Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/144663
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 790 in Riga in 2006 on September 26 (Mon. 49.9, §) rules for railway signalling systems Issued under the Railway Act 1 paragraph 10 of article 1 General questions 1. determines the railway signalling system, alarm and signalling devices, signal meaning and their use.
2. the terms used in the rules: 2.1 blokposm-stage part of the track equipped with an automatic locking system, alarm devices, which prohibit the rolling stock to enter this part of the track, if there are other rolling stock;
2.2. the Department-related functional station and stage the track territorial;
2.3. the manoeuvres-moving rolling stock traction means and without them, as well as traction movement along the tracks to dismantle train and obtained, move the rolling stock on the loading, unloading, repairs and maintenance or parking;
2.4. stage-track between two adjacent stations or change points or adjacent to the station and changes to the point.
3. The regulations set out the requirements are binding on all persons under the railway land partition bar or directly participate in rail traffic.
2. Signals 2.1. General requirements 4. perceptive signals fall into the sight (Visual) and auditory (acoustic) signals.
5. the signal is to ensure train movement and maneuver safety and precise.
2.2. Visual signals 6. Order or instruction is independent of Visual signal colors, type, condition and the number of signālrādījum.
7. Vision signal to surrender the following warning devices: 7.1. traffic lights;
7.4. the lamp;
8. Depending on the time of use of Visual signals are divided into: 8.1 days signals – which feeds during daylight hours (a day). This signal is used for the surrender of signāltāfel, signāldisk, signālkarodziņ and signālrādītāj (exchanged, road aizsprostotāj and hidrokolonn);
8.2. the night signals – which give 24-hour dark (night). At these signals belong to arm and train lamp, lamp pole and signālrādītāj the specific color lights. Night signals also use a day when there is fog, snowstorm or other low visibility conditions when days stopping signal visibility is less than 1000 m, reducing the speed of signal visibility: less than 400 m and shunting signal visibility: less than 200 m; 8.3.24-hour signals, which give both day and night. At these signals as belonging to a particular color traffic lights, routes and other light signālrādītāj, permanent speed reduction signāldisk, square yellow signāltāfel (second half green), red signāldisk with light reflectors a freight train last name of signālrādītāj wagons and signālzīm.
2.3. Hearing tones 9. Hearing signals used in both light and dark time of the day. The order is independent of the number of hearing and sound duration, as well as the duration of the sounds from the different combinations.
10. Hearing the signal of surrender used locomotives, multiple units and railcars of train whistles, hand Horn, whistles, sirens and firecrackers.
11. Firecrackers explosion makes rolling stock to immediately stop.
3. Traffic lights 3.1. General requirements 12. Traffic light after the installation site shall: 12.1. luksoforo – set up the road track (path) to the right rail traffic direction or over the road axis that is delimited by these traffic lights;
12.2. locomotive luksoforo-mounted traction control booth and allows or prohibits the traction for the driver (driver) ride from one blokposm to another, as well as alert you to traffic light signals in the path that approaches the traction.
13. Road traffic lights depending on usage are classified into: 13.1. entrance – luksoforo permitting or prohibiting the traction, the driver (engineer) of the stage to enter the station;
13.2. output – luksoforo permitting or prohibiting the traction, the driver (the driver) to leave the station on the stage;
13.3. luksoforo-route which allows or prohibits the traction for the driver (driver) ride from one station to another;
13.4. the passing of the luksoforo – which allows or prohibits the traction for the driver (driver) ride from one blokposm to another;
13.5. cover luksoforo-delimiting rail crossings at the same level with other railways, tramway tracks and trolley bus lines, as well as by a pop-up bridges;
13.6. dam luksoforo-traction in the driver (the driver) seems to stop, if there is a threat to the safety of ferries, on large railway civil engineering structures, as well as stations border the wagon consists of inspection and repair;
8.5. warning – which warns of luksoforo pamatluksofor (the entrance, passing the dam, and the cover);
13.8. repeat luksoforo – which inform about the issue or permissive of route traffic light signals and traffic light signal Hill, if local conditions are not pamatluksofor visibility;
13.9. maneuver – allowing or prohibiting luksoforo manoeuvre;
13.10. the Hill of luksoforo – which allows or prohibits the running of the train from the Hill.
14. the road traffic can make more road traffic light functions (such as entry and exit, the exit manoeuvre and exit and route).
15. One of the road traffic (traffic lights groups), you can set up multiple stations.
16. After the traffic lights on location travel shall be broken down: 16.1. mast luksoforo (6A, 6B and 6. f. mark);
16.2. colour (fig. 6.e);
16.3. luksoforo, which shall be placed on the bridge and consoles.
17. use Luksoforo constant or constant burning, flashing and blinking (periodically light up and fade) lights.
18. Workstations, equipped with an automatic locking system, passing the traffic light constantly burning fire lights up when rolling into blokposm, which is before the traffic light, and goes off when rolling out of blokposm.
19. automatic blocking of traffic lights with a passing numbers, all the other-with letters or by letters and numbers.
20. Traffic light signals over (regardless of their parking space and usage) are the following: 20.1. one green fire-allowed to drive with the set speed;
20.2. one yellow flashing fire, allowed to drive down the rate, next traffic lights illuminate a permissive signal, which makes driving past it at a reduced rate;
20.3. the yellow fire-allowed to drive while preparing to stop. The next signal light burned prohibitive;
20.4. the two yellow lights, of which the upper is flashing – allowed to drive past the traffic lights to reduce the speed of trains to crossings along the side of the road deviates. The next traffic light is burning in a permissive signal;
20.5. the two yellow lights – allowed to drive past the traffic lights with reduced speed, preparing to stop at next set of traffic lights. Train to points along the side of the road deviates;
20.6. the red fire-St! come along traffic is prohibited.
3.2. The entrance lights 21. traffic light signals the entrance of meaning is the following: 21.1. one green fire-train may enter the station through the main road to the set speed. The next traffic light (route or exit) burned a permissive signal (fig. 1 a);
21.2. single yellow flashing fire-train may enter the station through the main road to the set speed. The next traffic light (route or exit) burned a permissive signal, which makes driving past it at a reduced rate (fig. 1B);
Full document Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 30 September 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia