Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/145503
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 830 in Riga 2006 (October 10. No 52 13) biofuels development Advisory Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 13 of the equipment 1. Biofuels Development Advisory Council (hereinafter Council) is the coordinating and advisory body of the cross-sectoral, the purpose of which is to coordinate the implementation of the law on Biofuels in the participating institutions.
2. The Council shall have the following functions: 2.1 to promote a unified national policy development and implementation of the biofuel industry;
2.2. to participate in the European Union and the national biofuel policy development and implementation;
2.3. to participate in the identification of national interests with regard to European legislation in the field of biofuels projects;
2.4. Promoting biofuels industry development and competitiveness of Latvian entrepreneurs in the international market.
3. the Council shall have the following tasks: 3.1. analyze biofuels industry in the country;
3.2. to develop recommendations for the development of the biofuel industry;
3.3. to prepare proposals on the necessary legislation biofuels sector, as well as, if necessary, to give opinions on draft legislation concerned;
3.4 analyze biofuels industry development policy document and to express views on them.
4. the Council shall have the following rights: 4.1 according to competence to request and receive from State and local authorities, as well as commercial companies and non-governmental organizations of the Council required information;
4.2. create working groups to prepare the meetings of the Council of the escalated issues and draft documents, and call upon experts, professionals of the sector concerned;
4.3. to provide recommendations on the necessary amendments to the laws and other regulations related to the biofuels industry.
5. the Council is composed of the parliamentary economy, agrarian, environmental and regional policy Commission, Ministry of finance, Ministry of transport, regional development and local government Ministry, the Ministry of agriculture, Ministry of environment, State revenue service, the agricultural University of Latvia, Riga Technical University and industry operators merging non-governmental organisations. The President of the Council of Economic Ministers. Deputy Chairman of the Council's economic Deputy State Secretary, Ministry of. Council personnel approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
6. The Council directs as well as Council decision shall be signed by the President of the Council. Council in the absence of the President, his duties shall be carried out by the Council's Vice Chairman.
7. the Council meetings are open to the public.
8. The Council meets quarterly.
9. On the meeting venue and time for the members of the Council shall be notified at least five working days before the regular session of the Council. While Council members (electronically or otherwise), also the Council meeting agenda and materials related to the meeting, the issues under consideration.
10. extraordinary meeting of the Council shall be convened if the application shall be submitted to the Chairman of the Council, it requires no less than 1/3n Council members.
11. the Council decision shall be adopted by a simple majority. Each Council Member has one vote. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote. The external expert is advisory.
12. The decisions of the Council's recommendation.
13. the President of the Council for the Organization of work of the Council of the associated follow-up, as well as inform the Council on the implementation of the decisions of the Council.
14. The Council issues escalated proposes the President of the Council, Vice-President of the Council, as well as other Council members.
15. The secretariat functions provide a Ministry of Economic Affairs ' Department of business and industry. The minutes of the Council of the Secretary of the Board. The Secretary of the Board is not a member of the Council.
16. The Secretary of the Board prepares the Council documents submitted, notify the members of the Council Council meetings venue and time, prepare a record of the proceedings, as well as, upon request, provide information on Council decisions. The Secretary of the Board within five working days electronically transmit to the members of the Council coordination meeting of the project. Member of the Council within three working days (starting with the next working day after the minutes of the project the electronic receipt) to electronically reconcile the minutes of the draft or amend the appropriate revisions. The minutes shall be signed by the President and the Secretary.
17. the operation of the facilities of the Council provide the Ministry of the economy.
Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister a. Štokenberg Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to the 13 October 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia