Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/156604
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 278 in 2007. April 24 (. 25. § 3) national education development agency regulations issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. National Education Development Agency (hereinafter the Agency) is the Minister of education and science under the supervision of the national regulatory authority. The Minister overseeing the Agency is implemented by the Ministry of education and science.
2. the objective of the Agency is to implement the national policy for education and continuing education in the field of development, to make the European Union's structural fund implementation and monitoring of the projects, to ensure the application of the European Union and other financial instruments, programmes, projects and initiatives.
II. Agency functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: to provide European 3.1 community education programmes Leonardo da Vinci actions in Latvia and the European Community action programme in the field of lifelong learning 2007-2013 Leonardo da Vinci sub-programmes;
3.2. to ensure Latvia's membership of the Euroguidance network in accordance with the guidelines of the European Union the objectives and tasks;
3.3. implementation of other educational and lifelong learning programmes and projects according to the contracts concluded between the Agency and the institutions of Latvia, European Union institutions and other bodies;
3.4. to perform the functions laid down in the laws and the management of the structural funds of the European Union, the European Union's structural funds provide second-level intermediate bodies and cooperation bodies;
3.5. to provide career development support institutions involved in the promotion of cooperation.
4. the functions of the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1 plans, implements and manages programs and projects that provide them the necessary support, according to the contracts concluded between the Agency and the Latvian authorities, the European institutions and the Member States of the European Union institutions;
4.2. shall cooperate with the institutions of Latvia, European Union institutions and other relevant institutions for the exchange of experience and information, professional education, continuing education and lifelong learning programme and project development and implementation;
4.3. ensure the structural funds of the European Union funded projects implementation, monitoring, control and data collection according to the second-level intermediate bodies functions and regulations;
4.4. supports the European Union funds the project application and selection of project implementation of the structural funds, monitoring, control and data collection process in the open European Union fund management in the 2007 to 2013 programming period under the authority of the cooperation;
4. establish and maintain a database of structural learning, the exchange of information on international education, information and networks under the contract concluded with the European Commission, collect information and maintain a national database on learning opportunities in Latvia;
4.6 coordinated career development support system between the education and employment sectors and ensure cooperation between the bodies involved in the system;
4.7. agreements with natural and legal persons for supplies and services.
5. the functions and tasks the Agency shall cooperate with national regulatory authorities, the institutions of the European Union departments and officials, legal and natural persons.
6. The provisions in paragraph 3, the Agency shall carry out the functions mentioned under the Minister of education and Science approved the medium-term actions and development strategy, and in accordance with the conclusion of management contracts.
7. the Agency shall have the following rights: 7.1. to request and receive from State and local government institutions, as well as the laws and regulations – prescribed-from natural and legal persons of the agencies function information required;
7.2. the charge for public services provided by the Agency;
7.3. to accept donations and donations.
III. Agency governance 8. The Agency shall be headed by a Director. The Agency's Director shall make public administration facilities Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director of the Agency's responsibilities are defined in the law, public agencies, the Agency's management contract and labour contract. The Director of the Agency shall be appointed and relieved of the post of Minister of education and science.
9. the Director of the Agency can be alternates. Deputy Director of the Agency shall be appointed and removed from Office, as well as their powers and responsibilities determined by the Director of the Agency.
IV. the Agency's assets and financial resources of the Agency with its 10 possession passed to the Act public law agency, in accordance with the procedure laid down in article 16, and under the management agreement.
11. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 11.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
11.2. own revenue, including revenue for paid services rendered by the Agency;
11.3. donations and gifts;
11.4. foreign financial assistance.
12. the Agency Act on the budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to assume the guarantees. Before the Minister of finance that the application for the permit for the documentation prepared by the Agency with the Ministry of education and science.
V. activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 13. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director. The Director of the Agency's decision may appeal to the Court.
14. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of education and science. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court.
15. the report on the Agency's functions and the use of funds the Agency shall provide the Administration in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Treaty and within the time limit.
Vi. Closing questions 16. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 6 July 2004, Regulation No 577 "State Agency" for the development of vocational training agency "Statute" (Latvian journal, 2004, 107 no).
17. the rules shall enter into force on 1 May 2007.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science b. Rivž Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 1 May 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia