Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/142694
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 708 Riga, 29 august 2006 (pr. No 44 21) National Agency "Latvian National Institute of Wood Chemistry" Charter Issued in accordance with the law of public agencies 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. public agency "Latvian National Institute of Wood Chemistry" (hereinafter called the Institute) is the Minister of education and science under the supervision of the existing national Research Institute. Minister of education and Science Institute's monitoring is implemented by the Ministry of education and science.
2. the objective of the activities of the Institute under the national development of science and technology policy with scientific methods to acquire new knowledge and develop innovative technologies to enhance the wood chemistry and polymer chemistry industry in the sustainable development and competitiveness.
II. functions of the Institute, the tasks and rights 3. The Institute has the following functions: 3.1. fundamental studies of wood chemistry and polymer chemistry sectors;
3.2. to carry out applied research to ensure product development achievable from the wood, other biomass, their components and other renewable raw material resources;
3.3. in accordance with the competency to carry out scientific expertise in rational utilization of biomass policy and interests and position of Latvia in the European Union and representation in international institutions and processes;
3.4. According to the competency to provide services in the field of research;
3.5. to take part in national and international research projects and research programmes;
3.6. in cooperation with the universities to promote the higher education of science and integrated development of wood chemistry and polymer chemistry sectors.
4. in order to implement these functions, the Institute: 4.1 promote the scientific research results to practical use;
4.2 develop and implement educational programmes and measures;
4.3. organizes scientific conferences, seminars and lectures;
4.4. manage information materials;
4.5. performs other tasks in accordance with the laws and regulations governing the Institute's scientific activity.
5. the Institute, in addition to other scientific activities of the Institute the laws regulating rights have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from national and municipal authorities, as well as the law in the cases of the individuals tasks of the Institute the necessary information;
UR5.2.sa to take donations, donations and foreign financial assistance to participate in project competitions to attract financial resources;
5.3. According to competence to cooperate with State and local authorities, private individuals, as well as international institutions;
5.4. procedure laid down by the legislation and about the charge for public services provided by the Institute;
5.5. to conduct business operations under the direction of the scientific activities of the Institute.
III. the administration of the Institute the Institute Management Institute 6 scientists collegiate institutions – Scientific Council – and the Director. The Scientific Council of the Institute for five years by a simple majority, elected by the general meeting of scientists of the Institute (hereinafter referred to as the Assembly). The Director of the Institute for five years, the Scientific Council shall elect, but the posts approved by the Minister of education and science.
7. The Director of the Institute of public law in the performance of the Agency and scientific work in bass the statutory duties and functions. The Director of the Institute's Deputy.
8. The general meeting shall participate in the Institute's scientists. The general meeting may decide, if it participates in two-thirds of the total number of researchers of the Institute. General meetings shall be convened by the Director of the Institute or of the Scientific Council on the initiative of the President or at the request of at least 10% of the scientists of the Institute.
9. The Scientific Council shall be determined by law and the scientific activities of the Institute's Scientific Council Charter, which confirms the general meeting.
IV. The Institute's financial resources and assets 10. the financial resources of the Institute consists of: 10.1 Government grant from the general revenue;
UR10.2.ie Institute of hospitality structures on the fees and other revenue;
10.3. donations and gifts;
10.4. foreign financial help.
11. The provisions referred to in paragraph 10 of the financial funds are used in accordance with the approved by the Scientific Council of the Institute.
12. the remuneration of staff of the Institute consists of: 12.1. fees, which the employee is granted and the amount of which shall be calculated in accordance with the regulations on the procedure for the base funding of the State scientific institutions and State University scientific institutes;
12.2. remuneration, which according to the scientific activities of the Institute in charge of the law of contracts concluded for the implementation of the financial resources obtained and which shall be determined according to the Institute for internal wage policy, as well as on the basis of the contracts concluded by the Institute.
13. the Institute with the Institute's existing national in possession of property and possessions, which the Institute acquired its own activity, in accordance with the laws and the management contract by the Minister of education and science with the Director of the Institute.
14. the Institute of law on budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to assume the guarantees. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance to the transactions that the documentation prepared by the Institute with the Ministry of education and science.
V. activities of the Institute for Justice, security and reporting. the Institute's staff of 15 actual action in the Act on administrative procedures the cases, as well as administrative acts may be challenged by submitting an application to the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute's decision may be appealed against in court.
16. The Director of the Institute for the actual action of the administrative procedure, in the cases stipulated by law, as well as administrative acts may be challenged by the Ministry of education and science, by submitting an application to the Director of the Institute. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court.
17. Reports on the Institute's functions and the use of financial resources submitted by the Institute to the Ministry of education and science of the regulatory procedure provided for in the Treaty and within the time limits laid down.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions to the September 2, 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia