Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/143588
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 753 Riga 2006 (12 September. No 47 10) National Agency "Latvijas Hidroekoloģij Institute", in accordance with the regulations issued by the public agency law 8 the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Public Agency "Hidroekoloģij Institute" (hereinafter called the Institute) is the Minister of education and science under the supervision of the existing national Research Institute. Minister of education and Science Institute's monitoring is implemented by the Ministry of education and science.
2. the objective of the activities of the Institute under the national development of science and technology policy is to carry out scientific activities in marine and inland waters in the area of ecology.
II. functions of the Institute, the tasks and rights 3. The Institute has the following functions: 3.1 make fundamental and applied research in marine, coastal, and inland waters of transition in ecology;
3.2. take water, the environment and the resources of biodiversity monitoring, including the monitoring of coastal, transitional, coastal and marine monitoring, marine monitoring, the cross-border transfer and aprobē monitoring methods;
3.3. participation in the Latvian and European Union law development and implementation, in particular the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2000, Directive 2000/60/EC establishing a Community action in the field of water policy, the marine strategy and the Helsinki Convention for the Baltic Sea in the implementation of the programme of action;
3.4. to participate in the Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission of the Helsinki Convention (HELCOM), ensuring the participation of experts;
3.5. to take part in national and international research projects and research Pro gramm;
3.6. collaborate with universities environmental scientists and environmental experts in the preparation of the main areas of research of the Institute;
3.7. implementing cooperation with international scientific institutions and cooperation partners abroad;
2.4. appropriate competency to provide scientific expertise and provide services in the field of research State and local authorities, legal and natural persons.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Institute: 4.1 carry out scientific research and publish the results thereof;
4.2. encourage scientific research results to practical use;
4.3. organizes scientific conferences, seminars and lectures;
4.4. issue communication materials, inform and educate the public about the water environment and the conservation of biological diversity;
4.5. create and maintain a special library;
4.6. create and maintain a database on water monitoring and research results, as well as participating in international data exchange in the Baltic Sea;
4.7. other scientific activities of the Institute of regulatory legislation in certain assignments.
5. in addition to other scientific activities of the Institute the laws regulating Rights Institute has the following rights: UR5.1.sl UDE contracts for participation in national and international research programmes and projects;
5.2. to request and receive, free of charge from national and municipal authorities, as well as the law in the cases of the individuals tasks of the Institute the necessary information;
UR5.3.sa to take donations, donations and foreign financial assistance, as well as to participate in project competitions to attract financial resources;
5.4 according to competence to cooperate with State and local market information, no individuals, as well as foreign and international institutions;
5.5. the procedures laid down in the laws and about the charge for public services provided by the Institute;
5.6. to provide the media information on the competence of the Institute issues;
5.7. to conduct business operations under the direction of the scientific activities of the Institute.
III. the administration of the Institute the Institute Management Institute 6 scientists collegiate institution, the Scientific Council and the Director. The Scientific Council for five years by a simple majority, elected by the general meeting of scientists of the Institute (hereinafter referred to as the Assembly). Directors elected for five years by the Scientific Council, but post confirms the Minister of education and science.
7. The Director of the Institute to fulfil government installations, public law agency law, the law on scientific activities, as well as management contracts, which the Minister of education and science with the Director of the Institute, and contract obligations and functions.
8. the Director of the Institute can be alternates. The Institute's Deputy Director for recruiting and dismissal, as well as their powers and responsibilities determined by the Director of the Institute.
9. The general meeting shall participate in the Institute's scientists. The general meeting is valid if at least two thirds of the total number of researchers of the Institute. General meetings shall be convened by the Director of the Institute or of the Scientific Council on the initiative of the President or at the request of at least 10% of the scientists of the Institute.
10. the Scientific Council of the Institute shall determine the law and the scientific activities of the Institute's Scientific Council Charter, which confirms the general meeting.
IV. The Institute's Advisory Board to coordinate the Institute's 11 goals, as well as the promotion of the Institute of public and private institutions and cooperation, acting environmental science, education and science, Minister of education and Science creates Institute Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
12. the Board operates under the Minister of education and Science approved the Charter.
13. the Advisory Board has the following tasks: 13.1 Institute. to promote scientific development and maintenance activities at the international level;
UR13.2.izv ērtē the conformity of the activities of the Institute of public administration and national programs of environmental conditions.
V. the financial resources of the Institute and the property 14. the financial resources of the Institute consists of: 14.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
UR14.2.ie Institute of hospitality structures on the fees and other revenue;
14.3. donations and gifts;
14.4. foreign financial help.
15. the remuneration of staff of the Institute consists of: 15.1, which the employee is granted and the amount of which shall be calculated in accordance with the regulations on the procedure for the base funding of the State scientific institutions and State University scientific institutes;
15.2 remuneration, which, according to the scientific activities of the Institute in charge of the law of contracts concluded for the implementation of the financial resources obtained and which shall be determined according to the Institute for internal wage policy, as well as on the basis of the contracts concluded by the Institute.
16. the Institute, in accordance with the laws and the management contract with the Institute's existing national in possession of property and possessions, which the Institute obtained its performance.
17. the Institute will act on the budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to assume the guarantees. Before the application for the permit of the Minister of finance for the Institute prepare documentation in line with the Ministry of education and science.
Vi. Activities of the Institute for Justice, security and reporting. the Institute's staff of 18 actual action in the Act on administrative procedures the cases, as well as administrative acts may be challenged by submitting an application to the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute's decision may be appealed against in court.
19. The Director of the Institute for the actual action of the administrative procedure, in the cases stipulated by law, as well as administrative acts may be challenged by the Ministry of education and science, by submitting an application to the Director of the Institute. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court.
20. Reports on the Institute's functions and the use of financial resources submitted by the Institute to the Ministry of education and science of the regulatory procedure provided for in the Treaty and within the time limits laid down.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions with the 16 September 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia