Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/154707
The Bank of Latvia Regulation No 3 Riga, March 15, 2007. "payment statistics of credit institutions ' preparatory provisions Issued in accordance with the law" on banking "article 39 i. General questions 1." statistics of payments of credit "(hereinafter the report) preparation of rules (hereinafter rules) determine requirements for the compilation of statistics of payments required to promote the smooth functioning of payment systems in the Republic of Latvia, and inform the public on the development of the payment system.
2. The rules are binding on the institutions of the Bank of Latvia, which included the Republic of Latvia, monetary financial institutions (hereinafter MF) list (hereinafter referred to as the reporting institution).
II. terms used in the rules check-one of the 3 Parties (trasant) a written order to the other party (trasāt, usually a financial institution) to pay a certain amount to the request to trasant or third party, defined by the trasant.
4. Debit transfers, bill payment, the authorized consignee receiving started by the credit institution. Debit payment transfer documents are sent from the recipient credit institutions to the payer's credit authority but cash-paying credit to the beneficiary of the credit institution. Debit transfer may be involved in one or more credit institutions and payment systems.
5. Card payment-terminal or otherwise made by card.
6. Card-payment feature, which is under contract with the credit institution provides authorized users one or more functions: cash, electronic money (e-money hereinafter) or the payment function. Cards with payment function is divided into cards with a debit, credit or delayed debit function.
7. Map of the deferred debit card, allowing unauthorized users to make payment transactions granted credit line limits. Credit granted in full, the amounts spent in the repayable at the end of the period.
8. Card with debit-card function that enables an authorized user to make payment transactions directly from the cash account. Card with a debit function can be attached to the account, which in addition offers account facility.
9. Card with credit-card function that enables an authorized user to make payment transactions granted credit line limits. You can repay the credit granted in part and the remainder is considered an extension of credit.
10. the customer – and the non-MFIs MFIs that are not credit institutions.
11. Credit transfer-payment, initiated by the person paying the credit institution with the purpose of transfer of funds to the recipient. Credit transfer and payment documents and funds are transferred from the payer to the credit of the beneficiary of the credit institution. Credit transfer can be involved in one or more credit institutions and payment systems.
12. payment – cash payment, payment or transfer from the payer to the recipient that is independent of any other obligations between the payer and the beneficiary. Payments can start paying or the beneficiary, which may be one and the same person.
13. Terminal – electromechanical equipment that provides authorized users access to certain services. Terminal Services available using the card with one or more features, cash, or e-money payment function.
14. Direct debit – Bill authorized payer's account debiting, initiated by the beneficiary the beneficiary's credit institution. Usually the direct debit payment is authorized above, i.e., the person authorized payment before it started.
15. the term "credit institution", "tender", "e-money", "e-money institution ' use of credit law, meet the term" MFIs "," non-MFIs "," resident "and" non-residents "usage meets the Bank of Latvia" monetary financial institutions a monthly balance sheet and the rules of preparation of the annex ".
III. REVIEW of the procedure for the preparation and SUBMISSION of 16. Reporting credit institution shall draw up a report every six months under UPDK 0620562 form (annex 1).
17. The reporting credit institution shall prepare a report in two copies, one of which is stored in a credit institution, and the other in electronic form shall be submitted to the Bank of Latvia. Electronic report prepared and sent to the appropriate Bank of Latvia statistical reporting and submitting legislation.
18. the report presented in numerical values in whole numbers. The report used the expression unit is late, and the position of the foreign currency accounts of the periods in LCY by Bank of Latvia currency exchange rate of the respective day.
19. The reporting institution reports shall be submitted to the Bank of Latvia to 25 July and 25 January.
IV. Means of payment 20. review in part 1 of "means of payment" displays the reporting credit omitted and serviced a number of means of payment and the amount. Displays the reporting credit institution launched the customer transfers of funds where the payer or the recipient is a client, as well as credit transfers credit where both the payer and recipient are credit institutions. Separately, the means of payment in dollars, euros and other currencies.
21. customer credit transfers presented customer credit transfers. Separately, customer credit transfers, which kick off with an order of payment in the form of a paper document in electronic form, and ongoing credit transfers. Also produce credit transfers that customer initiated with credit transfers, ATMs. Regular payment and the payment order in the cases presented in the package of each individual payment.
21.1. the paper document launched credit transfers presented customer credit transfers, which kick off on the basis of a paper document in the form of a payment order submitted. Shall also otherwise ongoing customer credit transfers for their implementation in electronic form requires the involvement of the employees of the credit institution, t.sk. show payments initiated via phone or fax.
21.2. Without a paper document launched credit transfers presented customer credit transfers, which kick off on the basis of the order for payment is submitted without the use of a paper document, that is, electronic and electronic execution does not require the involvement of the employees of the credit institution.
21.2.1. The Internet launched credit transfers presented customer credit transfers, which kick off on the basis of the submitted payment order on the internet.
21.2.2. credit transfers, which kick off via your phone displays customer credit transfers, which kick off based on electronic means of payment orders submitted via phone.
21.2.3. the remaining without a paper document launched credit transfers presented it without paper documents started customer credit transfers other than those referred to in paragraph 21.2.1 and 21.2.2..
22. Card payments payments are presented with an overview of the credit cards issued by a payment function separately payments with cards with a debit, credit and deferred debit cards, making the site the terminals in Latvia and abroad. Also presented in the available internet payment card acceptance sites and using the phone. Also produce card payments made with cards issued by credit institutions which, in cooperation with the retailers.
23. Direct debit direct debit payments presented its credit, the beneficiary shall submit a debit payment document. Repeated cases of direct debit presented each individual payment.
24. E-money payment present customer e-money transfer e-money from the payer data medium to the requested e-money-media payments separately with e-cash cards and other e-money-media.
25. Cheques cheque payments presented the credit institution to which the beneficiary submits a cheque for payment. The travel cheques are presented, fuel receipts, bank and transferable promissory notes. Also presented cash against cheques costs.
26. other means of payment displays the customer means of payment that does not include credit transfer, card payment, direct debit, e-cash or check payment category.
27. cross-border payments sent to produce cross-border payments to which the credit institution payment advice sent to the recipient or to foreign countries. Credit transfers presented cash paying institution, direct debits and cheques presented for receiving funds, and credit card payments show card issuing credit institution.
28. cross-border payments received are presented in the cross-border payments to which the credit institution payment documents received from foreign countries. Credit transfers presented cash beneficiary credit institution, direct debits and cheques presented cash paying credit card payments and card makers presented a credit institution.
29. Credit credit transfers presented only credit transfers, which launched a reporting credit institution or other credit institutions. Displays the credit credit transfers involving only credit institutions (except e-money institutions) and the central bank. Separately, credit institutions were also sent and received cross-border credit transfers.
V. Review of transaction terminals 30. in part 2 of "transaction terminals" presented payment cards, the number and amount of terminals regardless of the currency of payment.
31. the domestic terminals of the transaction with domestically Produced issued cards with the reporting of credit cards issued in the transaction taken inland terminals.
32. the domestic terminals of the transaction with a foreign issued cards show the reporting credit terminals perform transactions with cards issued abroad.
33. Transactions at terminals abroad by domestically produced issued cards with the reporting credit cards issued to perform transactions at terminals abroad.
34. Cash-in ATMs, cash costs of ATMs produced by card with a cash function carried out cash-in ATMs or the cost of them.
35. Cash cost of using the card acceptance location terminals shown in the cash cost of using the card acceptance location terminals (cash-back facility).
36. the payments with cards card acceptance terminals is presented with place cards make transaction of payment card acceptance location terminals.
37. Credit Transfers presented ATMs ATMs with credit transfer function of the credit transfers.
38. E-money card charging and repayment lists both the e-cash card charging and e-money-back transactions with a credit institution.
Vi. Cash transactions report part 3:39. "cash transactions" shows the credit reporting plants customer cash contributions to the credit institution and the costs of the credit institution's cash transactions separately in dollars, euros and other currencies. Cash contributions and the cost of the transaction, as shown in the section "transaction terminals", here presented.
VII. The transaction review part 4:40 "accounting transactions" shows the reporting credit internal postings that are made between the credit institution and the customer accounts in accordance with the agreements and transactions with financial instruments. Separately, the transaction in dollars, euros and other currencies.
41. Credit Transfers presented internal postings that result in funds being credited to the customer's account, without using the credit transfer as payment. Displays the credit interest, dividend made and credit costs to customers, as well as the contributions of the deposit securities and the currency selling on behalf of clients.
42. Direct debit presented internal postings that result in funds being scrapped from the client's account, without using the direct debit as payment. Show credit write-off of money made from customer accounts for contributions to the credit card account, credit and repayment of the costs from the deposit accounts, as well as securities and currency purchase on behalf of clients. Presentation of the Commission's charges, which is posted separately from the means of payment. If fees are posted with the payment, they are included in the report under the "means of payment" on the tender.
VIII. Customer account number 43. Review part 5 "customer account number" shown in the reporting of credit institutions the number of customer accounts at the end of the reporting period, showing separately the lats, euro and other currency accounts. Total number of accounts separately for those accounts, available on the internet.
44. Customer accounts presented to the resident and non-resident in the Division, showing their client accounts, which are funds held in demand obligations or requirements under the Bank of Latvia "monetary financial institutions a monthly balance sheet and the rules of preparation of the annex".
IX. 45. Report Card 6 "card" shows the reporting credit issued and in force, the number of cards at the end of the reporting period. The map shows, regardless of their frequency of use during the accounting period. Also produce cards that are issued by a credit institution in cooperation with retailers.
46. If the card has a number of features, presented in each of the relevant sub-categories. The total number of cards in each show once.
47. The card with a cash function displays the map with which the authorized user can make cash contributions or the cost of the Terminal.
48. Cards with payment function displays the map, which is a debit, credit or delayed debit function (at least one of these functions), with which the authorized user can make payment transactions.
49. The card with an e-money function produce cards that can accumulate e-money. Separately, the e-money cards, which are at least once charged, i.e. are considered active.
50. the combined maps show its cards, which combines at least debit, cash and e-money function.
51. Local maps show the reporting credit card issued by the plants, which are not among the card organization brand folksy. These cards usually only intended for domestic payments.
TERMINAL x, their networks, and the INTERNET card and available E-money making site 52. Review part 7 "terminals, networks and the internet available cards and e-money making sites" presented their networks and terminals, internet available cards and e-money making sites that serve the reporting institution at the end of the reporting period.
53. If the terminal meets the multiple categories, presented in each of the relevant lines. ATM, card making sites and the total number of e-money in each Terminal Terminal presented at once.
54. the show Atm terminals, which allows an authorized user to make the card cash costs from your account, as well as other services, for example, make a cash deposit or credit transfer. Terminals usually also possible to get information about the account balance, but only with the following Terminal function is not an ATM, and position are not included. Separately, the ATM, which allows you to make cash costs, credit transfers and cash contributions.
55. Atm network displays data for the reporting of a credit institution established and operated the ATM control centres, under which the credit institution shall also carry out the transaction authorization allowed ATMs, payment information gathering and transmission of relevant international organisations or credit cards if the following functions are assigned to specialized organizations (such as map Center).
56. The card acceptance location terminal display terminals, which allow you to use the card with payment function in physical card making sites, to carry out non-cash payment transactions. Separately, the electronic payment terminals in the reception area.
57. The card acceptance location network presents information on the reporting of a credit institution established and operated card acceptance location control centres, within which the plants also take credit card transaction authorization, payment information gathering and transmission of relevant international organisations or credit cards if the following functions are assigned to specialized organizations (such as map Center).
58. A card with an e-money function acceptance terminals terminals separately, which allows e-money card charge or e-money back and allowing to make payments by e-cash card.
59. in the available Internet cards and e-money making sites presented in the available internet cards and e-money making sites (i.e. those that are not in the electromechanical equipment), served by the reporting institution.
Closing questions 60. Be declared unenforceable by the Bank of Latvia Council of 13 May 1999 decision No 57/2 On "credit" payment terms "statistics".
61. the rules shall enter into force on 1 July 2007.
62. the report on the first half of 2007, the Bank of Latvia presented statistical administration no later than July 25, 2007.
The Bank of Latvia President i. Rimšēvič in annex 1 the Bank of Latvia on 15 March 2007, regulations No 3, the President of the Bank of Latvia is Rimšēvič.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia