the requirements of this regulation, service recognition award number and inform the European Commission and the other Member States. Service of the European Commission and to the other Member States shall be notified of the cancellation of the certificate of recognition.
10. The embryo transplant company about changes in the structure and organization in the notify. Service for the amendment of the company's recognition of the embryo transplant documentation if: 10.1. have changed team veterinarian;
10.2. the embryo transplant company structure or the existing laboratory equipment changes that can affect the quality of preparation of embryo according to the requirements of this regulation.
11. Imports into Latvia from another Member State or exported to another Member State the horse, sheep, goats or pigs ova and embryos, ova and embryos of the bovine, and goat teķ Stallion, semen, and these products are the veterinary health certificate (original). Bovine embryos and ova of the veterinary health certificate shall be drawn up in accordance with Annex 1 of these rules.
12. the veterinary health certificate (original) with semen, embryos and ova in the shipment sent to the destination. The certificate meets the following requirements: 12.1. it shall be issued and approved by an official veterinarian in accordance with the laws and regulations on procedures for the issue of animal and animal products veterinary health certificate;
12.2. it is in at least one of the embryos, ova or sperm of the official languages and in one of the official languages of the country of destination;
12.3. it is one single document;
12.4. it is for one consignee.
13. For animals of the bovine, porcine, ovine, caprine and Equine semen, ova or embryos of destination shall communicate with the help of an integrated computerised system (trace), which connects the competent veterinary authorities, to facilitate the exchange of information between the semen, embryos and ova in the accompanying dispatch, and the country of destination to the competent veterinary authorities.
14. animal semen, ova and embryos shall apply in trade with Member States veterinary control measures, in accordance with the laws and regulations on the control and monitoring procedures of the trade in animals, semen, ova and embryos with the Member States and third countries.
15. the Centre's veterinarian or team veterinarian controls each sperm preparation Center or transplant of embryos entering the semen, ova and embryos and cargo and report to the Department, if it finds that: 15.1 the veterinary health certificate does not meet the requirements of this regulation;
15.2. semen, ova or embryos of the labelling does not comply with the requirements of this regulation;
15.3. these provisions have been taken by these studies.
16. Service prohibit the placing on the movement of bovine animals, swine, equidae, sheep and goat embryos and ova or stallions, buck and teķ semen if they do not meet the rules of cargo under point 15.
III. requirements for semen, ova and embryos from third countries to import 17. Semen, ova and embryos imported: 17.1. from those third countries or parts thereof from which the European Commission has authorized the importation of stallions, buck and teķ semen, equine, ovine, caprine, porcine and bovine ova and embryos in the European Union (annex 2);
17.2. of those third countries in the preparation of the semen or embryos transplantation centres, companies, of which the European Commission has authorized the importation of stallions and teķ goat semen and bovine, equine, ovine, caprine and porcine ova and embryos in the European Union;
17.3. If bovine donor: 17.3.1. prior to embryo collection for not less than six months stayed in the territory of a third country no more than two herds;
17.3.2. comply with the animal health requirements set out in these regulations;
17.4. If the requirements of the third country regarding tuberculosis, brucellosis and enzootic bovine leucosis are the same or stricter than that laid down in laws and regulations concerning veterinary requirements for bovine and porcine movement;
17.5. only frozen embryos – if a third country carries out vaccination against foot-and-mouth disease. Before being sent to the Member State in the case of frozen embryos stored for not less than 30 days;
17.6. If donor embryos are from the herd and accommodation: 17.6.1. in which the animals were at least 30 days prior to collection of the embryos have not been vaccinated against foot-and-mouth disease;
17.6.2. veterinary in which prohibitions or restrictions under the regulations for infectious animal diseases.
18. Latvia from third countries imported semen, embryos and ova of the cargo, if it is filled in by a veterinary health certificate. The veterinary health certificate (original), which is sent together with the semen, embryos and ova in the cargo, shall meet the following requirements: 18.1. obtaining the completed and issued by the official veterinarian of the country according to laws and regulations on the procedures issued by the animals and products of animal origin veterinary health certificate;
18.2. you filled in at least in one of the official languages of the country of destination and in one of the official languages of the Member State in which the embryos, ova or semen import cargo control;
18.3. it's one single document;
18.4. This is intended for one consignee.
19. the ova, embryos and semen shipment, imported from a third country, the service shall apply to veterinary control arrangements according to the legislation on veterinary checks procedures in Latvia imported products of animal origin from third countries.
IV. Health requirements for the preparation of the semen Centre 20. preparation of the semen complies with the following requirements: 20.1. recognition Center constantly carry out the monitoring centre veterinarian;
20.2. the Center is: 20.2.1. designated animal storage, Stallion semen production centre-designated horse training area;
20.2.2. isolation rooms for isolation and contact with clinically healthy animals;
20.2.3. collection of the semen in the room or area with a separate room for the cleaning of equipment and instruments, disinfecting or sterilization;
20.2.4. a semen processing room which is separate from the area in which the animals;
20.2.5. a semen storage room which is separate from the other rooms.
21. preparation of semen the premises comply with the following requirements: 21.1. animal accommodation and horse training area is separated from the collection facilities or areas and semen processing and storage facilities;
21.2. is prevent the animals kept in the Centre to come into contact with animals outside the Centre;
21.3. animal storage, animal ISO would space and the collection, processing and storage facilities are easy to clean and disinfect.
22. the preparation of the semen complies with the following requirements: the monitoring center staying 22.1 animals intended for use in the abstraction of the semen;
22.2. the Centre hosts other animals if they: 22.2.1. required for the operation of the Centre;
22.2.2. poses no risk of infection to the animal from which semen;
22.2.3. meets the requirements of the Centre veterinarian;
22.3. artificial insemination or natural breeding (for natural mating during) the horse health status complies with this provision in paragraph 64 and 65 above requirements if the Stallion semen production centre is a joint area with artificial insemination of horses to the premises or area and natural breeding premises or area;
22.4. a database has been created (on paper or electronically), indicating for each animal of the Centre the following information available: 22.4.1. the species, breed, date of birth and identification number;
22.4.2. date of preparation of the semen of animals entering and leaving it in the Centre;
22.4.3. medical history, diagnostic tests carried out, their results and vaccination;
22.4.4. date of collection of the semen;
22.4.5. information about the storage of semen;
22.5. unauthorised entry and residence is prohibited. Visitors who stay in the Centre is authorized to execute the instructions of the Centre veterinarian;
22.6. the Centre employs staff who carry out disinfection procedures and hygiene measures to prevent the spread of communicable diseases;
14.1. the collection, processing and storage of the premises takes place or area that is intended solely for that purpose, and the semen does not come into contact with any other semen.
23. the official veterinarian shall supervise the preparation of the semen Centre and assess the compliance of the activities of the Centre that the requirements of the rules. When carrying out checks, the official veterinary doctor observe personal hygiene to prevent the spread of the infectious disease threat. The official veterinarian shall carry out the checks: 23.1. not less frequently than once a year, if the Center staying horses;
23.2. at least every six months if the Center keeps sheep and goats.
24. the preparation of the semen of animals of the Center 30 days prior to collection of the semen and not used for natural mating during the period.
25. Tools and materials that collection or preparation process comes into contact with the semen or the donor animal, they disinfected before use (sterilize) or use the tools once used.
26. If the Stallion semen production centre is a joint area with artificial insemination of horses to the premises or area and natural breeding premises or area, using some of the tools and equipment. These tools and equipment use only: 26.1. collection and processing;
26.2. the artificial insemination;
26.3. for natural mating during;
26.4. the donor of the semen or servicing other animals, staying in the Center.
27. the products of animal origin used in the dilution of semen processed prior to use so that they do not create a risk for animal health.
28. If frozen semen shall be prepared using a cryogenic previously not used for other products of animal origin.
29. Semen storage and transport containers before filling with cryogenic-disinfected or sterilized, or use containers to be applied once.
30. Frozen semen stored in quarantine during cryogenic storage rooms not less than 30 days before dispatch. Stored and transported in containers of semen from one donor.
31. the semen intended for marketing in the Member States, from the preparation of the semen Center storage facilities until delivery to the destination of the semen is transported in a container labelled in a Member State that seal the official veterinarian.
32. each quantity of semen is marked. The label says: 32.1. country of origin of the semen;
32.2. the date of collection of the semen;
32.3. the donor of the semen, the breed and identification of the species number;
32.4. the preparation of the semen center number and name recognition.
V. health requirements in embryo transplant company 33. Embryos shall be collected, processed and stored by the veterinarian or the competent group of technicians under the supervision of the official veterinarian of the group, which the team veterinarian is trained to perform hygiene and disinfection measures to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
34. The embryo transplant company under the control of the official veterinarian. By inspection, the official veterinarian observe personal hygiene to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
35. The embryo transplant company has permanent or mobile laboratory where embryos are examined, processed and packed and which includes at least a work surface, microscope and cryogenic (freezing) equipment.
36. The standing in the laboratory are: 36.1. the room in which the embryos are handled (manipulation) and located next to, but separate from the area where the embryos obtained from donor animals;
36.2. the room or area with facilities for embryo collection and processing instruments and equipment for cleaning and sterilisation;
36.3. laminar flow equipment, if embryo micromanipulation which involves performing penetration of the zona pellucida. Equipment cleaned and disinfected ievākum processing of embryos in between.
37. mobile laboratory (according to the installation in the vehicle) are two separate parts: 37.1. the verification and processing of embryos (clean);
37.2. the storage of equipment and materials used in contact with the donor animals.
38. If embryo transplant company prepared and processed in vitro fertilization and in vitro cultivation of embryos in embryo transplant company meet additional requirements: 38.1. ensure team veterinarian technician training on laboratory work methods;
38.2. the embryo transplant organization is a permanent preparation of embryos in the laboratory, which is: a separate room for 38.2.1. eggs from ovaries;
38.2.2. a separate room or area of the processing of ova and embryos;
38.2.3. a separate room or area for the storage of embryos;
38.3. the embryo transplant company have laminar flow equipment, handling eggs, sperm and embryos. The semen may be outside of the centrifuge for laminar flow equipment, respecting hygiene measures to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
39. mobile laboratory ensure permanent cooperation with the laboratory to ensure that the mobile laboratory equipment sterilization and supply solutions, tools and equipment used in the mining and processing of embryos.
40. where ova and other tissues obtained the slaughterhouse veterinarian technician of the Group and the ova and other tissues used once to obtain the tools and equipment used.
41. The embryo transplant company's veterinarian or technician of the Group and other tissues are obtained at the slaughterhouse and taken the preparation of embryos in the laboratory, subject to the requirements of hygiene and sterility, to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
Vi. the embryos and ova in the acquisition, processing, storage and transport conditions for embryos obtained 42. apsēkloj of this rule 7. embryos referred to donor semen that meets the following requirements:
42.1. equidae, sheep and goat embryos with donor semen in apsēkl that is prepared according to these provisions the requirements contained in chapter IV;
26.2. the embryo donor in the apsēkl the pigs with sperm that is prepared according to the legislation on veterinary requirements for trade in porcine semen;
26.3. the donor animal of bovine artificial apsēkl or the apaugļ of bovine ova in vitro with sperm that is prepared according to the legislation on veterinary requirements for trade in semen of bulls in the Member States or imported from third countries.
43. the embryos to prepare the embryo transplant trade. The embryo must not come into contact with the embryos that do not conform to the requirements of this regulation.
44. the embryos obtained in a room or area that: 44.1. is easy to clean and disinfect;
44.2. keeps order;
27.5. is separate from the premises or part of the holding.
45. the embryos shall prepare (verify, washed, treated and placed in sterile containers marked and) permanent or mobile laboratory facilities. Portable or permanent laboratory located in the territory, which is not specific to veterinary prohibition or quarantine measures pursuant to laws and regulations for infectious animal diseases.
46. Instruments that embryo collection or processing comes into contact with the embryos or the donor before use disinfected or sterilized, or use the tools once used.
47. at the time of acquisition of the embryo transfer solution used in products of animal origin are so processed that do not pose a threat to animal health.
48. Ova and embryos of the collection, processing (inspection, cleaning and enrichment), canning or freezing uses sterilized media and solutions.
49. The embryo freezing the cryogenic agent before it is not used for other products of animal origin or for other purposes.
50. the containers in which the embryos are stored and transported in disinfected or sterilized before the commencement of each filling.
51. Each container in which the embryos are stored and transported in, labelled. The label says: 51.1. embryo collection;
51.2. the embryo donor females and the male of the species, breed of the donor animal and identification number;
51.3. the embryo transplant company's approval number.
52. Each embryo wash no fewer than 10 times in the solution provided for this purpose. Embryo washing, comply with the following conditions: 52.1. the solution change each wash;
52.2. each solution is one hundred times the previous solution is dilution;
52.3. embryo transfer at each use a sterile micropipette;
52.4. one solution you can wash embryos collected from a single donor.
53. After the last wash each embryo is examined with a microscope magnification of 50 in order to determine whether the zona pellucida is not damaged and keep clean the surface.
54. Any micromanipulation which involves penetration of the zona pellucida after the last wash and checking out only and equipped for this purpose. Such micromanipulation may only embryos that the zona pellucida is not damaged.
55. the embryo of ievākum who are tested according to this provision, paragraph 53, and placed in a sterile container marked and sealed immediately.
56. Embryos (if prepared frozen embryos), frozen and stored in the official veterinarian monitoring the storage room.
57. The embryo transplant company regularly rinsing solution, washing solution, the invalid (scrap) of unfertilized ova and embryo samples for microbiological and virological investigation for mikoloģisk to determine their contamination by micro-organisms.
58. The embryo transplant organization has information (paper or electronic) of the embryo. It stores the 24 months after the embryo transfer. Information: 58.1. embryo the donor animal of the species, breed, age, ID number and the herd of origin;
58.2. fetal extraction, treatment and storage;
58.3. embryos identification number and particulars of the destination;
58.4. details of micromanipulation techniques that involve penetration of the zona pellucida or other techniques (such as in vitro fertilization or/and in vitro cultivation). In vitro fertilization embryos may be obtained to label all embryo ievākum, including information about ovaries or egg collection date and location.
59. These rules 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 and 58 apply paragraph ovarian, eggs and other in vitro fertilization or in vitro cultivation of tissue to be used in the extraction, processing and transportation. In addition, the following additional conditions: 59.1. slaughterhouse, in which the ovaries and other tissues: 59.1.1. is under the supervision of the official veterinarian. Official veterinarian carried out ante-mortem inspection of donors, and post-mortem inspection;
59.1.2. not in the territory in which the specific veterinary prohibition or quarantine measures pursuant to the requirements of the laws of the infectious animal disease control;
59.2. the materials and tools that come in direct contact with the ovaries and other tissues to sterilize prior to use and only used for this purpose, or use the tools once used. Separate ova and embryos, the donor uses separate tools and materials;
59.3. slaughterhouse derived ovaries and other tissues shall not be carried out at the premises of the processing of the embryos while the slaughterhouse is not carried out post-mortem inspection of the animal. If the donor or any same day finds a slaughtered animal infectious diseases clinical signs, all that day the slaughterhouse measured tissue and ovaries destroyed;
59.4.53 and 54 of these regulations, paragraph cleaning and verification procedures shall be carried out after in vitro cultivation procedure is complete.
59.5. any micromanipulation which involves penetration of the zona pellucida shall be carried out after this provision. the procedure provided for in subparagraph 59.4 execution;
59.6. one ampoule or vial stored embryos collected from a single donor.
60. The embryo transplant company provides storage of embryos suitable temperatures in rooms that comply with the following requirements: 60.1. have one or more of those spaces that are intended solely for the storage of embryos;
60.2. space is easy to clean and disinfect;
60.3. are continuously received and sent to the registry of the embryos, which specifically states the destination of embryos;
60.4. the room monitor team veterinarian;
60.5. premises controlled by the official veterinarian;
60.6. frozen embryos before sending stored not less than 30 days.
61. In the case of frozen cow embryos allowed to store bull semen storage room, where they meet: 61.1 legislation on veterinary requirements for trade in semen of bulls in the Member States and import from third countries;
61.2. to permit service;
38.1. the embryos stored in separate containers.
62. Member States provided for the marketing of embryos from storage facilities that comply with the requirements of this regulation, up to the delivery to the final destination in another Member State carrying highlighted and sealed containers. Embryos during transport is prevent infection by pathogenic organisms and the ability to carry infectious diseases.
63. Seal number that is specified on the container, comply with the veterinary health certificate number.
VII. Veterinary requirements for stallions, buck and teķ semen preparation Center or shed 64. the uses of the semen of stallions who meet the following requirements: 64.1. preparation of semen imported, they are clinically healthy;
64.2. they come from a Member State, a part of the territory of a Member State or a third country and from a holding located in the supervision of the official veterinarian, and comply with the legislation on veterinary requirements of the horse movement and imports from third countries;
64.3.30 days prior to collection of the semen have been kept on the holding of those in which this period is not found in the equine viral arthritis clinical signs;
64.4.60 days prior to collection of the semen have been kept on the holding of those in which this period is not contagious equine metritis found clinical signs;
64.5.30 days prior to the first semen collection and during the collection of the semen does not use the natural breeding;
64.6. those conducting such studies: 64.6.1. equine infectious anaemia, an agar-gel immuno-response (test Required);
64.6.2. equine viral arthritis-the serum (the virus) neutralization reaction. If the serum dilution (1:4) is positive, then the entire semen ievākum, derived from the Stallion, the study carried out by virus isolation method for detection of the virus of equine viral arthritis;
64.6.3. contagious equine metritis studies carried out on two occasions with an interval of seven days by isolation of taylorella equigenitalis from semen samples and from samples of prepūcij washings, urine izvadkanāl and holes.
65. This provision 64.6 stallions below. referred to studies carried out in the following order: 65.1. where trade in fresh or chilled semen and:
65.1.1. If the Stallion from which semen, not less than 30 days prior to collection of the semen and the period of preparation of the semen reside in the Center and no horse this centre come into direct contact with animals of a lower health status, the studies carried out 14 days after permanent residence starting preparation of the semen collection centre and the beginning of the period, but no less than once every 12 months;
65.1.2. If the Stallion from which semen, reside in the center of preparation of semen or other horse this Center has come in direct contact with animals of a lower health status, the study: 18.104.22.168. take 14 days before start of collection of the semen and sperm production in the beginning of the period, but no less than once every 12 months;
22.214.171.124. the provision laid down in subparagraph 64.6.1., carried out at least every 120 days during the period of collection of the semen;
126.96.36.199. the provision laid down in subparagraph 64.6.2., not later than 30 days before each of the semen, if the one regularly performed virus isolation method does not confirm that the animal is not seropositive for equine viral arthritis distributor;
65.2. where trade in frozen semen, use one of the following options: 65.2.1. this rule 65.1. the bottom of the investigation referred to in paragraph 1;
65.2.2. mandatory for frozen semen storage period of 30 days and not earlier than 14 days after collection of the semen out of the studies laid down in these rules, 64.6. regardless of whether a Stallion semen production centre of staying permanently or reside permanently.
66. the use of the semen of the IBEX and teķ: 66.1. which, in the opinion of the official veterinarian at the Center, on the day of collection of the semen is clinically healthy;
66.2. whose health status complies with veterinary requirements applicable for breeding sheep and goats, provided for under the legislation on veterinary requirements for movement of sheep and goats.
67. Buck and the teķ 30 days prior to collection of the semen out of studies of such diseases: 67.1. brucellosis (b. melitensis) in accordance with the legislation on veterinary requirements for movement of ovine and caprine animals;
67.2. infective epididymitis (b. Ovis) in accordance with the legislation on veterinary requirements for movement of ovine and caprine animals;
67.3. pestivirusāl infection in sheep (border disease virus).
68. If any of these rules, 64, 65 and 67.66. referred examinations is positive: 68.1. positively responded to the animal and this animal quarantines, semen is obtained from the last study carried out with negative result, prohibits the use of trade;
68.2. prohibited use other relevant susceptible animal semen, semen production centre or shed obtained after study with positive results. Trade in semen resumed when the center of the animal health situation in conformity with the requirements of these provisions.
VIII. Health requirements for bovine animals, swine, equidae, sheep and goats in ova and embryos of donor animals 69. donor of ova and embryos used for the taking of ova or embryos, if the donor is from the herds and accommodation, which checked the official veterinarian and found that: 69.1. sheep and goat health status complies with laws and regulations concerning veterinary requirements for the movement of sheep and goats;
EB 69.2. horse health status complies with laws and regulations concerning veterinary requirements for the movement of the horse and the import from third countries and are subject to the following conditions: 69.2.1. horses prior to embryo collection of ova or 60 days there where sites during this period have been found in the equine contagious metritis clinical signs;
69.2.2. horses for 30 days before the taking of ova or embryos are not used for natural mating during;
69.3. swine health status complies with laws and regulations concerning veterinary requirements for bovine and porcine.
70. the donor cow embryos shall meet the following requirements: 70.1. they not less than six months staying in the territory of the European Union or third country from which imports of bovine allowed embryos and ova in the European Union;
70.2. they maintain the herd of origin for not less than 30 days prior to embryo collection;
70.3. their herd of origin are: 70.3.1. tuberculosis according to the regulations on the procedures taken to infectious disease prevention and control, which affects both people and animals;
70.3.2. brucellosis free or relatively free from brucellosis under the legislation on the prevention of communicable diseases and eradication of suffering with both animals and people;
70.3.3. free from enzootic bovine leukosis according to laws and regulations for enzootic bovine leucosis procedure for the prevention and eradication. The donor can be from herds or flocks which are not free from enzootic bovine leukosis, but for which you have received a confirmation of the service over the last three years have been found in a herd of enzootic bovine leukosis clinical signs;
70.4. during the previous 12 months they stayed in herds that have been free of bovine infectious bovine rhinotracheitis/Pustular vulvovaginitis in clinical symptoms.
71. Bovine embryo collection embryo donor day: 71.1. is clinically healthy;
71.2. maintain the herd and shed in which veterinary restrictions or prohibition under the regulations for infectious animal diseases.
72. The cows used for egg donors (removes the eggs or ovarian), apply the rules 70 and 71 of these conditions.
73. The donor animal, from which after slaughter the ova and other tissues: 73.1. not intended for slaughter in accordance with the infectious animal disease control programme;
73.2. not from the herd and accommodation, which lays down the veterinary restrictions or prohibition under the regulations for infectious animal diseases.
74. Slaughterhouse, which get ova and other tissues, is not in the territory in which the specific veterinary restrictions or prohibition under the regulations for infectious animal diseases.
IX. final question 75. Regulations shall enter into force by 30 June 2006.
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) the Council on 25 September 1989, Directive 89/556/EEC on animal health conditions governing intra-Community trade in embryos of domestic animals of the bovine species, and imports from third countries;
2) Council 26 June 1990 directive 90/425/EEC concerning veterinary and zootechnical checks applicable in intra-Community trade in certain live animals and products with a view to the completion of the internal market;
3) Council on 13 July 1992 Directive 92/65/EEC laying down the animal health requirements for the animals, semen, ova and embryos of the trade in and imports into the community, not subject to animal health requirements laid down in specific Community rules referred to in Directive 90/425/EEC in Annex A (I);
4) Council 26 June 1993 of Directive 93/52/EEC, amending Directive 89/556/EEC on animal health conditions governing intra-Community trade in embryos of domestic animals of the bovine, and imports from third countries;
5) Council of 26 April 2004-Directive 2004/68/EC laying down animal health rules for certain species of ungulates that live animals import and transit through the community, amending Directives 90/426/EEC and 92/65/EEC and repealing Directive 72/462/EEC.
Prime Minister a. Halloween farming Minister – the Minister of the environment r. vējonis Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 30 June 2006.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 20 June 2006 regulations no 491 bovine embryos and ova of veterinary health certificate instead of the Minister for Agriculture, Minister for the environment r. vējonis annex 2 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 June 2006 regulations no 491 third countries from which the European Commission authorised imports of bovine embryos the European Union no PO box
The ISO code of the country 1.
With Argentina 2.
AU Australia 3.
CA Canada 4.
CH Switzerland 5.
HR Croatia 6.
IL Israel 7.
MK Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 8.
NZ New Zealand 9.
RO Romania 10.
USA United States Agriculture Minister, the Minister of the environment r. vējonis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia