Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/142376
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 670 Riga, august 22, 2006 (pr. No 43) provisions on metrological requirements issued to the taximeter in accordance with the law "on a uniformity of measurements" the second subparagraph of article 6 and the law "on conformity assessment" 7. the first paragraph of article 1. determine the metrological requirements and the conformity assessment procedures before the taximeter, the taximeter is placed in the internal market, as well as placed in service. 2. These provisions shall not apply to distance synthesised signal generators producing. 3. the meaning of these provisions: 3.1.-measuring device of the taximeter, which works in conjunction with a synthesised signal generators producing and with it form a measuring tool. This gauge determines the duration of the journey and calculates the distance based on the signal received from a synthesised signal generators producing. Based on the calculated distance or down the length of the journey, or both together, it makes papildaprēķin and presented to the fee for the journey;
3.2. the fare — the total amount of money for the trip, which is justified either by the initial contribution of a specific, as well as the length of the trip or the trip duration, or with an initial installment, the length of the journey and the duration of the journey together. Fares do not include fees for additional services;
3.3. switching speed-rate value obtained by dividing the time tariff value by a distance tariff value.
3.4. normal calculation mode S (single tariff)-fare calculation, which is based on the time of use tariff, if not get the changeover speed, and distance tariff, if the switching speed is exceeded;
3.5. the normal calculation mode D (double tariff)-fare calculation, which is based at the time of the tariff and distance tariff for the whole journey;
3.6. operating positions-different modes in which a taximeter fulfils various functions. Operating positions are distinguished by the following indications: 3.6.1. "free"-a mode of operation in which the fare is cut off;
3.6.2. "busy"-a mode of operation in which the fare calculation is enabled, based either on the possible contributions of the original, as well as the distance of the tariff or the duration of the journey, or to the original contribution, as well as distance tariff and journey times together;
3.6.3. "fee"-operation mode, which represents a fee for trips and off at least the fare calculation based on time. 4. Essential requirements taximeters certain regulatory provisions on metrological requirements measuring instruments. The specific requirements for the taximeters of the rules laid down in the annex. 5. The taximeter shall comply with the requirements of these rules and regulations in the Act on the metrological requirements measuring instruments. 6. The manufacturer may choose conformity assessment procedures of modules B + F or B + D or H1. Module specific regulatory provisions on metrological requirements measuring instruments. 7. The taximeter which type approval issued to the date of entry into force of the rules, allowed to put on the market and the taxi meter, which made first-time verification, allowed to pass until they use the type approval expiration date, but if it is not set, the-by 2016 of 30 October. 8. The entry into force of the provisions by 30 October 2006. Informative reference to European Union Directive provisions included in the law arising from the European Parliament and of the Council of 31 March 2004, Directive 2004/22/EC on measuring instruments. Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister a. Štokenberg annex a Cabinet of 22 august 2006 regulations No 670 special metrological requirements 1. Taxi meter is designed to calculate the mileage and driving time.
2. the taxi meter is designed to function mode "busy" calculate and display the fare, which gradually increased in accordance with the local authorities the statutory tariff.
3. The taxi meter running mode "fee" presented the final journey.
4. The taximeter design provides the normal calculation modes S and d. calculation of one or the other setting is protected.
5. Taxi meter with suitable and protected interfaces (interfaces), provide the following information: 5.1. working mode "free", "busy" or "fee";
5.2. the counter data (paragraph 21 of this appendix in size);
5.3. General information (distance synthesised signal generators producing constant, Setup date, taxi identification, real time, identification of the tariff);
5.4. information on the fare (total, fare, calculation of the fare, fees, dates, start and end time, mileage);
5.5. information on tariffs (tariff rates).
6. The taxi meter can be connected to certain devices, if provided for under legislation. If such equipment is intended, the taximeter is automatically protected in the situation, where the meter is fitted with the wrong equipment or the equipment is not working correctly.
7. If necessary, you can adjust the taxi meter connected in a synthesised signal generators producing constant, providing such a framework of protection.
8. The taximeter shall be applied to the mechanical environment class M3.
9. the manufacturer of the taximeter indicates in specific operating conditions: 9.1. climatic environmental minimum temperature range of 80 ° C; measuring 9.2 feature for the DC power supply source characteristics.
10. maximum permissible errors (MPEs), excluding any errors resulting from the use of the taximeter in a taxi, are: 10.1 ± 0.1% of the time, the minimum CPC value 0.2 s.
10.2 ± 0.2% mileage. minimum CPC value 4 m; 10.3. fare calculation ± 0,1% minimum value (including the noap ļošan) is the fare display the last significant digit.
11. Taxi meters suitable for the E3 electromagnetic class.
12. The MPE laid down in paragraph 10 of this annex, must also comply with the presence of an electromagnetic disturbance.
13. If the voltage falls below the lower limit specified by the manufacturer, the taximeter: 13.1. continue to work flawless or flawless operation resumed without loss of data, which is a temporary loss of voltage, such as engine restart;
13.2. stops and returns to the measuring mode "for hire" If the voltage loss is maintained over a long time period.
14. The taximeter and the distance in terms of the compatibility of the synthesised signal generators producing you are determined by the manufacturer of the taximeter.
15. where is for fees for additional services (additional services enter the taxi driver with manual command), the fees are not included in the fare displayed.
16. If the fare is calculated according to calculation mode D, taxi meter can be equipped with additional shows the display in real time is indicated only the total mileage and driving times.
17. all readings are provided for the passenger corresponding to identified and clearly legible both day and night light conditions.
18. You can protect the measuring instrument settings and data input, if the amount to be paid or the measures against fraudulent activities may affect the programmed function Setup or free data entry.
19. The taximeter in the available means of protection is the protection of the individual settings.
20. The conditions in the Act, regulations of metrological requirements measuring features for software identification, marking and protection, are also applicable.
21. the taxi meter is equipped with a counter that can not be reset. Adder (summarized values also include readings, which saved the lost energy supply) for the following values: 21.1 total taxi run;
21.2. the total mileage in "busy" mode;
21.3. the total number of trips in "busy" mode;
21.4. the total amount of money that is received as a bonus;
21.5. the total amount of money received in the "fee".
22. If the taxi meter is disconnected from the power supply source, the taxi meter stores the aggregated values in memory for one year so that these values can be read and transferred to the media.
23. it is ensured that the sum of the values of the readings may not be used to mislead passengers.
24. Automatic change of tariffs is allowed for the following reasons: 24.1. driving distance;
24.2. the driving period;
24.3. the 24-hour time;
15.2. the date;
15.2. the day of the week.
25. If the correct operation of the taximeter depends on the nature of the taxi, provides a way to protect the connection of the taximeter to the taxi in which it is installed.
26. After fitting of the taximeter in a taxi is able to test the taxi meter, individual testing of time and mileage distance measuring precision and accuracy of the calculations.
27. the design of the taximeter and its installation instructions provide protection against malicious attempts to modify mērsignāl, which determines the distances travelled, if the meter is set according to the manufacturer's instructions.
28. The essential requirements are complied with to protect all parties involved in the use of the meter.
29. The taximeter is designed so that there is a certain operating conditions within one year of its operation is ensured without adjustment of the mpes.
30. The taximeter shall be equipped with a real time clock that keeps track of the time of day and date. Both of these values can be used for automatic change of tariffs. Requirements for the real time clock is: 30.1. timing accuracy of 0.02%;
30.2. the allowable clock adjustment-no more than two minutes a week;
30.3. the adjustment for the transition from summer time to winter time is carried out automatically;
18.9. adjustments (automatic and manual) on the trip.
31. Mileage and travel time that is displayed or printed in accordance with the requirements of this regulation, the following units of measure expressed: 31.1. distance-kilometres;
31.2. time-seconds, minutes or hours, subject to the necessary resolution and protecting against possible confusion. Economic Minister a. Štokenberg in
Search Translated Laws of Latvia