Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/154190
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 162 in Riga, March 6, 2007 (pr. Nr. 14) 17 amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers of 29 April 2003 regulations No. 217 "visa regulations" Issued under the immigration law article 3, third paragraph, and article 13, fourth to make the Cabinet of Ministers of 29 April 2003 regulations No. 217 "visa regulations" (Latvian journal, 2003, 65, no. 183; 2004, nr. 67; 2005, 111 no) the following amendments: 1. delete the words "in paragraph 11.4. and life".
2. Replace paragraph 11.5., the word "three" with the word "six".
3. Supplement with 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3 of the following: "these provisions 11 11.1. documents specified in point and copy of foreigner who lives far from the representations (for example, more than 100 kilometers) or who live in a country that does not have Latvian representation, representation may submit by mail, electronically, or through an authorised intermediary. The officer in the case of foreigners for his decisions to inform, through the foreigners contact information (e.g., electronically or by telephone).
11.2 If the documents submitted by post offices or through an authorised intermediary, an officer shall evaluate the documents and, if necessary, within four working days after the receipt of the document shall inform the foreigner or his authorised person of the need to submit additional information or to attend an interview, determining the date as of which a foreigner can come to the representation. If additional information or an interview is not required to obtain further information, the official decision on visa issuance takes one working day.
11.3 If the documents submitted in electronic form, the representative officer of four working days after the receipt of the document notified foreigner date from which the he can come to the representation and personally submit the visa application to the required original documents and to provide the necessary explanations in relation to the expected entry and residence in the Republic of Latvia. If, after discussion, there is no need to obtain further information, the official decision on visa issuance takes one working day. "
4. Supplement with 53.1 points as follows: "Foreigners who 53.1 the previous two years has received a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia, or at least a short-term visa for multiple entries and has used it in accordance with the law on the entry and residence of foreigners in the Republic of Latvia and which is the basis for issuing multiple-entry visas may be issued for multiple short-stay visa with a validity of up to two years the residence, which shall not exceed 90 days in any half-year period, from the date of first entry. "
5. Replace the visa questionnaire in annex 4 of the section "Service marks", the words "health and life insurance" with the words "health insurance".
6. Deletion of annex 4 of the visa questionnaire sample 36 the words "life and".
7. Make 5. point 3 of the annex by the following: "3. the Photo is in color."
8. Deletion of annex 5, paragraph 5, the words "black and white photos of the background is white, colored photos of background".
9. Delete paragraph 11 of annex 5, the word "color".
10. Express 5.14 Annex paragraph by the following: "14. Photo made: 14.1 no earlier than six months prior to the submission of documents for the visa-foreigners in until the age of five years;
14.2. not earlier than one year before the submission of a document claiming the visa-foreigners from five years to 12 years of age;
14.3. no earlier than two years prior to the submission of documents for the visa application-foreigner from the age of 12 to 20 years of age;
14.4. not earlier than four years before the submission of a document claiming the visa-foreigners from 20 years of age. "
11. Supplement with annex 5, paragraph 15 as follows: "15. Must submit a new photograph, if it is not possible to identify foreigners as his appearance changed substantially, and it requires: 15.1 the Latvian diplomatic and consular missions abroad official;
15.2. the citizenship and Migration Board officials;
15.3. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consular Department officials;
15.4. the national border guard official. " Prime Minister a. Halloween Interior Minister i. Godmanis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia