Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/140450
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 584, Riga, 11 July 2006 (pr. No 37 42) the National Police College Charter Issued in accordance with the universities Act 10.1 the first paragraph of article i. General questions 1. the National Police College (the College) is the Cabinet of Ministers established the national police under the authority of an educational institution. College after secondary education mining (learners) provides the ability to get first level professional higher education and the fourth level of professional qualifications.
2. the College's full name: Latvian language 2.1 – the National Police College;
2.2. English language – State Police College;
2.3. in German-Staats to College poliz;
2.4. the Russian language – Колледж государственной полиции.
3. the registered office of the College – lakeside Street 8, Riga, LV-1014, Latvia.
4. College governing body representation and authority are College Council (hereinafter Council) and master (Director). The Council is a collegial decision-making body of the staff of the College of education and research. The Director is the highest officer of the College, the College of General Administrative and business management and without specific authorisation by the representative College.
II. activities of the College and the basic task of College activity 5 axes are as follows: 5.1 first level professional higher education in the development and implementation of programs to prepare police officers to the national police service;
5.2. implementation of the educational process, promoting student police officers in personal development and providing a chance to get first level professional higher education and a fourth level of professional qualifications;
5.3. the professional continuing education and professional development programmes;
5.4. the opportunity for the student to prepare to provide for the continuation of education for the second level professional higher education and professional qualifications at level 5.
6. the task of the College are as follows: appropriate professions 6.1 standards and national standards of vocational training, as well as in cooperation with the national police to develop vocational training programs and organize its implementation;
6.2. in cooperation with the national police to develop and implement police officers professional continuing education and professional development programs;
6.3. the development of examination content and methods and in cooperation with the national police to organize the examination;
6.4. to ensure the educational process and the quality of the test to the vocational college education and professional qualifications recognised in Latvia and abroad;
6.5. The National Police Chief's order to provide theoretical, practical and methodological assistance to national police departments;
6.6. to promote research development with police activity in related sectors;
6.7. to cooperate with Latvian and foreign educational institutions and State police in the field of vocational training;
6.8. to inform the public about the activities of the College and vocational training and the acquisition of qualifications opportunities in College;
6.9. to promote academic improvement of professional qualification of personnel;
6.10. the national police chief to take part in the procedure set by the national police in the performance of the delegated tasks;
6.11. to perform other actions in accordance with the legislation.
III. the election of the Council the Council 7. organised by the Director. The Council further, by secret ballot. Representatives from the Council to work more academic and general staff and student. The Director and Deputy Director shall be included in the Council without election.
8. the Council shall elect the Chairman and the Secretary of the Council. Council to act in accordance with the country's police Chief confirmed the Statute of the Council.
9. the composition of the Council is approved by the national police chief. The Council's term of Office is three years.
10. the Council shall consist of the members of the 15padom: 10.1 College Director;
10.2. the Deputy Director of the College;
UR10.3.se s academic staff representatives (the College is their main job place);
10.4. two general staff representatives;
10.5. the two student government representatives;
UR10.6.tr short the National Chief of police's authorized national police structure unit officers.
11. The Council shall: 11.1. approved education program and develop proposals for new education programmes;
11.2. Approves the college admission rules laid down;
11.3. confirm the direction of applied research;
11.4. gives proposals on College departments, restructuring and dissolution;
11.5. consider and coordinate the public statements of the College;
UR11.6.pie takes the Director's College submitted annual activity report;
11.7. support and encourage the student's own regulatory activities, as well as approve the student self-government rules;
11.8. the development of Council regulation;
9. proposes that the question about the college name or legal status;
11.10. Approves the regulations on the procedure of study and test in College;
11.11. Approves the regulations on academic and administrative positions in college and election procedures in these posts;
11.12. the review and approval of the College flag, coat-of-arms and the emblem of the meta-plot;
11.13. the development of the College Charter and amendments;
11.14. other questions which, in accordance with the Statute of the Council of the College.
12. The Council shall be convened by its Chairman, the Director of the College or not less than eight members of the Council. The Council meets at least once every two months.
13. the Council are valid if they are sitting on at least 10padom members. The Council's decisions shall be taken by a simple majority, a vote. If the votes of the Council members divided into similar, the President of the Council shall have a casting vote.
14. the Director has a suspensive veto rights in respect to the decisions of the Council. After the veto question of application of the harmonisation, the Commission examined. The Commission shall set up a Coordination Council. The Conciliation Commission shall consist of the Director, the Chairman of the Board and one representative of the academic staff, the General staff and student. The Reconciliation Commission decision approving the next Council meeting. Council decision shall enter into force if, by secret vote, vote for it not less than 10 of those present to the members of the Council.
IV. The Director Director appointed 15 and released from Office by the national police chief.
16. the Director: 16.1 appointed and relieved of his post college academic and general staff;
UR16.2.dod direct orders of College personnel;
16.3. in accordance with the competency issue written orders;
16.4. the College issued internal rules and other college internal regulations, if the College statute provides otherwise;
16.5. organizes the College development strategy;
16.6. the measures the College facilities development and organizes College economic activity;
16.7. organizes and oversees studies and teaching in College;
16.8. The national police chiefs of the College's structure and number of posts in College;
10.5. approve the job description;
16.10. liaise with Latvian and foreign educational institutions;
16.11 in accordance with the regulations approved by the Council shall organise the election of academic staff;
16.12. organise Council elections;
16.13. arranges College annual report and provides opportunities for College to become acquainted with it staff and other interested parties;
16.14. the responsibility for the use of the financial resources of the College and provide the State budget allocated for targeted and effective use;
16.15. submits to the Ministry of education and science, the national police and the College squat front Council College activities annual report and provides opportunities for College staff to become acquainted with it;
16.16. legislation in certain assignments.
17. If the College is free or free academic position, the Director, in accordance with the decision of the Council of the College is the right not to announce a contest, but for a period of up to two years to hire a visiting guest lecturer, or viesdocent.
V. College departments 18. Education, research, organizational, economic or service work to be carried out in the departments of the College. Education and research work of the Department is pamatstruktūrvienīb College. The organizational, economic and operational work of the College can also consist of other departments (divisions).
19. the decision on the establishment, reorganization of departments or liquidation, having regard to the proposal from the Director, the College adopted the national police chief.
20. the Department tasks, functions and rights of the subjects of the Department. Regulations approved by the College's Director. The Unit Manager is responsible for the work of the Department.
21. The Department has at least six academic staff representatives holding elected positions. Chair shall be elected according to the following rule 11.11. bottom above regulation.
22. the College is made up of departments that implemented the vocational education, vocational secondary education, professional development and continuing education programs.
Vi. College personnel 23. College staff (staff): 23.1. academic staff – academic positions in elected jobs trivia;
23.2. General staff;
24. the staff in accordance with the internal rules of the College are entitled to use the College facilities, equipment, inventory, and other items in the library.
25. The tasks of the staff is to facilitate the activities of the College and to support transparency in its administration. Personnel have the right to participate in decisions affecting staff interests, submit proposals, as well as to be heard.
26. The academic staff consists of: 26.1. Assistant Professor;
26.2. the lecturer;
26.3. the Assistant.
27. the Person elected in academic and administrative positions elected by open competition in accordance with the rules of procedure referred to in paragraph 11.11. The contest is advertised for at least a month before the election, the publication of a notice in the newspaper "Gazette" and putting it on the College's website on the internet.
28. academic positions may elect a person with doctorate or master's degree.
29. Professional study programme profile subjects of the post of Assistant Professor may hold a person with higher education without degree, if it is appropriate for the subject matter concerned at least seven years seniority in practice. Requirements of this Assistant Professor position sliding the applicants, approved by the Council. Professional study programme profile subjects or Assistant lecturer posts can take a person with higher education without degree, if it is the subject matter appropriate for at least five years ' seniority in practice.
30. the Director concluded the employment contract with the person to be elected for six years.
31. Academic staff is responsible for the following: 19.3. creatively and responsibly participate in the implementation of education programmes;
31.2. constantly improve their professional qualifications;
31.3. to participate in the College's curriculum development facilities;
19.5. to observe the rules of professional conduct;
19.6. to answer for their actions and their results;
19.6. to provide the student the opportunity to pursue College in their own rights.
32. the right of academic staff are the following: 32.1. the education programmes free to establish educational programmes and test content, forms and methods according to the regulations on the study and test procedures;
32.2. the research work, to freely choose work methods, evaluate and publish research results;
32.3. submit proposals for action relevant to the objective of the College events;
32.4. offer new educational programs and to propose new educational programmes of initiation;
32.5. propose education program updates and a new course of study;
32.6. proposals on College development and internal policing;
32.7. to be elected representative body for College and decision-making bodies.
33. Reflektant intake in College organized by admissions. The composition of the Committee each year shall be approved by the Council. The Committee operates in accordance with the Statute, the State Police Chief.
34. If reflektant is greater than the number of College places opened in the education program, the student selection carried out by tender.
35. the Reflektant shall contain the number of college student with a Director's order.
36. the Student has the following rights: 36.1. get acquainted with the college course, its contents and requirements;
36.2. the suspend and resume their studies in the order established by the Council;
22.6. to receive information about any changes in the Organization of study process;
36.4. get tutorials in learning;
22.7. the student self-government and the vote to be elected to it.
37. the Student shall have the following responsibilities: 37.1. fully and successfully to master study programme;
23.1. to fulfil their duties in accordance with the staff regulations and regulatory orders;
37.3. to comply with the Statute, the Council of the College approved by-laws and internal rules;
37.4. gently treat uniforms, College facilities and equipment.
38. The student self-government creates the learners and operate in accordance with the rules of the self-governing student which develops student and approved by the Council.
39. Student advocate and representative self-government student interest in college.
40. The student authority have the right to request and receive from the College representative, management institutions and decision-making bodies, as well as heads of Department information and clarification on the issues that affect the interests of the student.
41. Student Government representatives have the right to participate in the College authority.
42. The student self-government decisions are subject to approval by the Council is binding to all student.
VII. Programme development and approval process of the Studio 43. Governing Council approved regulations.
44. develop and provide to sign up for courses of academic departments of might.
45. On the content of the study programme and its implementation is in charge of the study.
46. In conclusion, the study programme is the national test. National test component is skill development and advocacy.
47. the study programme and the decision on the termination of the implementation of the programme shall be adopted by the Council.
48. If the program is eliminated, the College provided the student an opportunity to continue studies in another program or the corresponding college courses at another college or University.
49. the decision on the implementation of new educational programmes in the launch of the College Council shall be adopted after consulting the national police chief.
VIII. the governing documents of the College development and making arrangements 50. College internal practices in regulatory documents approved by the Director.
51. The procedures governing action in areas where regulation is beyond the competence of the Director, be approved by the Council on a proposal from the Director.
52. the amendments to the Statute of the College Development Council. Amendments shall enter into force after coordination and approval of the legislation.
IX. activities of the College of Justice and reports on College activities 53. College activities rule of law provides the Director.
54. the Director has the right to cancel the College structure unit Deputy Director, Chief of the decisions, orders and instructions.
55. the Director of the administrative acts issued or actual action may challenge the State police. The national police decision can be appealed in court.
56. the Director not less than annually submit national police trainee front review of College and College performance of tasks assigned to the use of budgetary resources.
X College reorganization and liquidation. procedures 57. Decision on reorganization or liquidation of the College after the Interior Minister accepted the proposal of the Cabinet of Ministers.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Interior Minister b. Jaundžeikar Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 26 July 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia