Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/142526
Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No 659 in Riga august 15, 2006 (pr. No 42 11) National Agency "Latvian biomedical research and study center" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Public Agency "Latvian biomedical research and study center" (hereinafter referred to as the Centre) is the Minister of education and science under the supervision of the existing national Research Institute. Minister of education and Science Center monitoring is implemented by the Ministry of education and science.
2. the aim of the Centre is established under the national science and technology development policy is with the scientific methods to acquire new knowledge and develop innovative technologies to enhance the biology, chemistry, medicine and other life sciences sector sustainable development and competitiveness.
II. functions of the Centre, and 3. the Centre shall have the right to the following functions: 3.1. take fundamental and applied research in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, biomedicine, biotechnology and other life sciences sectors;
UR3.2.rad complex and to explore new biologically active substances and diagnostic tools, as well as to develop their technology acquisition;
3.3. the human genome research and promote the exploitation of research results in medicine;
3.4. in cooperation with the universities to promote science and higher education in the development of integrated biology, chemistry, medicine and other life sciences sectors;
3.5. in accordance with the competency to provide services in the field of research;
3.6. to participate in national and international research projects and research programmes;
3.7. in accordance with the competency to carry out scientific expertise, particularly medical, veterinary and plant protection.
4. in order to implement certain features, perform the following tasks: 4.1 promote the scientific research results to practical use;
4.2. draw up and implement programmes and measures for the training of the scientific Qualifi cations;
4.3. organizes scientific conferences, seminars and lectures;
4.4. issue communication materials;
4.5. types of genetic information databases and collections;
4.6. other activities of the Centre's scientific regulatory legislation in certain assignments.
5. the Centre shall, in addition to other scientific operations centre laws regulating rights have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from national and municipal authorities, as well as the law in the cases of individuals Center tasks necessary information;
UR5.2.sa to take donations, donations and foreign financial assistance, as well as to participate in project competitions to attract financial resources;
5.3. According to competence to cooperate with State and local authorities, private individuals, as well as international institutions;
5.4. procedure laid down by the legislation and about the charge for public services provided by the Centre;
5.5. the economic activity of the Centre's scientific activities.
III. the administration of the Centre. the Centre is managed by the Centre 6 scientists collegiate institution, the Scientific Council and the Director. The Scientific Council for five years by a simple majority, elected by the general meeting of scientists of the Centre (hereinafter referred to as the Assembly). Directors elected for five years by the Scientific Council, but post confirms the Minister of education and science.
7. the Director of the Centre with a public agency law and scientific activities statutory duties and functions. Center Director's deputies.
8. The general meeting shall participate in the Centre's scientists. The general meeting may decide, if it participates in two-thirds of the total number of scientists of the Centre. General meetings shall be convened by the Director of the Centre or the Scientific Council on the initiative of the President or at the request of at least 10% of the Center's leading researchers, researchers and assistants.
9. The Scientific Council shall determine the scientific activities Act and the Statute of the Scientific Council. The Scientific Council of the regulations approved by the general meeting.
IV. financial resources of the Centre and the goods 10. the financial resources of the Centre consists of: 10.1 Government grant from the general revenue, including the base funding;
UR10.2.ie hospitality structures for the paid service provided by the Centre and other own revenue;
10.3. donations and gifts;
10.4. foreign financial help.
11. The provisions referred to in paragraph 10 of the financial funds are used in accordance with the procedure approved by the Scientific Council.
12. the remuneration of staff of the Centre comprises: 12.1. fees, which the employee is granted and the amount of which shall be calculated in accordance with the regulations on the procedure for the base funding of the State scientific institutions and State University scientific institutes;
12.2. the remuneration in accordance with the law of the scientific activities of the Centre in charge of contracts concluded for the implementation of the financial resources obtained and which shall be determined according to the Centre's internal wage policy, as well as on the basis of the contracts concluded by the Centre.
13. the Centre, in accordance with the laws and the management contract concluded between the Minister of education and science and the Director of the Centre, with the Centre's existing national in possession of property and possessions, which the center bought their activities.
14. the Centre on budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to assume the guarantees. Before the application for the permit of the Minister of finance for the center of the documentation prepared by the Ministry of education and science.
V. Justice Centre and reporting centre 15 actual action in the Act on administrative procedures the cases, as well as administrative acts may be challenged by submitting an application to the Director of the Centre. The decision of the Director may appeal to the Court.
16. the Director of the Centre's actual action in the Act on administrative procedures the cases, as well as administrative acts may be challenged by the Ministry of education and science, by submitting an application to the Director of the Centre. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court.
17. the report on the Centre's functions and the use of financial resources, the Centre submitted to the Ministry of education and science of the regulatory procedure provided for in the Treaty and within the time limits laid down.
Prime Minister, the Defense Minister a. Slakter by Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by 31 august 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia