Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/158090
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 353 in Riga on 29 may, 2007 (pr. 31 to 35) provisions on citizenship law Latvian language skills and the constitutional framework of the Republic of Latvia, the text of the national anthem and Latvian history aptitude test Issued in accordance with article 12 of the nationality law of the fourth subparagraph, article 19 and article 21, second part i. General questions 1. determines the Latvian language skills (language skills) and the constitutional framework of the Republic of Latvia, the text of the national anthem and Latvian history knowledge (knowledge) tests.
2. Language skills and knowledge of Administration created the naturalization examination examination Commission.
3. primary or secondary education institutions senior learner who learns or has mastered the minority education program and wants to naturalizēt or get citizenship recognition procedures (hereinafter referred to as the learner), certify language skills in Chapter VII of these regulations.
4. the language proficiency test and the test of knowledge about the observers can participate in naturalization officials of Government, parliamentary citizenship law enforcement members, as well as other organisations and authorities with the Naturalization Board Chief.
II. The assignment to the language skills to the test and aptitude test 5. Person who organizes language skills to the test and aptitude test (hereinafter the applicant), the Naturalization Board regional chapter (know-there) gets the assignment to the language skills to the test and assignment to the aptitude test.
6. Language skills to the test to determine the applicants within two months after submission of all the required documents for naturalization, but aptitude test – two months after the language skills test. If a person from the language skills test has been released, the deadline of two months for the aptitude test is counted from the date of submission of the document.
7. Applicant's language skills to the test and the test sequence specified in the detention place and time.
8. Where the applicant for good reason not be posting in a specified time to attend language skills to the test or to the test, he's two months of posting during the specified in the submit chapter documents proving the cause of absence. After the submission of this document management officer determined the naturalization of others during the trial.
9. If the tenderer who arrived on language skills to the test or to the test, it does not pass, or refuses to answer, the Latvian language skills to the test, he repeated in the second and third time can be arranged not earlier than six months from the previous testing times but test again a second and third time can be arranged not earlier than three months from the previous test times one consideration of the application of the naturalization process.
10. The applicant, upon arriving on the language skills to the test or to the test, produce passport and submit work order issued by the Department.
III. Language skills testing progress 11. language skills Before the Commission introduces candidates to the examination procedure.
12. Language skills test takes place in two parts.
13. the Inspection Commission language skills test evaluated the applicant's skill: 13.1. listen to and understand speech;
13.2. to read;
13.3. to execute a written work;
13.4. to talk about domestic topics.
14. Language skills test, the applicant is not allowed to use textbooks, dictionaries, and other learning resources, electronic means of communication and additional features, as well as talk to other applicants.
15. the language proficiency examinations shall be issued to the applicant in the first part of the test material. The first part of the test checks the candidate's skills in listening, reading and writing.
16. the first part of the expected time is 90 minutes.
17. at the first part of the tasks the applicant shall forward the assessment of inspection work Commission.
18. Language skills to the test in the second part of the Inspection Commission interviews applicants for the household. The Commission shall take the applicant's answers audio recording.
19. Language skills in the second part of the test time is provided for up to 15 minutes.
20. The applicant who has reached 65 years of age, language skills to the test in a row, only the language skills the second part of the test.
IV. progress of knowledge examination 21. Test occurs after the tenderer – orally or in writing.
22. The applicant declares knowledge of the national language.
23. The applicant is not allowed to use the teaching tools and other learning materials, except the examination room in the demonstrations.
24. If a tenderer sort test verbally, his task is to assure the national anthem text knowledge, and respond to selected questions placed on the envelope.
25. the preparation of the oral answers shall be issued to the applicant with a administrative organ of the naturalization stamp stamped, dated and test program. Preparation for response time is 30 minutes, up to 15 minutes for your reply. The Commission shall take the applicant's answers audio recording. After the signature of the applicant referred to the reply page and submit it to the Commission. Page signed by all the members of the Commission.
26. If a tenderer sort test writing, he runs the test. National anthem text knowledge the applicant certifies by choice – either in writing or orally. The national anthem of the oral knowledge the applicant individually certify Inspection Commission specified time then when all applicants have met the test and left the examination room.
27. written preparation of the answers (test execution) the projected time is 45 minutes. After the execution of the test the applicant passes the Inspection Commission. Test signed by all the members of the Commission.
V. language skills and knowledge of inspection inspection arrangements for persons who have been granted disability 28. language skills tests and aptitude tests should such persons: 28.1. Disabled persons in Group I;
28.2. Group II disabled persons with advanced mental illness;
28.3. In Group II and group III disabled persons with double-sided deafness or deaf mēmum.
29. From knowledge inspection exempted groups II and III to the visually impaired.
30. Language skills testing second round: 30.1. (II) the Group and the Group III disabled persons who do not have the right arm or right arm hand (female the where – left arm or left arm wrist);
30.2. of the Group II and group III for the visually impaired.
31. Group II and group III disability of speech language first part of the test.
32. Group II and group III hearing disabled sort language skills to the test in the first part of illiteracy.
33. the Naturalization Board, taking into account the health and integrity of the expertise of the National Commission of physician or the Department – General or specialized health and uptime of the profile of expertise doctor the opinion of the Commission of inquiry and is entitled to determine the ease of language skills to the test and the test procedures or exempt from the examination persons who have been granted a disability.
Vi. decisions of the review board, language skills and knowledge of the inspection the inspection document design verification Commission 34. language skills to the test and aptitude test shall draw up Protocol (annex 1) and fill in the test sheet (annex 2).
35. following the evaluation of the applicant's answers with "settled" or "settled" is not the Commission presents candidates with language skills and knowledge of the test results, and the applicant sign the Protocol and the test page. Language skills tests and aptitude tests materials added to the applicant's naturalization case.
36. If the language skills test or the test arrives by a person other than the applicant, who was issued the order sorting checks, the Commission shall take a decision not to allow this person to arrange inspection.
37. The Commission adopted the decision to recognise the language skills test or aptitude tests results null and void, if the language skills test or aptitude tests end becomes known to the Commission or the Commission finds that the appropriate test is taken by another person than the applicant for whom the assignment was issued the appropriate tests.
38. If the applicant violates the validation rules, the Commission shall adopt a decision to terminate the applicant's language skills or aptitude test.
39. The applicant has the right month to challenge the Commission's decision to the naturalization n. o..
VII. Procedures for certifying language learner skills 40. Learner language proficiency check education in Latvian language exam in Central or Central Latvian language and literature exam in accordance with the statutory arrangements for centralized exam content and modalities.
41. The learner's language skills in compliance with the citizenship law the requirements laid down in this provision confirms in paragraph 40 of the received certificate exam in which the language skills assessment meets level A, B or C.
VIII. Closing questions
42. To declare unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 2 February 1999, the provisions of no. 33 "rules for Latvian language skills and the constitutional framework of the Republic of Latvia, the text of the national anthem and Latvian history test for persons who wish to acquire Latvian citizenship through naturalization" (Latvian journal, 1999, 32;/33.nr. 2000,/309.nr.; 2001, 307.99.119. No; 2003, 63 no; 2004, nr. 124; 2006, nr. 128).
43. If the person is a centralized Latvian language and literature exam passed until august 15, 2006, the State language skills to the test is considered outstanding if these rules referred to in paragraph 40 the centralised examination assessment received in (A), (B), (C) or (D). The Prime Minister a. Halloween Justice Minister g. Smith Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force June 2, 2007.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 29 May 2007 regulations no 353 G. Buchanan, Minister of Justice annex 2 Cabinet on 29 May 2007, regulations no 353 Justice Minister g. Smith
Search Translated Laws of Latvia